Chapter 8
2.3k 6 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Viper-chan said that we had a big problem, I never thought that it's going to be this BIG!

Right now there is a dragon on the mine. Yes a fucking dragon. This really slipped my mind. I forgot that this world has monster. 

Viper what does this creature wants with us?

"I don't know. At first all of the drones proceed to mine the crystals as usual but suddenly they were attack by the creature. The cause of aggression is still unknown."

Hmmm... why did this dragon attacked us?

Did he by any chance capable of communication?

"Negative, we have attempted to establish a contact with it but it seems this creature is just like all other beasts."

Very well send in the battle drones to clear the threat.

"Yes, Papa."

***

We prepared about 500 drones to fought this dragon but this is no ordinary drones this are the Mk.II battle drones. They are created to have an appearance of a female human, why they looks like that? Well because I like it. They are also equipped with anti-gravity jetpacks and an experimental weapons known as Mana Rifle. The Mana Rifle is a weapons that shoots out high concentrated mana that can cut through titanium like butter.

You must say that this is quite overkill to use this on one dragon right? Well actually it's not. From the recording that we obtained from the destroyed drones we can see this single dragon can took down an army of Mk.I battle drones. They have use variety of weapons from small-calibre machine guns to barrages of guided missiles. At most it only scratch them a little. The dragom seems to have a very thick scales making it almost impenetrable. I really hope that we can get the scales sample from the dragon. Maybe with it I can make drones out of dragon's scales.

Is everything ready?

"Yes the Mk.II battle drones has been prepped and ready to launch." Ai-chan report.

Alright, send them off.

"Booster... ready... all systems green... launch in 5...4...3...2...1...0"

In a blink of an eyes the 500 Mk.II battle drones is already at the latitude of 5000 feets above the ground. It moves really fast, as fast as a jet fighter. They arrived at the mine under five seconds.

There I can see a dragon that is sitting at the mine doing nothing. But when it see an army of drones closing it's territory, it quickly retaliate with it's fire breath but the drones narrowly avoid it.

I then order to it to attack the dragon using the Mana Rifle. I can see the that it penetrates the effortlessly. The dragon then realised how dangerous the attack quickly retaliate.

It began to spread both of it's wings that as large as a football field and began to fly as high as he can go. The drones then quickly pursuit it as fast as they can. Even though the dragon is big, it's speed is illogically fast for that kind of body.

The drones continuously fired the Mana Rifle but the dragon nimbly avoided every single shots. Then the drones arrives at an ominous mountain range. It's located 200 kilometres northeast from the city.

Just like the mine the mountain range is also filles with dense mana causing this place filled with miasma. I then ordered the drones to continue to search for the dragon. As we continue to trudging through the mountains suddenly a I can hear a voice through the the drones.

"It is rare for humans to come to this mountain range."

The drones then looked up and see dragons. Lots and lots of dragons. And in the middle is a white majestic dragon. It appearance looks really intimidating and also wise.

"Hmm... or not. It looks like none of you are humans. But I must say you are quite an interesting creatures. What did you want from this old dragon?" The white dragon ask.

But before I can say anything the dragon that we chased suddenly said in angry voice.

"Your majesty, this lesser creatures has causing a mess in my territory."

"Is it true little one?"

"We don't know that place is own by him. We just want to mine the magic crystals, nothing more."

The white dragon then proceed to ask, "Then why did you attack this dragon then?"

"We just want to protect ourselves and the mines that's all."

The white dragon then thinking for quite some time, then he began to talk, "Then how about both of you deal this like a civilised people."

"I'm okay with it. Maybe we can make a few concession."

"NO!!! I DON'T AGREE!! IF HE WANT TO HAVE THAT AREA HE HAVE TO FIGHT ME!!!"

The white dragon then look at his noisy subordinate and sigh, "Very well if that is what you want. Do you want to fight him?"

"If possible I want to avoid meaningless fight but looks like I don't have a choice but to fight."

***

The dragons then bring me to someplace that looks like an arena.

"This is the Arena of Honour. It is a place where respected warriors fought to prove their valour. It also sometimes used as playground for the young one."

"Son I will fought here?'

"Yes and if you survive, you can keep the land for yourself." The white dragon said.

"You are quite different than I imagined earlier."

"What do you mean?" The white dragon ask.

"Well I thought that you are a violent and and obnoxious. But it turns out I'm wrong."

He then stared at me and laugh, "Hahaha... you really are interesting. Usually people will trembles when they see a dragon but you are different."

"Well maybe that is because that I am not like other people.", Yeah, I'm a machine intelligence as long as there is a computer I will not die.

I then head in to the arena and see a lot of dragons already gather outside to watch the fight. On the other side I can see the black dragon showing off his strength in front of the other dragons.

Looks like I don't have any other choices than fight.

Haahh... finally finish the latest chapter. Oh by the way did you guys have any idea for the black dragon name?

56