Chapter 7
858 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Max had to admit, finally having something to wait for made the time just crawl by. He had sat there for almost a year, but that time seemed to fly by in comparison to waiting for the timer to go down. He got another seventy mana was thrown into increasing his range, but that did next to nothing. Ever since the notation changed from centimeters to meters, every increase has felt like even less, despite it being the same increase. He just had to use a total of a hundred mana to even get a noticeable increase on his status.

Name

Max

Race

Dungeon Core

Strength

N/A

Health

6/6

Dexterity

N/A

Mana

20/30

Endurance

2

Core size

5 mm

Intelligence

3

Bound Creatures

1

Wisdom

3

Area of Influence

4.03 M

Charisma

10

Rank

1

Luck

5

Dungeon Points

0

Mana/min

0.3

Health/min

0.2

Instead of increasing his Area of Influence by two more millimeters, for a grand total of nine, he decided to hold back twenty for when the timer hit zero. He felt it was the best option, as he could always just increase the size after, but if she did just spawn back in front of him, being able to communicate via telepathy would be valuable. Otherwise, she might be confused or disorientated upon coming back, and he would not be able to do anything about it for a few minutes while his mana regenerated. He kept a solid eye on the timer as it went down from three, to two, to one. However, instead of hitting zero, the screen just changed the status in real-time.

Name

Race

Profession

Status

Savia

Wolf-kin (Female)

Slave

Healthy

Once more, except in reverse this time, particles filled the room of the rundown shack. Slowly, from her feet up, Savia's body remade itself from the sheer amount of particles. Once it got up to her shins though, Max already noticed a difference. When he first read healthy on the display, he was unsure exactly what that meant. Was she considered healthy at the point when they bonded? Or at her personal physical prime, free of disease and sickness? When her legs came back, with no bruises or cuts on them of any kind, his worries flew away. Instead of the horrible fate that the other alternative had, flawless skin greeted his vision as she came back. As it continued up, while she remained nude, many things were different from how Max remembered. First off, she was not emaciated as she had been, a nice amount of flesh draped over her form, just enough to be used as love handles. Her breasts were light and perky, but not terribly large, while her ass was finely toned. The biggest change of all was the addition of what he had suspected was lost. A beautiful tail that flowed out in a silver sheen, with wolf ears to match. Her hair was no longer scrappy and mistreated, but instead had the same colour as her ears and tail, while having a beautiful glossy shine.

As the last bits of her body rematerialized, she took in a sharp breath, before looking around. When she noticed where she was, she let out a sigh of relief. Before Max could say anything, Savia quickly checked over her body. As she turned and saw her tail flowing behind her, she hesitantly reached up to her head. When her hands made contact with her furry ears, tears started to drop out of her eyes. Realizing that she would need a moment, Max just let her be as she cried tears of joy, a massive smile covering her face.

After about ten minutes of being happy and crying, Savia finally composed herself, wiping the tears from her face. The odd one still fell, but it was not as much as the waterworks she had just finished with. Turning towards Max's crystal, she went into a dogeza. "I thank Master for his generosity in saving me. How can this Savia be of use?"

Max was taken aback, as he had yet to say anything. First, she knew that he was her master. Second, she actually bowed to his body. And third, she seemed to act as everyone had during the S&M play everyone had done back on earth. It was not out of a desire for pleasure though. No, Max could tell that she meant this honestly, and saw him as her master. Probably had to do with her profession literally being slave. Deciding now was the time to talk, he activated telepathy, 'I appreciate your thanks, but how do you know I am your master?' And with that, he just spent twice the mana he regenerated while she was lost in joy.

Not rising from her position, she answered, "Because I am aware that I have been bound to a dungeon core. And the name of my previous master no longer appears on my status. It has been replaced by what I presume to be your name. Status share."

Name

Savia

Race

Wolf-kin

Strength

12

Health

72

Dexterity

12

Health/min

1.2

Endurance

12

Mana

80

Intelligence

8

Mana/min

0.8

Wisdom

8

Level

1

Charisma

18

Experience

0

Luck

2

Profession

Slave (Max)

Sure enough, down on her profession, it marked her as his slave. Did ownership become his once she died while bound to him? Figuring that wonder could wait, he deciding now was a good time to press for information. Gently, he asked, 'Feel free to sit. So, what happened to you before you became bound to me? And can you change your profession away from slave?' That brought his total mana down to three. Thankfully, he had asked for some details which could take a while to explain, hopefully.

Sitting up in a more comfortable position, Savia started with the last thing he asked. "Oh no, slaves cannot change their profession themselves, for if they did, they would no longer be enslaved. It is up to their master to change their profession, and that would free them. As for how I ended up that way, I was a slave owned by the count who rules over this area. My whole family has been for as long as we can remember. I started off as a maid-in-training, but that all went to the wayside once I hit sixteen. At that point, I had caught the counts eye, and he would have me service him at night. At first, it was nice, easy, even gentle. But as the years went by, he escalated it more and more, becoming meaner and rougher with each passing week. After two years, I ended up in the state that you found me in, worn out and broken. I had no more use in the bedroom, so I was discarded. Now, here I am."

Max was silent for a few minutes, aghast at not what she said, but how she said it. There was not a shred of hatred, of anger. As if that was the way the world worked, she had accepted that it had happened to her that way. While she sat there, Max worked through everything in his head. She was eighteen right now, which was the age of adulthood back home, but here it was more likely fifteen. Some point in the last two years she probably had her tail and ears chopped off, which probably reminded her of her mother. From the sound of it, she did not want or even think about revenge. As for her slave status, he could remove it, but would she want that? After all, she would still be bound to him. 'Do you wish to be freed?'

Savia went wide-eyed for a second, before returning to the same face she had before. "I am bound to you, forever and always. If you believe that I can be of more use to you with a different profession, then that is what I wish to be." This caused Max to think. What would be the most useful to him? Trying out a command, he got lucky on the first try and found a list of potential professions that she was eligible for. Systematically he worked his way down the list. He did not feel threatened by anything, so any fighting classes were out. He did not have anything to peddle, so that also removed the merchant classes. As he went down the list, he suddenly saw one that he felt he could work with. Using the last of his available mana, he asked her one final question. 'How do you feel about sleeping with people for money?'

18