Chapter 10 – Wrath
3.2k 14 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<< The Levels of ‘No-Attribute Magic’, ‘Archery’ and ‘Swordsmanship’ have increased >>

 

 

“I think it’s time for me to head back”, I said with a small sigh.

I spent some time hunting I got a lot with me, to the point where I couldn’t properly walk any more. I asked the spirit whom I have brought with me.

The spirit showed me the way back, he was a small light flowing through the fog as I followed.

Ralph said that if something goes wrong, that we were ordered to send our spirits to any of the hunters nearby. There hasn’t been one ever since I came into this forest, so I guessed nothing went wrong.

‘I have a bad feeling’, This feeling was inside of me as I walked back home with the hunting rests with me. It was just a feeling, however I decided to deny it and continue walking the path.

I smelled something in the distance, it was a smell I haven’t sensed in a while, and the fog was getting darker as well. Was it already this late?

I continued walking the path and the scent got stronger, unfortunately by the time I realized what the scent was I was already too late.

“…Smoke”, I muttered.

I increased the speed of my pace, but because of the animals that I hunted, I was still at the same speed.

“I don’t need that many…”, I muttered as I left some of the loot behind. I continued following the spirit, the scent of smoke got bicker the closer I got to the village as well as the fog.

I decided leaving behind all of my hunting loot and run.

‘I’m having a really bad feeling about this.’, I thought again and again and again.

The path I was walking started looking burned, it had burned trees and black fog everywhere I looked. I was having a really bad feeling about this, the moment the whole forest went silent, not even the wind you could hear, I started having a bad feeling.

The black fog started clearing out in front of me, as I slowly entered the village.

“W-w-what…. Happened?”, I asked myself as despair started to fill my body.

The whole village was on fire, there wasn’t a single elf to be seen other then the pile of corpses in the middle of the village. The corpses were burned to the point of where you couldn’t even recognize them.

“W-where’s Iris, Leo, Ralph don’t tell me they… “, I started thinking about something horrible but took that thought away and started searching for them.

I went to the training grounds but there wasn’t a single soul there, not even a spirit. Somebody must have purified them. I continued my path through the blood covered floor I was walking on, every single step I took, my heart trembled.

I decided to go to the library, where Leo would normally be, but instead of finding him there I only found the rests of a battle. I ventured further into to the library to find his corpse. One of his eyes were missing and his arm was cut off, his robe was filled with blood all the way to the floor.

“Urg… blurghh!!!”, I vomited on the floor, I have no idea what I vomited I only know is that, I was feeling disgusted by the way Leo was.

 

<< You have acquired the Skill ‘Mental Corruption’ >>

 

‘How did this happen, when, how long was I gone?’, I asked myself. Could I have done something to prevent this? I didn’t have the answer but there was something that was telling me to go.

“Iris”, I muttered in a small voice, everything in my way was filled with blood and rests of a battle. I left the Library and went to Iris’s house.

The door was not there, it was destroyed and half open. I entered the house, my heart was trembling with every step as if I was thinking about the worst case scenario.

The living room was destroyed, the table was sliced in half. The kitchen was empty the knives were gone and everything.

I went upstairs, my room was fine as if it was of no importance to anybody, I continued walking through the hallway just to arrive at Iris’s room. I tried opening the door but the handle was broken. My heart was trembling more and more. The magic lamps were flickering.

I hesitated to knock down the door, but I did it anyway or else I wouldn’t be able to see whether or not she was alright. The next scene I was greeted with was horrifying, even movies would not be allowed to have such a scene.

Iris was laying down on the floor with torn clothes, you could even say half naked. Her arms have been twisted and there was saliva pouring down from her  mouth, her eyes looked like the ones of a dead fish. There was blood flowing from between her legs as well as another substance.

In the village there was not a single spirit around not even a soul to be seen, this place was devoid of life and left with the visage of a slaughter.

I put my hands to my mouth trying to keep the vomit from coming but the tears started flowing.

I reached out my hand to Iris, I slowly grabbed her by her head from the back and supported it up to my chest. She wasn’t breathing there was no pulse, nothing.

“I—Iris please… don’t tell me you’re…” I was crying my eyes out the tears didn’t stop, even snot started flowing down my nose.

‘How? When? Why? Who?’ I asked myself, but there was no answer.

 

<< The levels of ‘Mental Corruption’ have increased. >>

 

What could I have done? How long was I gone, did I let time fly by because of my carelessness or was it something else? Had I been here would’ve something changed?

I asked myself over and over, but there was never an answer. I couldn’t answer to myself, because I already knew the answer and I wanted to deny it.

Had I been here I would have been killed as well. There was nothing I could do, I could barely cast a ‘Mana Bullet’ without feeling losing eighty percent of my mana. Had I known how long I was gone and came back I would’ve been killed anyway because I’m weak.

I knew the answer, but I asked myself if there had been another way to have prevented this.

I looked at Iris, who was laying with her head on my chest. Her lifeless eyes made me realize something.

‘Who…?’, I thought. Who did this, and why?

I felt something flaring up deep inside me, an emotion I haven’t felt in a long, long time. I felt my body heating up, the emotion was rage.

 

<< The Levels of ‘Mental Corruption’ have increased >>

 

“WHO?!!! WHO DID THIS?! WAS IT SOMEBODY FROM OUTSIDE THE FOREST?!”, I shouted out of anger and wrath.

Iris, my friend who helped me, a stranger and invited me into her home and helped me. Her wish was to go outside the forest one day and explore the world outside.

Leo, my friend who helped me learn magic, somebody whom I would call my first best friend. He was in love with Iris and wanted to be with her one day.

All my friends dead. Their wishes, unheard by the gods. Now, I have nothing else. They took everything, whoever they are… They’ve have earned themselves a death wish!!!

My body got hotter and hotter the second went by, the mana vibrated together with my emotions and black flames started appearing all over me.

I held iris close to me and braced her with all my strength as the house went up in black flames.

‘I’LL KILL THEM ALL!!!!’

“——————“, There was a shout or rather said a scream, that could be heard all over the forest. To the point where it even reached the cities. The people who heard it got shaken by the rage of the shout.

 

<<The Levels of ‘Mental Corruption’, ‘Pain Resistance’, ’Light Attribute Resistance’, ‘Enhanced Mana’, ’Possession’ and ‘Mana Control’ have increased >>

<< The Levels of ‘Mental Corruption’ have reached maximum capacity. >>

<< You have acquired the Skills ‘Scream’, ‘Dark Aura’ and ‘Dark Attribute Magic’ >>

<< The Levels of ‘Scream’ have increased. >>

<< You have acquired the Unique Skill ‘Wrath’ >>

<< Due to the acquisition of the Skill ‘Dark Attribute Magic’ your race has changed from ‘Ghost’ to ‘Dark Ghost’ >>

<< Your Attribute Values have increased. >>

 

Name: Shiro

Race: Dark Ghost

Age: 0 Years old

Titles: None

Job History: None

Job: Ordinary Person

Job Level: 0

Level: 0

Attributes:

  • Vitality: 683
  • Mana: 1023
  • Strength: 324
  • Agility: 600
  • Endurance: 900
  • Intelligence: 747

Passive Skills:

  • Spirit Form: Level 6 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Pain Resistance: Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Light Attribute Resistance: Level 3 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Enhanced Agility: Level 2
  • Night Vision: Level 2
  • Fast Healing: Level 2
  • Enhanced Mana: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Materialization: Level 3 (LEVEL UP!)

Active Skills:

  • Possession: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
  • No-Attribute Magic: Level 4 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Mana Control: Level 5 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Surpass Limits: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Archery: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Swordsmanship: Level 2 (LEVEL UP!)
  • Mental Corruption: Level 10 (NEW!)
  • Dark Attribute Magic: Level 1 (NEW!)
  • Scream: Level 4 (NEW!)
  • Dark Aura: Level 1 (NEW!)

Unique Skills:

  • Wrath: Level 1 (NEW!)
74