Chapter 33 – The King
2k 11 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We made our way to the castle, passing by the piles of ash and weapons dropped on the floor. Every single mercenary was dead including the ones that were inside the houses in the area.

I wasn’t completely low on mana, I could at the very least use this spell one more time. The spell also depends on how big the field is and how many targets it must locate. If the area was too big, I would have to spend all of my mana to reach every corner.

We arrived in front of a huge door or rather gate like thing that leads to the castle where the king resides.

I opened the door with my bare hands and entered the castle, Athena told me that she was once here and knew the layout of the castle to some extent.

“Do you know where the king’s room is? Or the throne room?”, I knew some things about castles, and I was sure there would at the very least be a throne room.

Athena nodded. “Yes, I know where it is. It’s in the second floor of the castle.”, she said leading the way.

We went up a spiral staircase and found some knights on the hallway. Unlike the guards in the mansion, these ones were probably trained far better than them.

“Hey! You’re not supposed here!”, one of the knights spotted us. The two other knights looked back and picked up their weapons immediately.

I threw out sticky strings and trapped them like bugs caught in a spider web and continued following Athena. She turned left and found a big door leading to a room.

‘This guy sure does love big doors.’, I thought comically, I kicked down the door making a huge noise across the castle. And inside the room was nothing, the only thing in there was a huge expensive looking bed together with a huge wardrobe.

“He isn’t here?”, I asked Athena even though she looked as confused as I am. It was 3 o’clock in the morning, I assumed he would be asleep. But if he isn’t here… does that mean we’ve been found out? And by the way… where is the queen?

“You know, I haven’t heard about a queen in this kingdom?”, I asked Athena.

“The queen is in another country dealing with political matters for quite some time now, I heard.”, she told me. “In which country?”, I asked curiously. “Unfortunately, I do not know.”, she said apologetically.

“Alright, let’s go check the throne room.”, I suggested my idea and Athena agreed “Yes, lets go.”, she said nodding in agreement.

We left the kings room and decided to check the throne room, but suddenly Athena stopped in her tracks and stood still looking forward.

“What’s wrong?”, I asked Athena with my usual emotionless voice, I tried looking to where her gaze was facing and saw a person standing there behind a shadow.

“Athena… what are you doing here? I thought you were gone?”, the person walked out of the shadow and jumped towards Athena and hugged her in a tender embrace.

It was a girl, with golden hair that extended all the way to her waist and golden eyes that shimmered to the light of the night sky, unlike Athenas body hers was more developed. Especially her chest, it was perfect size, not too big nor too small!

“Uhm… Athena…. who’s she?”, I asked her interrupting the moment, the girl looked at me suspiciously. “Athena, who’s he?”, she asked the same question.

“Master, this is Alice Dawnwell, the princess of Dawnwell. Alice this is Shiro.”, Athena introduced us.

‘Just Shiro…’, I thought a little disappointed by how little she said about me. “My name is Shiro, nice to meet you I guess.”, I said introduced myself formerly.

“My pleasure, my name is Alice Dawnwell. I am the princess of Dawnwell and the heir to the throne.”, she introduced herself formerly as well.

Alice was wearing a pajama because she probably was woken up by the noise made upstairs. “More importantly, Athena I heard that your mansion was attacked and that you had died! What happened?”, Alice asked Athena concerned with her friend.

“I survived.”, Athena gave a short answer without much detail, and Alice understood her wishes. “I’m very sorry for what happened to your parents.”, Alice voices her condolences.

“Anyways, what are you doing here and at this time of the night?”, Alice asked. “That’s because I have a thing to deal with your father.”, I answered for Athena and walked forward to have a closer look on Alice.

“What do you mean?”, Alice asked for more details on what I meant. “You could say I have a bone to pick with him.”, I gave her another vague answer.

“I still don’t know what you mean.”, Alice asked still perplexed as to what I meant. ‘I’m sorry, I always wanted to say those sentences.’, I apologized to her in my mind.

“Cutting it short, I’m here for possibly his life.”, I told her an actual answer without hesitation. “Why?! He didn’t do anything wrong?!”, Alice sought for my answer and I responded.

“Your father sent mercenaries to eliminate the village I lived in, together with my friends and everyone else! And now I’m here to retrieve the favor!”, I responded in an ice cold piercing voice that didn’t even sound human.

Alice stepped back, she twitched a little in fear, but recomposed herself shortly. “N-n-no way, he would never do that, he’s not that type of person!”, Alice refused to believe my words.

I couldn’t blame her, a stranger appears out of nowhere and tells her something bad about her father that might have been a lie. “Alright, why don’t you just ask him yourself.”, I told her.

Alice squeezes her fists and said. “Fine! I’ll talk with my father to figure out the truth.”, Alice said with a dignified voice.

I nodded to her answer and Alice showed us the way to the throne room.

We went downstairs and arrived at the main hall, and opened a huge gate leading to another hallway. The only difference was that it was wider and bigger.

‘I’m having a really bad feeling about this, and the feeling is getting even worse!’, I thought as we soon arrived at another door but this one was made from steel and was artistically made.

‘THIS IS A BOSS ROOM!!!’, my instincts were screaming alert every single step we took. I remember every scenario for a boss battle, huge doors, open rooms and especially no enemies in the way!!!

I have no healing items and no buffs except for one to use, I never even used them before in games! I felt a huge pressure behind the huge door, however I moved and opened it without hesitation.

‘Even if I have a bad feeling about this, I still want to face him!’, I thought.

The door slowly opened revealing the throne room, complete silence was the only way to describe the feeling I was having. And in the middle of the room was a man, his presence was righteous and holy, but there was also something ominous about him.

The man in the room looked like he was in his forty’s, his once been blond hair was dark gray. He was wearing a white robe that covered his whole body from neck to toe.

“It seems you have finally arrived.”, the king said standing up from his throne. “Took you long enough, I thought the mercenaries had actually succeeded in defeating you.”, the king as if he had predicted it all spoke.

Before I could talk, Alice walked forward and said. “Father! Is it true that you sent mercenaries to eliminate an innocent village!?”, she went straight to the point.

Her father the king made a serious look. “It seems that you have found out, yes I did send some mercenaries to eliminate a village.”, he answered without any hesitation. “Why!?”, Alice questioned her father.

“It was for the Kingdom, and who would care for a measly village in the middle of a forest that just gets in the way? In the end it is just rubble that gets in the way.”, the king said with the same serious expression.

The kings original plan was to use the terrain where the forest was located for the kingdom to build new houses and facilities, however the elven village was in his way. He could’ve simply tried to make a deal with the village to share the lands, but instead of doing that he sent mercenaries to eliminate them.

“Even so, it’s no reason to just treat them like leftovers and kill them!”, Alice said frustrated by how calm her father was despite the words he just spoke. “I see. You won’t understand even if I told you.”, the king spoke.

I walked towards the king until we were three meters apart. “So, you’re one of the residents in that village… from what I can tell you’re not human are you?”, he spoke to me in a silent voice, so that only I could hear it.

“How did you know?”, I asked him. “The air around you is different than most people, so I just guessed.”, the king answered.

‘I can’t hold back any longer!’, my rage was shooting out of me like a torrent. ‘I don’t believe that was his reason for eliminate the village, even so his reply pissed me off!’. I was going to make him spell out his true reasons and make him suffer!

“You’re here to avenge them, aren’t you?”, the king said reading my intentions. I nodded to his question as an answer. “I was waiting for you anyway, I knew that my actions would have made this happen. Even after I have set up the mercenaries conveniently for you, you still want more. You really are greedy.”

“So, you knew that somebody was coming after the people you’ve contracted, and you set them up to die? Were you even planning on paying them all for their work?”, I asked him. My mind was going on a turmoil, I felt like everything was set up from the beginning.

“Do not get me wrong, I knew that there was a chance of somebody coming after me. I just prepared in case you came, but I would have paid them for their service.”, the king explained slowly standing up from his throne. “Now, I think it’s time to get started”

Under his robe he was wearing a golden armor that covered his whole body, it glowed like a golden dawn. And behind his back is a huge golden great sword.

“Shiro!”, Alice screamed, while Athena got into battle position. “What is it?”, I asked her still keeping my sight fixed towards the king.

“My father was an adventurer before he became king!”, Alice shouted. “And?”, I asked her confused. “He was once known as a SSS classed adventurer, ‘Golden Well’!”, Alice said.

“Huh?”, I said confused in a high-pitched voice that female for a second.

 

 

 

Name: Sieg Dawnwell

Race: Human

Age: 49 Years Old

Titles: ‘Golden Well’, ‘King of Dawnwell’

Job History: Swordsman, Fire Attribute Mage, Water Attribute Mage’, Genius Mage, Holy Swordsman, Holy Knight, Great Sword User,

Job: ‘Holy Great Sword User’

Job Level: 12

Passive Skills:

  • All Enhanced Attributes: Level 10
  • Status Effect Resistance: Level 6
  • Intuition: Level 7
  • Increased Attack Power: Great Sword: Level 6
  • Automatic Mana Recovery: Level 8
  • Increased Mana Control: All Attributes: Level 6
  • Increased Mana Recovery Rate: Level 6
  • Chant Revocation: Level 7
  • Mana Cost Reduction: Level 9
  • Mental Resistance: Level 10

Active Skills:

  • Great Sword God Technique: Level 8
  • Etiquette: Level 6
  • Precise Mana Control: Level 7
  • Dismantling: Level 10
  • Ascend Limits: Level 10
  • Commanding: Level 10
  • Surpass Limits: Great Sword: Level 10
  • Spirit Magic: Level 6
  • Fire Attribute Magic: Level 10
  • Wind Attribute Magic: Level 10
  • Water Attribute Magic: Level 10
  • Earth Attribute Magic: Level 10
  • Life Attribute Magic: Level 10
  • Light Attribute Magic: Level 10
  • Time Attribute Magic: Level 10
  • Space Attribute Magic: Level 10
  • Detect Presence: Level 5
  • Coordination: Level 8
  • Magic Fist Fighting Technique: Level 4
  • High Speed Thought Processing: Level 5

Unique Skills:

  • Magic Master: Level 10
  • Extreme Strength: Level 8
  • Pride: Level 4
I've been listening to this song recently and I can't get it out of my head, here.

48