Chapter 4: The March to Toad Town
2k 8 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was in the Bone Dragon Pit where three Yoshis--blue, pink, and white--fell to the ground, beaten down by this woman in a black dress, this woman with sharp claws and a sharper glance.

“Chumps!” she shouted. “All of you, chumps!”

She was Bowsette, the new scourge to the world. The talk of the town, if the town talked about dangerous menaces. And she simply could not be beaten.

These Yoshis were just three among the dozens that had tried to stop her advance as she blew her way through Yoshi’s Island in search of one specific denizen: the Bone Dragon itself.

These creatures were the remains of Dread Lords that were said to have roamed the Earth eons ago, wreaking havoc and destroying everything in their paths just because they could. They were stopped by something or another, and their bones scattered across the world in the hopes that they would remain forgotten. For the most part they were, other than the famous skull beneath the icy town center in Snowflake Lake, but there was a nearly-complete skeleton left forgotten deep in the core of Yoshi’s Island, and it appeared that this new Bowsette being, whoever she was, had uncovered its secrets.

The white Yoshi, in its last moments before passing out, watched as Bowsette held out her palm, activating some sort of magic spell that summoned the three heads of the Bone Dragon to greet her.

“Hail me!” she shouted. “I am the Lordess Bowsette, and I have come to...”

***

Plum swung her club and the golf ball went flying into the air, straight towards the flagpole off in the distance. If she was lucky, and if her aim was true, she would get a hole in one here, putting her in first place for the tournament!

“Nice shot!” some disembodied announcer shouted.

The ball rolled onto the green, spun a little bit... and landed right in the hole! Wow!

Sherry high-fived her. “Good going, girl,” she said. “You’re gonna enter the pro leagues yet!”

“Ah, I doubt that,” said Plum. “I’m nowhere near good enough to do that...”

Sonny stepped up and patted her on the back. “Oh, Plum, ya just gotta believe in yerself,” he said. “I sure as pie believe in you!”

“Oh, Sonny...” Plum grabbed his cheek and planted a kiss on the lips. He took his hat off and put it at his chest. “We’ll see how things go.”

BAM.

A loud stomp.

A golf club thudding against the grass, hard enough to shake the ground around Plum and the others.

They turned around.

A toothy grin from a woman in an extremely-low-cut dress, glaring deep into them with her deep red eyes, smouldering irons in a furnace.

Wordlessly, she set down a golf ball on the tee and swung at it with mad power.

The golf ball flew into the air and crashed into the hole with blazing speeds--

Exploding and causing a large tremor.

When the smoke cleared, Plum looked back at the golf course, where there was a now a massive crater where the hole used to be.

The woman next to them merely cackled.

***

Mallow shot bolts of lightning out at Bowsette, but she was too quick, too nimble, too quick, too nimble.

This woman, holding no weapons but still shooting fire from her mouth, was almost unstoppable. She had climbed her way up Sky Garden and reached the Meringue Clouds, a peaceful realm that until now had seen little in the way of invasion or warfare, other than occasional Koopaling incursions.

Now, however, the entire realm was being threatened by just one being.

Bowsette kicked Mallow in the air and he flew through several clouds.

He was the last line of defense before Nimbus Land, his home. And as Prince, it was his duty to protect it, whatever the cost!

He shot more lightning bolts, one of them very nearly hitting her, but it wasn’t enough. Mallow had no style, no grace, and now, with Bowsette’s fist pummelling into him, he had a funny face.

He almost laughed, but he lost consciousness too quickly.

72