-Start and Death
6.5k 20 130
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Prologue

In the peaceful town of the forest, a treehouse stood. Lying across the vast trees, hung in the tallest one.

The sunshine penetrates through the leaves of the gigantic trees; the villagers woke up, bringing forth another day.

The smell of the morning breeze, the sounds of birds chirping.

A town built in the big trees, which is my town.

But, let’s explain how all this happened.

----

I was a guy, someone that everyone liked.  I was a high school student, a normal one.

I look normal, my grades are normal.

Personality wise, I’m a supportive person, that’s why everyone likes me. Even if it’s a delinquent or a top scholar, I treat everyone as equal. No fights, just peace.

Even if a fight happens outside, I’ll be there to stop it.

If there are any quarrels happening, I’ll be there to soothe them.

I’m loved, even if I’m normal. At least I’ll be remembered by these people.

If only that was the case.

I, Riel, died.

I was betrayed by my expectations.

I was trapped, left by myself, and stranded.

The pity and care I gave were not returned to me. The hopefulness and smiles I yearned for, they never existed.

The world is lies, that is the truth I never understood.

A wandering soul, full of contempt, anxiety, and disgrace.

Me, who was killed by my “Friends”,

On their faces, a smile can be seen. The regret of making a crime is not seen, the scorn in their life is me.

Me, who took care of them, using countless hours of my time.

But, at least, they are happy, happy with their life.

The feeling of the struggle is no more.

The trust I put in them, never to be felt.

Me, whom they loved, finally died.

----

But death never came.

I can move my hand and the feeling of pain is gone. Did I die? Well, it seems impossible for the current technology to recover me.

I tried and opened my eyes.

A colorless world, well I wouldn’t exactly say colorless but a white world. Stretched far before my eyes. Is this a ceiling? Am I facing upwards or backward?

I can move my body perfectly fine though.

I moved my body up; well I thought it was up. I can’t differentiate which is up or down because I don’t make any shadows. As if light covers me on all sides.

My body which was stabbed, burnt, ripped, and was nearly unrecognizable, was healed.

I looked inside, there are no scars left. I was sure that part of my left arm was scraped up by something and was left rotting until I died.

How did this heal? As if God made a miracle.

Is this heaven? Which came up in my mind?

“Your pretty calm boy”

?

A voice was heard, I don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy. It’s mixed, is your voice synthetic? 

“Then here, is my voice ok?”

The voice was once heard again, now it’s a female voice. But I can’t seem to find you,

I looked around the white world.

There are no other metaphors to explain, I can only describe this voice as God.

“You’re correct, I am a god”

“Is that so?”

“But also wrong in some ways, I am a god but also not a god.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’m the god of another world.”

“Another world? “

“As you can see, you died. The disparities between your friends lead you to your fall. Which is they killed you out of irritation”

“Well it’s alright if they are happy”

“Hm, hm, I like you, personality boy”

“So what are you going to do me? Am I going to heaven or hell?”

“Wha, stop! Don’t think of other things. “

“Then what do you want with me, God”

“I found you, your soul, you, I want you to come into my world and live another life there”

“!?”

“Oh, so you’re surprised now”

“I didn’t think I would get another chance”

“Well, neither do other souls like yours. You are special; you bear the qualities to exceed my expectations. “

“Is that so?”

“Then as a gift, I hereby by the name of Lunaria, grant you privileges.”

“God’s name is Lunaria?”

“Oh yes, well I’m not remembered by humans down there but I exist one way or another by other beings.”

“Then I shall worship you goddess Lunaria”

“Oh stop that, it’s been long since I was called that way. Well let’s explain, as I just said, I gave you privileges and status.”

“For what?”

“To use the system however you want,”

“System?”

“The world you are going to, my world is named Orialis. A world with swords and magic, unlike your world which doesn’t house the ability to have magic”

“Magic!”

“Yes, if you want, you can use the system and let it assist you”

“I can’t say anything…”

“Well, of course, magic is a child’s romance so it’s only natural right?”

“I’m not a child”

“Well technically you’re not yet an adult”

“That isn’t very convincing of you Mrs. Lunaria to say that”

“I like talking to you, well best regards”

“Then, what should I do? Like a mission or something?”

“Um, nothing”

“Eh?”

“Yes, nothing, well in one word if have to say. ‘Enjoy’ that’s all”

“Is that so?”

“Well, here’s the catch. To remove suspicion I’m reincarnating you as a baby”

“Eh? Don’t I have just be transported or something, my body is normal”

“Eh? No, that body, it’s your spirit. Just like I said, you are ‘dead’ the meaning of containers doesn’t apply to you now who are dead”

“Then… yes, I have no choice then. Thank you Goddess Lunaria”

“Hehe, unfortunately, you cannot yet walk or talk because you will become a baby “

“Is that so? “

“Well, reincarnating you to a rich household is troublesome. Rewriting history and the concept of time is troublesome, so I’m reincarnating you, as my race”

“? But how is that possible? Goddess Lunaria is a god”

“Yes, yes, I took an interest in you. And other than that, you will have immortality and huge amounts of magic to boot”

“But...”

“Well, that’s enough. I packed an extra surprise for you, I hope you enjoy it.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well that’s enough; you can always talk to me again if come to a church or if a sacrificial food is done during the full moon”

“Yes”

“Ok, that’s enough. Bye, -“

With goddess Lunaria’s signal, my body begins to glow and cracks, disintegrating me.

“Wait I forgot to mention something, naming is done during baptizing in the church. And I get to name you, so I will start and pick a cute suitable name for you”

“Cute-?”

“Oh never mind”

With that, my body which was halfway disintegrated fully decayed.

My thoughts became cloudy and my mind felt like it’s splitting. The pain is unbearable for me, so I let go of my consciousness with the drowsy feeling.

-----

The feeling of warmth is felt, the soft feeling surrounds me.

I feel secure, I know that I became a baby again, but the ‘extra’ sensation feels weird. 

But, I feel weak and exhausted.

And soon I let go of my consciousness again.

……..

….

..

 

Hmm? Is it morning already? I can’t see anything though. I can hear something, but I can’t seem to understand what they are talking about.

Is that our language or this world’s language?

Then if so, I have to memorize and update my dictionary.

If you didn’t know, I can memorize things fast. If you give me a pamphlet or something, I’m confident that I can speak it from memory as if I’m reading it directly.

Well if that’s the case when I’m alive that is.

Never mind, Goddess Lunaria gave me a second life, so I can’t destroy her expectations of me.

The feeling of weight was gone, was I held up? But at the same time, I can feel the cradle (tentative) though.

What’s this? My ‘Other’ feeling was also held up.

I’m being carried, aren’t I?

I’m covered by a soft blanket; my ‘other’ feeling was also covered in a blanket.

“A@@*kO⨺⨺”

I heard someone; the voice is high, like a girl’s voice.

Is this my mother? Then another was also heard.

A voice of a child, then is this my sister?

My sister (tentative) pokes my cheeks, and my ‘other’ cheeks too.

I can’t seem to understand what my body structure is.

Am I some kind of Snake? If so then that would be horrible.

My tummy made a cute noise, and I do feel hungry.

The sensation of something soft moving in my face was felt, the same was also felt with my ‘other’ feeling.

My mouth was pried open and something entered my mouth.

A sweet juice spreads in my mouth, the same with my ‘other’ feeling.

Are my senses doubled?

But that can’t be the case; it feels like I’m split.

I feel something on my feet, baby feet to be precise. I can feel those feet, I moved my feet and I felt something was also moving in my ‘other’ feeling.

I can’t describe anything else but I’m tired goodnight.

…….

..

.

  A week since birth.

If my calculations are correct, I have been in this world for one week. Having no sight is also the worst.

This time I found something; it seems that the system is real.

I can activate it, but I don’t have any way to access it yet. I just have the pathway or let’s say the connection.

All I can do is the normal privileges used by normal people.

The appraisal and status. How did I know that? During my time when I’m awake, I seem to have tampered with something while talking to myself.

I said the word status and my status came out.

Name: N/A

Gender: F

Race: Human [Hidden: Celes]

Level: 1

Hp: 15/15

Mp: 20/20

Skills: Status viewing, Memorization Lv. 5, Calculations Lv. 2

Titles: Reincarnated, Blessing of the moon goddess, Split body master

 

Name: N/A

Gender: F

Race: Human [Hidden: Celes]

Level: 1

Hp: 15/15

Mp: 20/20

Skills: Status viewing, Memorization Lv. 5, Calculations Lv. 2

Titles: Reincarnated, Blessing of the moon goddess, Split body master

 

 

You are not mistaken, two status were revealed.   And due to my research which I undoubtedly did not do, I concluded.

I have two bodies, and I that I can control both my ‘bodies’ without any hardships at all.

It’s like counting odd numbers on your toes while counting even numbers on your fingers.

It feels weird, having two bodies at one time. It’s like having four limbs. Moving the other arm, I also move my arm.

If I move both my arms, my other body also moves both arms.

So I was carried again by my mother.

 

At first, I didn’t believe it, but it turned out that it's true over time. Even though it’s been a week.

And that, I’m female.

Hey, I’m a guy. The shock of losing my buddy is more shocking than dying.

If I guess right, this is the surprise the goddess prepared right? I respect you, but why! My comrade in arms is gone.

Being with you for 18 years, I give you a funeral.

And my life continued like this. When can I use magic? I don’t know, maybe I’ll acquire something.

---

2 weeks since birth.

I recovered from the truth of learning that I became a girl.

After agonizing about the usage of magic, it seems that I unlocked the 1st stage of the privilege.

Since when? I don’t know. Maybe goddess Lunaria lifted some parts of the privileges.

And with that, I can tamper with my skills. Not entirely though, just that I can see the requirements to acquire the skills that are.

Then so, let’s not waste time and do it.

But, what can a 2-week old infant do!? I can’t even do anything other than eating and sleeping.

But now that I mentioned it, what do I eat? If I think more about it, the worst it is. So it’s better not to mention it again. I’ll lose my appetite you know

Well since I’ve got nothing to do, there is one though. It was mentioned in the manual.

Where did I get it from? After getting the 1st stage, it seems that a transparent whiteboard will show up in your vision.

For me though, perhaps in my mind.

After accessing the manual, sets of codes where seen, of course, it’s in my mind.

Code for search, a code for help, etc.

The code is accessed with the system. It comes with the easy to read the manual that the goddess gave me so it’s easy to do it now.

How can I read? It’s written in my common langue so it’s understandable enough.

Reading the manual, I’ve found something. I can increase my magic capacity during childhood, and it will greatly increase if done in infancy.

There is no time to waste!

First, as stated in the manual, feel the magical power in your body. Well for me I have two bodies though, which should I focus on? I don’t know

Never mind, it’s stated as a liquid going through your veins. If so let’s imagine it as blood, starting from my heart to my feet, I try to feel it.

 

A new series that was purposely made on April 20, 2020.

What a blunder, I have hidden this novel for so long. The writing is not based on my other works, so that’s a good thing.

The mc does not speak so often because he had become a baby again. So it was mostly about self-talking.

[Re-Edited on June 7, 2020. ]

Thanks to: Vongark

Please read with 80% view.

 

130