Chapter 43 – Making our way to the dungeon
1.3k 9 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The reason why I accepted their ‘suggestion’ to me joining their party temporarily was because I thought it wouldn’t be bad to party up for a while.

I needed to get used to speaking to other people other than my friends, and the other reason was because all the other quests are of higher rank that I couldn’t take yet.

Even though I defeated a B ranked monster, the receptionist told me that I should do more quests to get more accomplishments under my name.

Every time an adventurer does a quest, it is written down on the adventurers profile which is only accessible by the guild. When time is needed they’ll use your profile as a reference.

I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t get promoted, but I would like to rather stay this way than getting more attention then what I already had.

“Hey, are you alright? You’re spacing out quite a bit.”, the mage from the party snapped me back to reality. “Oh, I’m alright…”, 

In our ‘temporary’ party, i was stationed in the rear together with the mage girl. “… by the way… I never asked your names yet….”, I asked the party members ahead of me.

“I guess, we haven’t introduced ourselves yet. My name is Gray, I’m a D class adventurer. And this is our reliable and monster expert mage, Mash.”, the party leader Gray introduced himself and the girl Mash. “My name is Mash, and I’m F class. Nice to meet you.”

“My name is Silvet, I’m an half-elf from my fathers side and I’m a E class adventurer.”, the half-elf Silvet also introduces himself. “Why the hell am I last?! Uh…. Anyways my name Laila and I’m a D classed adventurer. Pleased to meet you.”, the Demi-human Laila introduced herself as well.

“My name is Shiro, I’m an F class adventurer. My race is half-elf, pleased to meet your acquaintance.”, I introduced myself formally. “…There was something I wanted…. To ask.”, I had something not my mind that I wanted to speak out, but then suddenly realized what I was about to say.

‘I can’t ask them where I can find slaves.’, I’ve been constantly thinking about how I could ask someone where I could find slaves, without sounding like I’m about to do buy some myself. I wasn’t sure whether I could trust them, or rather whether I have enough trust for them.

“What was our quest again?”, I came up with a different question at the last second. “We’re going to explore a dungeon!”, Gray declared with excitement.

The quest was D class, and it was suggested to go with more than one person. Manly, because the number of monsters inside the dungeon was unknown, the only thing know was that it was filled with ‘undead’ type monsters.

“Are you sure we’re alright with this party setup? I mean we almost got killed an a goblin slaying quest.”, Laila was doubtful whether this party was up to the quest.

“Don’t worry, we got in our party someone who slayed a Giant, and not just that he is a mage and a Swordsman as well!”, Gray said full of confidence, even though he was talking about someone else.

‘Hey, don’t put me on the pedestal here!’, the party’s attention was targeted towards me. “Well, if you say so. Then we’ll be relying on you then, Shiro.”, Laila showed her trust towards me and Gray.

 

 

 

We continued on wandering through the forest, the sun was soon about to set down and the temperatures were slowly dropping.

“Uhm…”, the girl Mash, who was right next to me clenched onto my shirt. “You’re a mage, right?”, she asked me in a small soft voice.

‘That’s a vague question, well yes I wrote down my speciality as ‘Mage’ and ‘Swordsman’, and I do know magic. But, does that mean I am a mage? I don’t even wear a robe nor a staff.’, I philosophized even though the question was simple.

“Well, yes I do know magic.”, I answered her question. “… if you don’t mind me asking…. What are your attributes?”, she asked shyly. 

“Mine are ‘No-Attribute Magic’, ‘Fire Attribute Magic’ and ‘Water Attribute Magic’.”, I answered her with a lie, yet truth at the same time.

‘I acquired the skill ‘Flame Manipulation’ which allows me to manipulate fire with ‘Dark’ attribute mana. And ‘Liquid Manipulation’ the same way.’, I looked at my status to check out my skills. ‘These skills are separated from the ‘Dark Attribute Magic’ skill, that means they do not belong to it.’

“Wow, mine are ‘Life’ and ‘Wind’.”, she told me her attributes as well. 

There was some sort of awkward silence between us, I remembered this situation. Back in the bus before I died, I was speaking to a random guy in the back. It wasn’t a good memory….

“… so why did you become an adventurer?”, I thought about a topic to talk about. “I became and adventurer to become better at magic…”, Mash answered whilst holding her staff closely between her small breasts.

“Hey! What are you two flirting about back there?”, Laila teased us, Mash’s cheeks were flushed red in embarrassment. 

“Oh, I was asking her why she became and adventurer.”, I answered her tease with a normal answer. “… yes, I was telling him why I became and adventurer.”, Mash said still flustered by what she said.

“Actually, why did all of you become adventurers?”, I asked the party. Gray was the first one to react, he turned around and made a mighty pose.

“I want to become a hero!”, his voice filled with determination was heard. “Yeah, sure dream on if you want.”, Laila made fun of him.

“What do you mean?! Just because I want summoned from another world doesn’t mean I can’t become a hero!”, Gray fought back against Laila. “Alright, then tell me have you ever received a ‘Divine Protection’ or a ‘Blessing’ from any god or do you even have a single ‘Unique Skill’?”, 

Gray looked down in his feet a little depressed. “…no”, he muttered. “See, every hero known to the world either had some sort of blessing or unique skill, and if not then they must have a lot of skill.”, Laila told him.

‘So this is what they meant by killed by words…’, I praised him for not actually dying after the amount of truths thrown him right at the face.

“What’s a ‘Divine Protection’ or ‘Blessing’?”, I’m pretty sure I could guess what those are, but they might be something different in this world. 

“A ‘Divine Protection’ is a Unique Skill given to you by a god, depending on which god also depends on what effects it does, but it’s mostly the same effects. A ‘Divine Blessing’ is also a Unique Skill that can only be given by a god, the difference between these two is that the blessing exerts more specific effects. An example would be that new jobs would appear that cannot be acquired without ‘that’ specific blessing.” Laila explained.

“It might be that it hasn’t appeared yet, I can still become a hero!”, Gray still hung up on what she said protested. “Yeah, it’s possible to have a divine protection but it hasn’t made its appearance yet, but your chances are slim to none.”

Gray became even more depressed after Laila dropped the last bomb shell. “So, why did you become an adventurer Laila?”, I asked Laila. “No special reason, just thought it would be fun.”, she answered nonchalantly.

“What about you?”, I looked towards Silvet. “Well, I always wanted to leave my home town to explore the world. I just thought that becoming an adventurer would help me do so.”, he answered while scratching his cheek.

“What about you Shiro?”, Gray who just recovered from possibly a deadly word combo kill asked. 

‘Now that they’re talking about it, why did I become an adventurer? I think it was because I needed money to buy food and weapons.’, I thought about my reason.

“… I guess I wanted money…”, I muttered out loud and the whole party suddenly froze.

All of their gazes were ice cold and targeted towards me as the object of pity. “Huh?! Did I say something wrong?”

“Oh, no it’s just… surprising yet at the same time not.”, Laila was holding her hand in front of her mouth as if she was holding something in. 

Mash to whom I had some sort of connection to was looking at me with dead eyes as if she had lost all hope in me.

‘Hey! Don’t think of me that badly! Everyone needs money, right???’, I felt their gazes not subduing, even though I had no expression whatsoever, inside I was feeling quite horrible you could say…

“Hey, it’s normal wanting money. Not everyone needs to have a valid reason.”, Gray tried to back me up.

“Gray! You’re the only one who understand me in this cruel world.”, I jumped in to hug him out of companionship, but he resisted.

“Y-you’re too close!”, Gray had his cheeks beet red in embarrassment. At first I didn’t understand why, but then I remembered my appearance.

I had a child like face that could be recognized as both male and female, even my body was small and petite. Even though my hair was short enough for a boy, it’s messiness could easily make me look cute. Needless to say, you could mistake me for a ‘Shota’ or a ‘Loli’.

“Oh-ho~, why are you getting so riled up?”, I teased him even though I myself was feeling quite embarrassed myself.

My appearance from now was a tad bit different from the one on earth. Now I had white hair and skin which made me look cute even though I could be mistaken for being a ‘Ghost’… though they’re technically not wrong.

“Please let go.”, his face blushed even more. ‘Don’t worry you’re not the only one suffering from this. Had it been the old me I would have never done this, but I always wanted to do this, so I’m sorry!’, I apologized to him in my mind.

“Hey would you two stop hugging each other, we arrived.”, Laila announced our arrival, I unbraced him and acted as if nothing happened.

I looked towards the stone path leading towards a small gate, the door handles were skull shaped and the torches were lit with blue fire.

“Are you sure you picked the right quest?”, I asked Gray who recomposed himself. “Yes, of course I did. Undead are mostly easy to beat. I’m sure we’ll be alright.”, he told me with full confidence.

I moved my gaze back towards the small gate. ‘Please, let this quest be easier than all the others I’ve ever taken…’

 

 

Unique Skill Explanation: Extreme Strength

This Skill is only acquirable by someone who has reached over one hundred thousand in the attribute value ‘Strength’. This skill increases the strength stat by the level of the skill for a limited amount of time, the higher the skill level the stronger it will get and longer you can keep this skill on. 


Alright there are numerous reasons why this chapter came out late... actually I’ve been playing Fgo (Fate/Grand Order) for over 24h+ . I just finished the final singularity where I had to fight goetia and now I can finally start the pseudo singularities. Now you’re probably asking ‘What were you trying to do while you could be making a new chapter?’, I was trying to get BB the SSR servant for the last four days and guess what? I still don’t have her.....

Well, after watching the anime where the seventh singularity was adapted from, I got several questions... where’s my Karna? I’m pretty sure I had a SSR Karna in my party around the seventh singularity... 

One interesting thing happened while I played Fgo, is that during a summon event where certain servants got a rate up. I accidentally got my Karna on a roll, and boy I didn’t know how lucky I was. The chances of me getting Karna were 0.014% and I repeat 0.014%!!!

Alright, I should probably write down something actually related to my novel. I’m doing another Q&A but this time you guys are going to be the ones answering my questions. Obviously you are free to choose whether or not you want to answer my question but I would greatly appreciate it. 

Okay here are my questions to you:

1. Once again, are you enjoying my novel?

2. Do you already have an idea as to what the plot is? Or where this story will be going?

3. Who are your favorite servants? (F/GO)(Not story related)  

4. Is my writing style good, or rather is it okay for you to read?

5. Astolfo is cute. (This isn’t a question)

27