Chapter 88: Dark Land Battle (Boom Boom)
268 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You idiot!” Bowsette shouted over the radio. “Your robot is destroying our own forces! Flutter is down! I repeat, Flutter is down!”

“I’m so sorry!” Dr. Crygor shouted. “Smithy must be confused! All of that artillery barrage is coming down and he’s getting disoriented. I’ll try to order him ar-- my remote is broken.”

“Dammit!!!”

Boom Boom, listening to this, realized that it was his army’s turn to strike. They had been advancing near the rear so far, but they were better utilized out there, even if it meant having to face a rampaging massive robot that was smashing his hammer at practically anything around him.

He looked at Pom Pom. “Boom Boom knows what to do,” he said.

She nodded. “Let’s go. Koopas! Behind us!”

The entire force of them jumped forward, and got in their shells as they did so. They slid forward, gliding along the battlefield and surfing past the fighting. Boom Boom steered his shell to avoid crashing into any bodies, even though a few of the Koopas couldn’t manage it and they lost a few of their forced before even engaging the enemy.

No matter. If they succeeded, they’d be well on their way in this battle.

Boom Boom glided his shell right into the enemy lines, through a whole row of Goombas wearing spiked helmets who really didn't see it coming. As a few enemies started to pursue, he spun a bit in the shell and shot out fireballs in all directions. This would normally be dangerous what with his own allies nearby, but they were in such a Koopa Troop-dense area that every single fireball hit a different enemy.

There they were-- the artillery cannons.

Boom Boom wasn’t going to let himself get scared and stop halfway anymore. He had a specific purpose in life, and he was going to life to see the end of it. With Pom Pom at his side, with Bowsette as his friend, Boom Boom knew nothing was going to go badly for the Grand Unity Army, nor for himself.

He and his shelled buddies crashed into the annons, knocking them down as they launched their Bullet Bills and sending those missiles careening in random directions or exploding in midair.

However, one Bullet Bill, by sheer coincidence, spun around and hit the giant Smithy in the face, exploding and disabling the bot after enduring so much damage before. It collapsed on the ground and dropped its hammer on top of a bunch of nearby Koopa Troop soldiers.

It was an unfortunate loss, but Boom Boom realized that they had routed this entire enemy force. The only stragglers left were giving up. They had finally defeated the first enemy army. HE had.

And now they could keep going.

17