Chapter 15 – Graduation and Future Plan
3k 17 93
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gotham Private School is a prestigious school, positioned next to the Gotham Academy where Matthias has been boarding for four years. The place was very prestigious, offering facilities for the elites of the society. The academy was also where Bruce Wayne plans to board before he eventually chose to be expelled and went on a journey around the world.

But now, the youngest of the Waynes attended the school, and finally graduated.

Matthias is now currently attending his high school graduation, graduating with a magna cumme laude from Gotham Private School with the GPA of 3.84, and considering how high the curriculum of the school is, this is a commendable achievement to Matthias.

The celebration was grand; being a prestigious school, they didn't hold back in spending so much to celebrate this generation's graduates.

Photographers were swarming the school, and not a few private media organizations were looking for some new headlines and pictures.

“Just smile and wave, Matthias.”

“I might sooner break my jaw if this keeps going, brother.”

Matthias was being accompanied by his brother, Bruce Wayne. Since most if not all graduates are to bring families or guardians to the graduation, Matthias invited his brother, who is his only family member by blood.

Though, he also invited both Alfred and Dr. Leslie to accompany him, the two choose to stand behind in the parking lot to wait for them, especially considering how packed the school is currently.

“I feel like it’s been an hour since they started taking pictures, brother. Just get me outta here...” Matthias whispers to Bruce.

It has indeed been almost an hour since the media started requesting for on-site candid photo-shoot and Matthias just want to go home and celebrate by himself.

“Alright~ alright, I’ll try and help quicken the pace of all this. Just be patient for a bit, okay?”

*grumble* Aaaah... Fine. But I can’t do this for another thirty minutes. I’d sooner break my jaw if I keep smiling like this.”

“Hahaha,” Bruce laughed.

Just then, someone came from the audience seat carrying a small bouquet of flowers, and an even smaller box in his two hands.

"Harvey! You're here."

"Of course I'm here, your brother is my junior, it's a given I need to give something like a congratulatory gift." Harvey Dent said as he gave the box to Matthias.

Matthias took the box, "Thank you, Mr. Dent, but I thought that flower was also for me though."

"Hahaha, this ain't for you, Matthias, this is for my fiancee."

"You're engaged with Gilda? How did I not know that."

"That's because I'm keeping them secret, Bruce. She hated the attention. I guess that's a given for an artist like her."

"Oh yeah, she's freelancing as a sculptor, right?"

Bruce and Harvey were talking and Matthias only listened.

'Harvey Dent will have his face burnt with acid. But I don't think it will be anytime soon since Harvey has yet to put his name as a District Attorney candidate for Gotham.' Matthias thought inwardly.

Harvey Dent has expressed the desire to apply for a district attorney candidate, and had let Bruce knows.

Elected district attorneys serve four-year terms and are eligible for reelection. Last election for Gotham was two years ago, and this means the next election will be two years from now.

'I still have time, then...'

... After about an hour later, Harvey went away and the crown disperses. Matthias and Bruce went to their car; Alfred and Dr. Leslie was waiting.

"Congratulations Matthias!" Dr. Leslie shouted as she hugged Matthias.

"Congratulations, young Master." Alfred stood beside Dr. Leslie, smiling.

"Ouch, don't hug me too hard, Miss Leslie..." Matthias grunts as he let himself getting squished by Dr. Leslie.

"Perhaps this calls for a celebration. Alfred, let's pop the best we have at home." Bruce said as he smiled at the sight of Dr. Leslie squishing his brother.

Several minutes passed as Dr. Leslie and Alfred gave their flowers and gifts to Matthias, and then they went to the Wayne Manor by car.

...

The Wayne family is celebrating in the Manor. Steaks, ribs, cakes, bottles of wines, everything were taken out to celebrate Matthias' graduation.

Laughter echoing every several minutes. Smiles plastered on everyone's face. Dr. Leslie offering to feed Matthias as Matthias tried to refuse but still failing, followed by Alfred preparing a certain bottle of wine and pouring one glass after another, and Bruce just laughing in the background.
The atmosphere around the Manor was warm.
It was a very happy moment for the family.

After awhile, Dr. Leslie asks Matthias, "So, Matthias, have you chosen where do you want to continue your study? Maybe Harvard is a good target."

Alfred followed up, "I think the The Gotham State University is a good place. Not too far from the Manor, too."

Bruce continued, "I was thinking of the State University too, Alfred."

Both Bruce and Alfred's recommendation for the state university was to make sure Matthias did not study far away from them, while Dr. Leslie's recommendation was because she was an alumna in Harvard.

Dr. Leslie then fixed her answer, "Oh yeah, Gotham State University is a good place too. You don't need to go far away to continue your study."

Matthias did not quickly answer. He put his hand under his chin, looking like he was thinking, but he actually have already made his mind...

"Guys, I want to go to the Metropolis University."

Bruce, Alfred, and Dr. Leslie froze for half a second. It was unexpected for Matthias to chose Metropolis University, and so Bruce asked his little brother.

"Matthias, why do you want to go to the Metropolis University?"

"Brother, I'm thinking of majoring science, and Metropolis University is renowned for their Physics majors. I feel like I can learn more if I were to study there."

The trio; Bruce, Alfred, and Dr. Leslie were astounded. Matthias is considered to be a very intelligent young boy, but they did not expect that Matthias would choose science as his major.

The trio were silent, considering what to say next, when Matthias finally break the silence, "Brother, I will not go there if you don't want me to, I'm just saying that if I were given an option, then I would continue there. Metropolis seems like a good place, and it's just across the bridge."

Keep in mind that Gotham and Metropolis are twin cities in this universe, divided only by the sea, connected via two bridges.

Bruce was still silent, but Dr. Leslie approached Matthias, "I'm fine if you go there, Matthias. It's a lot closer than Harvard anyway.", Dr. Leslie said with a smile.

Alfred piled some empty plates, ... "Metropolis University is a good university. The young Master can learn much there."

Bruce had a slight frown on his face, but then his face lights up and he faced his brother, "Matthias, you can study there."

Matthias smiled at his brother's response. Matthias is allowed to go to Metropolis University to continue his study.

The celebration ends; Dr. Leslie went home after a hug for Matthias, Alfred offered to give her a ride which she accepted, and Bruce returned to his study saying that he has something to finish fast.

...

That same night, Bruce and Alfred were in the study

"You want to talk, Sir?"

"Yes, Alfred." Bruce closes the door and sat on a chair, followed by Alfred who sat on the opposite side

"So, what do you want to talk about, Master Bruce?"

"... Matthias... remember when he was acting as a vigilante five years ago?"

"I do, Sir."

"Well, I told him after finding out that he was this Vindicator, that I don't want him to continue that path again."

"You did scold him sir, and he did stop his action." Technically, Matthias did stop becoming the Vindicator, and the last act he did at the Ace Chemicals was not as the Vindicator, nor was it something anybody knows. But...

"Well, I was thinking if the reason he wanted to go to Metropolis was because of that."

"I'm afraid I can't follow, Sir. You thought that Master Matthias chose to study to Metropolis because you stopped him from becoming a vigilante?"

"Yeah, something like that, Alfred."

Bruce continued his explanation. It turns out, Bruce thought that Matthias' choice to go to Metropolis was because he was not allowed to become a vigilante, following after Bruce who became the Batman to protect Gotham from the darkness.
After all, Matthias knows of Bruce's nightly activity, and even offered to help covering Bruce from the Batcave.

"To be honest, I'm inclined to agree with Miss Leslie's idea of sending him to Harvard."

Bruce actually want to send Matthias somewhere far, away from Gotham. This was all to protect him from harm, at least, until Bruce is capable of making sure that the excess filth within Gotham are cleansed, and Gotham is secure from too many criminals roaming around.

Listening all these, Alfred asked his master.

"Master Bruce, does the young Master Matthias look weak to you?"

"... No, he's not weak. But I keep getting reminded when he was eight... He got hospitalized because I failed to protect him."

"Master Bruce, Master Matthias stopped becoming a vigilante for your sake, and after you took over, he began to make some differences in some other ways. He managed to help orphans of Gotham to have the chance to learn at school."

"... You're right Alfred, he's not weak. But I'm glad he will not be around Gotham during the operation."

"Are you talking about Operation: Arkham, Sir?"

Bruce did not answer, only merely nods. His thought is now currently filled with keeping Gotham clean and secure from its excess filth and roaming criminals.

Arkham island will have a grand opening...

Author here, chapters are coming out slow because of work.

Also, I wished to express my gratitude for my readers who helped giving me insight (the previous chapter, hehe).

More will surely come.

Enjoy.

93