Chapter 21
1.4k 4 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Nanites!?"

"Yes darling. That black matter is in fact a large number of nanites."

"That is not a magic power at all?"

"Yes it seems like his body has been injected with a large quantities of nanites."

Nanites is a very small robots right? How in the hell can he get his hands on the nanites to began with?

Whatever right now the most important thing is to defeat Nox and put an end to this pointless war.

***

It's probably already more than an hour since we fought against Nox. The drones that numbers to more than a hundreds had been reduced to not more than fifty of them.

"Well this is more of a challenge than I thought it might be."

We tried every weapons in our disposal to defeat Nox but still cannot crack Nox's Nanites defences. We tried using our Mana-based weaponry but it seem like the nanites were created to negate any kind of magic attack. High calibre rifles and high explosive weaponry also useless because of the scales' toughness. Since nanites is basically tiny machines, I want to try to hack into their mainframes but Ai-chan said that we cannot establish any connection with it unless we the source of that nanites, the core where they were deploy basically, so that idea is rejected until we locate the source. Well there is one thing that I still didn't try.

"Ai-chan, we will distract Nox as long as we can and I want you to prepare the chlorine bombs."

"Yes darling!!"

Me, Viper-chan and the rest of the available drones takes our stances. Then we attack Nox at the same time. All of us attack any opening that he make to distract him long enough for Ai-chan.

"Ai-chan!!! Is it ready yet?"

"Almost... just a bit more..."

While I was distracted with Ai-chan, I was suddenly attacked by one of the nanites impaler. It pierced right through my abdomen. He then pulled me closed to his mouth. As he was about to eat me I can see something in his eyes. Tears. I can see Nox began to cry. 

Wait, why did he cried as he about to win? He then realised that our eyes met and he tries his best to point me at something using his eyes. As I looked at his direction I can see he tries to point me at the black iron orb behind him.

What is he trying to do? Does he to distract me while... Wait Niveus said that he became like this after he picked up the Evil God's Orb. Does that means...

As he about to eat me I then quickly grab something in my small bag behind me. It's a flashbang. I then quickly pull the pin and throw it in front of his eyes. He quickly release me as the flashbang explode into a blinding ball of intense light.

"Darling cholrine bomb is ready!!!"

As Ai-chan prepares to throw the hellish suffocating gas to Nox's nose, I quickly stopped her.

"WAIT AI-CHAN!!!"

Ai-chan then hesitating either to follow my order or not. But before she can respond, I looked at the group of drones and began to give them an  order.

"Hey you I want you to go and take that metal ball behind him!"

One of the drones then quickly fly towards the metal ball but before the drones can even touch it a large number of nanites impaling drone from the back.

"I knew it."

"What is it, papa?"

"That iron orb behind him must be the Evil God's Orb. The nanites may also originated from there. Okay new plan, Ai-chan and Viper-chan I want both of you distract Nox as long as you can. I will go inside the core and shut the nanites down. Can you do it?"

"Yes darling/papa."

I began the plan by running straight to the orb. As Nox try to attack me, Ai-chan then throw what is left of our flashbang right in front of his eyes causing him incapacitated for a while.

During that time Viper-chan and some other drones began to attack Nox continuously, making the nanites try their best to protect it host. While their busy there I finally arrived at the orb. I quickly transferring myself into the orb. This is a risky bet but if we can end this war with less bloodshed, it is a risk that I willing to take. As I began the process my body then suddenly feel and intense pain as if I tried to flay myself alive. But I can't give up yet. I continue to push and push myself until the pain subsides.

"Damn, if I know it's going to feel that pain, I would definitely... whoa look at this place..."

Inside the orb I can see hundreds if not thousands of memories inside of it. It was really mesmerising and beautiful... wait I'm here to shut the nanites down, we can came back for this on another time.

I quickly searching the files and finally came upon the nanites files. I then quickly shut it down. After that I began to copy the files within the orb whem suddenly...

"Warning: unidentified users detected. Firewall had been breach.  Data reset, initiate."

Wait what!!!??

Oh shit I need to get the hell out of here and fast!!!

I quickly move out of the orbs with whatever data that I collected. Ah shit going through this invincible wall of pain. Almost... almost... ah shit I'm not gonna make it!!!"

"Darling/papa!!!"

Both Ai-chan and Viper-chan quickly pulled me out of that place at a very last minute.

"Hah... hah... hah... I thought that I'm gonna die."

Suddenly Viper-chan and Ai-chan hug me really tight.

"Papa/darling you safe. I thought that I will lose you."

I then returned their hug back. I then looked behind them. I can see Nox that are currently passed out I think. Looks like we won. Suddenly we were contact by Scythe-chan.

"Your Excellency we have defeated the main dragon army. We have finally won."

Hah~ finally I can take it easy from now on.

***

"Darling what are you doing? Do you don't want to join us celebrate?"

Ai-chan came in as I busy on doing something.

"Ah I will join after a few more minutes."

Right now it's already been three days since the battle with the dragons. It turns out Nox actually didn't want to get revenge on us. Yes, he did not like us taking his territory but he is a man of honour. He wants to honour his word after the fight when suddenly someone gave him the orb as a gift of condolences. Well he didn't know it was the Evil God's Orb at that time. When he realised it, it's already to late. The nanites already taken control of his body. So right now he really is thankful to us for saving him. 

He give our rights to rule the mine area and also tonnes of golds as his sorry but I just ask him to give whatever information that he have instead of golds. And he agreed to it.

Since all of this commotion is finally died down, I began to analyse all of the data that I managed to download from the orb.

"Is there any progress darling?"

"Well so far it still a whole bunch of gibberish... I just need a couple of minutes."

"Okay, did you by any chance need something?"

"Oh can you make some tea for me?"

Ai-chan them bend down and kiss me on the cheek.

"Well okay darling."

As Ai-chan exit the room. I then began to dazed for a bit. You know what it has been quite sometime since both me and Ai-chan have amy proper date... how about I brought her out for a date tomorrow?

As I planning on what to do tomorrow suddenly I heard the notification sound. Looks like the we finally fix the data.

"Hmmm... what is this... top secret files?"

I then began to open the file there is not much in there mostly are just military weapons project but then I saw one project name that really piqued my interest.

"Project Regenesis..."

38