-Chapter: 15 Vivi dragged us off to buy food
2.3k 18 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter: 15

Having reached our destination at the entrance of NEir, the sight of the city astonished us. The flourishing city isn’t just to be mentioned by words only, the pure vastness and size of the city differ from the previous cities KrisTina once visited.

 The Golems and other inorganic beings roam freely with the human populace as if they were a part of the residents, as they were living freely, devoid of human worries. They coexist in various shapes and sizes, from small ones to large ones, flying and land dwelling, and others are shaped to look like animals. There were even ones shaped like horses and they were currently pulling carriages with ease.

Of course, we also waited and lined up with the people entering the city until it was our turn. Above all that, while we were waiting in line for our turn we encountered people who had different features from plain humans, for example, the lady who approached and examined us as we entered the gate had what seemed to be long elf-like ears.

Well, the lady is most likely an elf so I don’t bother asking, her ears can be identified as a sign in the first place.

Both Vivi and Albert were shy so I was the only one handling the required procedures with the gate guards. The guards were surprised that I (Kris/Tina) looked the same as my other Body; well, that is because we are twins after all haha…ha...

Never mind. We did a polite bow and introduced ourselves; they let us inside in no time. First, we asked one of the guards at the gates where the Academy was at and then they kindly pointed and told us the directions of the academy. After that, they also recommended a good inn with cheap prices that served delicious food.

We walked around aimlessly and did some small sight-seeing in some of the popular places here that big sister Apple and her friends mentioned. There was something that they mentioned about a fountain, so we asked the inhabitant here where to find the fountain thing that Big sister Apple was talking about.

We then followed the directions the Residents told us and we reached the destination earlier than expected. Well, we were disappointed with what we saw when we arrived at the aforementioned fountain. A big reservoir of water and a mechanism to shoot the water out is in the middle of it, it spews out fountains of water every time it spins counter-clockwise to its base part which was going in in the opposite direction.

A piece of art, it was amazingly superb, and Mesmerizing is what they thought. At first we thought it was some common and simple fountain that you could easily see in the city nearest to our village. However, if you were to compare this one and the one from our place, the one in front of us would be an architectural piece of art.

It was as tall as a three story house and the base was the same as the spinning counterpart of the nozzle. The nozzle was made out of some material that withstands high amounts of pressure, while not being a burden to its insanely thin structure. The shape of the pieces that were rotating is what you would call a spiral-like shape.

Not that I have a relatively small vocabulary in this area, But I can’t just describe it simply with words. Either way, this place seems like the center of this district.

It was overflowing with people and the smell of cooked delicious food lingers around them as if it was near them. They looked for the source but it was nowhere to be found near them, but instead, the place where it came from was full of customers lined up. It was very lively.

Well, I don’t know which way we came from or where did we come into, but all we knew was that there was much more to explore. This city is incredibly large so to speak, even if we tried and finished exploring this all in one day, I don’t know if we would have any time to spare for the registration this afternoon, so we left it as it is.

So before we continue towards the academy, each one of us had a thing or two in mind before we go to register at the academy. Since I’m the same person, this only counts having 3 things in mind, I guess.

“I want to eat something, I’m hungry”

Said by Vivi while her stomach is making cute noises and pouting her mouth with a teary eye. She does a stomach rub and cutely points somewhere that sold food while her stomach aches. The place where she pointed was the source of the aroma we first noticed since we watched and saw the fountain spits water out.

“I’ll go wherever Tina goes to” ( ͡• ͜ʖ ͡• )*this wasn’t expected*

Albert then looked at Tina with a relaxed and prideful expression. Well since I kind of know where this is going, we made a wry expression with both my faces and Albert does a disappointed face.

“I want to go to the Library and read some books about magic “

To be honest, this was also one of my goals from the start. This city, NEir, is a place flourishing with magic experts and knowledge about magic. I want to learn the truth of the magic, the depths of my magic, and a way to utilize the abyssal information, that I can’t comprehend no matter what I do with my current skills. 

Taking their request into account, I don’t have any choice but to use Tina and go with Vivi in her food hunt, while I, Kris, will instead go alone in the library and research all by myself.

It is still around in the morning and the sun isn’t that high yet so we parted ways shortly after in the intersection which the direction of the academy is at.

 

After I parted with Kris, I follow Vivi with Albert in tow. Vivi then quickly found a stall where they sell barbecue boar meat and buys them; she also bought a portion for me and Albert and ate it as it is.

“Mmm! This is good! Try this too Tina!”

Vivi then grabbed the portion that was meant for Tina originally, that was still in the bag and slammed it into the Tina's mouth. Seeing this, Albert began withdrawing slowly as to avoid Vivi noticing him while she was distracted feeding Tina. But after that, Vivi then grabs the second portion and slams it directly at the face of Albert.

Vivi seems happy seeing that both were eating the food that Vivi happily bought for them.

The crisp layer of meat and the tender mouthwatering juice came out once Tina chewed, and the feeling was, of course delightful. She chomped once more and the more as she ate, the more flavorful taste rushed out of each bite along with the juice of the meat, allowing her to swallow it easily. The rich flavor dissolved inside of Tina’s mouth as it melted on her tongue.

Tina moaned as if it was the best thing she would ever it, it was just simply unbelievable. Her shoulders dropped as she stared at the meat skewer in her hand, the eyes of a hunter spotting their prey. Tina quickly ordered seconds and ate one on the spot, as if it was like nothing. Repeatedly bitting meat off the skewer and eating it, she quickly finished the whole skewer. The flavorful and rich taste once again spread in her mouth as the meat melted as she chewed, simply put, it was delicious..

Kris’s body shook as her stomach grumbled as if it was angry, which resounded in the quiet library, but fortunately for her, no one was there except her.

Moving on. Albert was satisfied with what he ate, and as for Vivi, she was just buying her 3rd barbecue. Soon after Vivi stopped and dragged the two again, as they hunt for food from the nearby stalls that were selling some..

It was an exhausting a day for the two, but seeing Vivi’s Expression as if she was fulfilled of her actions. The two forgave her as she drags the two downtown until it was almost the scheduled time.

“Hey Tina, thanks for coming along with me. I Appreciate it, and you too Albert!”

“It’s nothing, and since I’ve got nothing to do since Tina is the one who tagged along with you and I just followed, so I’m fine “

“Eh is that so? Mmm… Hey Tina”

“Yes?” 

“Is it fine to leave Kris alone? “

“It’s fine, we’re sisters after all so I know how strong Kris can protect herself! “

“That’s good to hear! Come! Let’s find something good to eat and gift it to Kris”

“That’s a good Idea”

After all, my other body is hungry. It’s not like whenever I eat with the other, the other also recovers her hunger instantly. Well no, it does not work like that; I will still feel hunger with the other if I fill my stomach with this body. 

Well, since we have never eaten anything decent and new, aside from the boar broth that Vivi always made after all until this morning. And As I looked around, Albert does seem kind of fidgety since all of the time when we were eating, but I don’t need to mind him too much since he is still growing.

We walked and walked from stalls to stalls and bought many foods while eating to our fullest. Unlike Vivi who isn’t still yet satisfied with the amount she has eaten, we are already full to the brim and can hardly move at all.

 

[Kris PoV before separation]

After Kris separated with her other body, she proceeded towards the library. Well, first she asked some residents for directions and walked straight there. After confirming the directions that the residents had told her, she walked up to the building.

The building was made out of white limestone and it was like it was carved directly on the spot without the need to bring in materials. The details of each pillar each exceeded any one of the pillars of the cathedral she had previously seen. The library's shape was something like what you would see in ancient Rome. The Ceiling was incredibly high, and the area of the entrance was enormous along with the already existing big wooden door at the front.

The size of the door is as big as the one from the fountain, the light reflects from the smooth stone as if it was glittering. Light of different colors shines like bubbles, the design was mediocre, but still, the glamorous sight unfolded at the front of Kris.

She entered the building with the gap already accessible at the slightly open door. The door was filled with extravagant motifs, as it was depicting something. Kris entered the small gap in the two doors and then proceeded inside.

“May ask your purpose you miss?”

“Umu... I was asking. Was this the library? “

“Yes”

A man at his 40 appeared and asked Kris. He wore a Dark blue robe filled with golden motifs, he had a beard that he was holding and he also has a monocle attached at his left eye with a string directly connected at his robe. He was holding a Book filled with scriptures of unknown language and a wooden stick to support his aging back.

“I thought that maybe I could learn magic in the books here, is that correct? “

“I see. Young miss, may I ask. Why is it that you want to learn magic from this measly Library? “

“I want to see my possibilities and I want to learn the truth of magic as well “

“Very passionate. I admire children like you who like to aspire. Very well, follow me and I’ll teach you “

“Really! Thanks, um…? “

“Mine name is, Fredrick. And may I ask what is yours? Little lady? “

“Kris. “

The man in front of her introduced himself as Fredrick, and without little hesitation, she followed the man as he guided Kris into the depths of the shelves full of books. Fredrick recommended books about basic magic and the theories about magic as such, Fredrick also asked Kris what is she doing here in the first place and answered.

“I was with my friends and we each have things to do, we then separated in the intersection leading into the academy”

Fredrick murmured, “I see” but was inaudible from Kris who was immersed from the book she is reading. The time passed as the man accompanied Kris, Fredrick taught Kris about spells, Arias, and the basics of Talismans. Hearing this, Kris got overjoyed and asked more of Fredrick. Seeing this, Fredrick answers joyfully to the questions which Kris asked.

He also made a simple question and answer while he teaches Kris. He asked, “What is the formula for fire? “And Kris answered, “Thine fire, Burst upon thy hands and Ignite from thou”. A simple fire ignited from the palm of Kris without fail.

The magic Kris used was called an Aria magic. Instead of Using a Wand then form Formulas from there, Words are being used as the ignition. With this even without using a wand, you can exercise magic without the need to carry wands.

Seeing this, Fredrick was astonished. He just told Kris the formula to use and asked if she could by any chance cast it. Not to his expectations, she did so and performed it perfectly without any slight wrongs as if she was used to it. Fredrick thought that if this girl could cast magic at this kind of age, he could probably teach her his skills.

In so, without a second thought. Fredrick asked Kris while she was still hooked at the magic books she was holding.

“I have a proposal, do you want to become my Pupil? “

“Is that okay?! Sir Fredrick knows a lot about magic and I really want to learn more about it!“

“I see, I see. Yes, since I’m a teacher at the academy I can register you now. “

Said by Fredrick. Kris opened her eyes wide and stared at him, frozen in place. Fredrick laughed at Kris’s expression and telling her that, he has seen so many who were like that at the moment they have learned of Fredrick’s Origins.

In so, she pleaded Fredrick to teach her. He then asked more of Kris and her story. Kris said that she first learned how to use a wand that was taught to her, and only learned wand-style magic casting since then. It was when she was still around the age of 7. Fredrick pondered,

‘If this girl can already use intermediate class magic casting at that age then… this will be interesting’

As his face turned into a smug one, he patted the head of Kris who was reading. Soon after, Kris’s stomach grumbled and her mouth was watering. Fredrick thought that Kris was reading a book about food, as they were currently strolling around the food and cooking related shelves, but no. It was still the same magic book she was reading from a while ago.

Fredrick sighed and Kris blushed as her cheeks reddened due to embarrassment. Fredrick rose and asked if Kris would like to eat something, she nodded as she closed the book she was holding then placed the book back to its shelf.

They left the library which was still glimmering. They under the crimson skies, the breeze brought by the winds were pleasant like a mother’s touch. It wasn’t too cold or too hot, instead it was just at the perfect temperature. Kris’s Silver hair fluttered in the air as she moves, and only at this time, Fredrick noticed.

‘I didn’t notice at all! This girl’s hair is Silver… she may be an aristocrat due to her silver hair ‘

Well, Fredrick was wrong. Kris and her other body were born as a peasant at a village far from the nearest city. But still, so, Fredrick was overjoyed at the child.

“You said you have friends right? Are your bodyguards alright? “

Kris tilted her head. Understanding the words Fredrick said, she denied that and said that they don’t have anybody guards. Hearing this, Fredrick asked another question.

“I see, then are you and your friends trying to run away? “

“No, we just arrived here and we were planning to register at the academy this afternoon… “

“Its past afternoon miss “

“This is bad; if we don’t register then I’ll be unable to enter the academy... “

“That is fine, I have covered all expenses of your stay. “

“Eh? “

“As I said, I’m a teacher at the academy, did you not hear that little miss? “

Kris was frozen in place once more.

“But what about my friends? “

“What do you mean friends? Are they not aristocrats? “

“Eh? “

“Judging by the little miss’s appearance, one could judge that you are off from a well-known aristocrat”

“But I was born at a village in the forest; I and my friends are normal people”

“What was that? “

Both of them were out of words and stared at each other, surprised. Fredrick sighed and asked the names of her friends in advance. Kris thought that he would punish and shout at her, but instead, out of pity, he asked where her friends were and followed.

There he saw a girl with the same hair color as Kris; it was Tina, who was sitting on the bench with the two others. He looked surprised seeing that there was someone who looked the girl he was just teaching a while ago at the library.

 

Kris acted,

“Hello, Tina how was your time? “

“Hmm... it was fun and delicious “

Fredrick listened and observed them.. Upon realizing so, it was true that they were peasants and was not either close to being an aristocrat whatsoever.

KrisTina’s act was perfect that you would guess that these two were two different persons. They acted perfectly and coordinated with each other’s conversation, but that was the flaw.

The two visited two different places but talked at each other as if they visited the same places. KrisTina didn’t notice the flaw of their speech and continued so.

Fredrick looked.

“Anyway, you’re late Kris”

“Ah sorry, I was hooked at books at the library”

“Ah, sorry. But may I ask who are you mister? “

“Mine name is, Fredrick. I work as a teacher at the academy”

“Eh! That’s good to hear. Can the teacher please register us? “

“… That’s ok; I can file a registration order”

“I see, thank you! “

Tina was happy and smiling, and so was Kris. The Vivi and Albert woke up, both of whom were sleeping, and asked who Fredrick was. Tina answered, rather than Kris, and spoke as if she already knew him.

 

“So Kris, this one will leave now. I have matters to do, don’t worry this one shall take matters of your registration. Don’t forget, tomorrow at 8:00 an examination will be held “

“Yes...”

Kris was flustered and is wondering what she would call Fredrick as. 

“You can call me as a teacher, “

“Yes, teacher! “

“Good, now this one shall his leave. Don’t wander off to much in the dark “

“Yes”

 

Fredrick left. Soon after, the light posts turned on. The light posts illuminated the already darkening place and gave light in the darkness. The four also left and looked for the inn that was recommended and asked for a two-night stay.

They requested 2 rooms, one for the girls and one for Albert. They slept soon after that without eating their dinner. Except for Kris, whose stomach was grumbling. Fortunately, Vivi bought a portion for Kris, and Tina gave that portion to Kris and ate. 

The two bodies slept again, in the moonlit night under the twinkling stars above them. The stars fluttered and lost radiance after the other, but soon each one regained it's light again after a short period of time.

 

Author – I will show you the power of food! Behold! Tina is eating a piece of meat!

Tina – Yum! Oh no… I was baited!
Kris – good job Tina, I wish I could’ve too 

author - posting will be uncertain, but the usual time limit will be around once a week. thank you for sticking with us. 

49