Chapter 2 – I want to learn magic
5k 12 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Magic, that one thing that didn't exist on earth, and I just saw it with my own eyes. Back on earth I loved fantasy games and especially the most important element of them all, magic.

Now my question is how do I learn magic?

After escaping the adventurers, I laid down and looked at the sky, I didn't know what time it was because the sky was covered by fog. 'Where am I even?' I asked myself again as I looked at my status.

 

Name: None

Race: Spirit

Age: 0 Years old

Titles: None

Level: 16

Attributes:

  • Vitality: 20
  • Mana: 240
  • Strength: 18
  • Agility: 65
  • Endurance: 30
  • Intelligence: 120

Passive Skills:

  • Spirit Form: Level 3 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Pain Resistance: Level 3 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Light Attribute Resistance: Level 1 (NEW!)
  • Enhanced Agility: Level 1 (NEW!)

Active Skills:

  • None

 

My attribute values increased a little, I guess that's good. Okay wanna know what, I'm going to set up goals for myself

  1. Get out of the forest
  2. Get information about the world
  3. Learn magic.

"Alright let's get started." I shouted loudly before unfortunately losing consciousness.

 

 

 

After I woke up, I checked my wounds and realized that they had healed themselves. Then, I started wandering all over the forest for about one Week, but I didn't find out much, almost all of the spirits I found were evil spirits that tried to attack me, I fought back sometimes but some of them were too powerful for me to handle. And the good spirits didn't remember anything. I leveled up a bit now I'm level 79 and acquired a couple of skills somehow.

 

<< You have acquired the Skills 'Fast Healing' and 'Night Vision' >>

 

Apparently, depending on what type of spirit you fight you get certain skills. For example if you fight many monsters with 'Poison Breath' you might get it as well, however your race matters as well. Another example is that humans can't get such Skills as 'Fast Healing', because it would be unnatural for a human to accidently cut himself and then to heal it automatically.

I'm going to explain you my Skills. 'Fast healing' allows me to heal myself automatically without me needing to do anything.

'Night Vision' just as its name suggests it allows me to see in the dark as if it were as bright as day.

'Spirit Form' allows my body to have more details even though I can't see It completely myself. For example a normal spirit doesn't exactly have a shape but if they acquire this skill you can tell their facial expressions and everything.

'Pain Resistance' just as its name suggests it makes pain less painful.

'Light Attribute Resistance' allows me to resist against 'Light Attribute Magic' spells and or mana.

'Enhanced Agility' gives a boost to the growth of my agility.

That's all I found out in a week and that when a monster reaches level 100 they can evolve into an evolved version of its self, and that's what I'm trying to do as well. Of, course I won't go on a merciless killing for this reason, but if they attack, I'll fight back.

Right now, I was fighting against a ghost. It was my first encounter with one before I was only fighting weak spirits. The ghost I'm fighting is a human like ghost that could use magic.

"DIEEEEE" the ghost yelled while shooting fire balls at me.

'Hey, isn't this cheating don't you usually need to chant?' I thought while trying to dodge the fire balls.

After the barrage of nonstop shooting fire ball, it seemed that he had to cool down.

"Now's my chance!!!" I angrily shouted while charging at him. When I got near him he tried to run away, but I grabbed his arms and started to scratch him. It wasn't doing much damage but he seemed to look more transparent.

After one last scratch he disappeared and I got a lot of experience points.

 

<< You have reached level 100. >>

 

<< Your race has changed from 'Spirit' to 'Ghost' >>

 

<< You have acquired the skills 'Possession' and 'Enhanced Mana' >>

 

<< The levels of 'Spirit Form', 'Light Attribute Resistance', 'Pain Resistance', ‘Fast Healing’, ‘Night Vision’ and 'Enhanced Agility' have increased. >>

 

Name: None

Race: Ghost

Age: 0 Years old

Titles: None

Level: 0

Attributes:

  • Vitality: 100
  • Mana: 309
  • Strength: 31
  • Agility: 100
  • Endurance: 82
  • Intelligence: 200

Passive Skills:

  • Spirit Form: Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Pain Resistance: Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Light Attribute Resistance: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Enhanced Agility: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Night Vision: Level 2 (NEW!)
  • Fast Healing: Level 2 (NEW!)
  • Enhanced Mana: Level 1 (NEW!)

Active Skills:

  • Possession: Level 1 (NEW!)

 

 

 

Holy god!!! I'm a ghost now, can I do magic now?

I tried looking at myself, and I found out that claws have grown from my hands, and that my body is more visible than before.

Unfortunately I'm not a ghost that can manipulate magic yet. But this is amazing, my Vitality went to 100 really quick and my endurance increased quite a bit. Let's try using Possession.

I searched for a living being in the area, where I was at, and I found a goblin.

"Okay now, don't fail me." I said 

I tried to touch the goblin but nothing happened, but then I tried shouting the name of the skill. The goblin suddenly started writhing in pain, despite not having any visible wounds.

After a couple of seconds the goblin started spasming and some sort of white substance flowed down from its mouth and fell to the ground.

The moment that happened I felt my body getting incredibly hot and I leveled up. So this means that I can fight by using ‘Possession’ on my enemies. I have no idea what happened, nor would I really like to find out, I think…

After finally having found out a way to fight. I wandered through the forest while still not finding a way out.

 

 

 

I spent a whole month trying to find a way out of the forest, still not knowing where I am and where to go. I didn't find any adventurers ever since last time and I haven't been fighting as many spirits as before. And I leveled up much slower than before.

I searched and searched but I didn't find a way out. I was slowly thinking about giving up when I suddenly heard a voice. It was like a song of an angel in the distance. I tried following the source of the singing voice, as if searching for my only hope of finding a way out. That was when I found a garden.

The garden had color unlike the forest I've been walking through, it was full of life and majesty. There were green plants and flowers. It looked as if it were an altar.

In this scenery there was a girl with pointy ears. A being you would call an elf.

117