Chapter 44 – Dungeon Cleared!
1.2k 5 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We entered the dungeon without a moments rest, the sun was almost at its zenith. If we didn’t finish this quest soon, it would turn night where monsters are even more active or at the very least some of them are.

The inside of the dungeon was… well, dungeon like. The floor and walls were made from stone and the path forward was illuminated with fiery blue torches.

I caught a glimpse towards Gray the party leader, he was still blushing about the thing I did before. He looked towards me and instantly averted eye contact.

‘I was just teasing, I didn’t actually mean anything by that.’, even though I was embarrassed too, I was able to ignore what I did and forget it. It was just something I always wanted to try, and I somehow got the courage to do so.

“Wait. There’s something up ahead.”, I warned everyone else of a presence of a monster up ahead. Unlike the previous quest where we had to enter a ‘Mana Zone’, here it was much easier to use the spell ‘Sense’.

“How do you know? Is it some sort of spell? Or a Skill?”, Laila asked. “It’s a spell. Now get down.”, I materialized my swords and deflected an arrow that was aiming for her.

“A skeleton archer?”, I muttered, in the distance I saw beaming red eyes and heard rattling of bones. The skeleton was hiding behind a stone pillar.

‘God, this reminds me of a certain game.’, I made a small black flame, but before I could launch it a wind blade came from the side and cut down the pillar including the skeleton who was hiding behind it.

‘So, she noticed it right at the same time as me and started chanting already.’, i was amazed by Mash whom I saw holding her staff pointed towards the debris of the pillar.

Phew.”, Mash sighed in relief. “That was a great reaction time, good job!”, I praised Mash and she blushed shyly.

“Hey what was that!”, Gray took a look at my swords that had appeared out of nowhere. “I didn’t even know you had these on you! Were you using a spell? A Skill maybe? Or was this sword specially imbued!?”, Gray asked like an excited child.

“They’re specially made.”, I answered. Gray wanted to touch the swords, but it fazed right through his hands. The materialization was slowly fading off.

“Well, well, well, ain’t the two of you quick on your feet! Next time leave it to us.”, Laila said confidently. “Yeah, we have to do something to contribute don’t we?”, Silvet agreed.

We continued down the long stone corridor, Gray was checking his surroundings and everyone else were investigating the dungeon.

“How do you think these are created?”, Laila asked. “Maybe they’ve been built by intelligent monsters, or maybe this place belonged to a mage once.”, Mash speculated.

“What do you think Shiro?”, Mash asked me. “If I had to say, I would go with your idea.”, I didn’t have any way of knowing since I’ve literally only been to this world for a couple of months.

“Attention everyone, there are hostiles approaching.”, I warned the party once again. “This time there are more of them… seven of them in total from what I can tell.”

Gray took out his sword and charged forward towards the shadow of a skeleton, the skeleton was easily defeated in an instant.

Undead skeleton type monsters are known for having very low vitality thus making it easier to defeat. Ghosts and ‘Spirit’ like monsters are almost the same, the only difference is that one must use magic do defeat them.

“Gray! On the left!”, Mash shouted towards Gray, another skeleton was about to attack him.

“Leave it to me!”, Silvet took out his bow and aimed at the skeleton. “‘Screw Arrow’”, the arrow pierced the skeleton directly in the head, as if he had been aiming at an Apple.

“There are five left.”, I told them. “Alright, the next one is mine!”, Laila sprinted towards the pack of undead and Punched him in the face. “‘Iron Fist’!”, the skeletons skull cracked and broke into tiny pieces like glass.

Her pursuit did not end there, she ducked down to evade the skeletons swing of his sword. She then swing her foot high in the air and kicked the skeleton in the face, the sound of bone cracking could be heard form the skeleton.

“Woo-hoo! Two down!”, she celebrated despite there still being three left. “The rest are mine.”, I said.

‘Not gonna lie, I’m a little jealous.’, I created three small fire balls the size of an eye and shit them towards the three remaining skeletons. “‘Fire Ball’”, I gave it a name of a spell even though it wasn’t one.

The skeletons instantly burned and turned to ash in an instant. “I’m pretty sure that wasn’t a ‘Fire Ball’.”, Laila muttered in doubt of my false ‘spell’.

“And you didn’t even chant!”, Mash suddenly grabbed my hands and looked into my eyes with a look of amazement. “You must be a great mage to be able to make magic without even casting! Normally it would take numerous of attempts to cast a spell without even chanting!”

“Would you please teach me!”, Mash had determination written in her expression, her eyes were shining like the ones of a little child. “Uh… unfortunately the way I learned it isn’t exactly teachable.”

“Oh…. I see. I’m sorry for suddenly…”, Mash finally returned to her senses and apologized. “Not a problem, has it been me I wouldn’t have been able to hold back my interest either.”

I wasn’t lying, I would’ve asked how they did that with her knowledge about magic. “Now that I’m thinking about it, what did you do Laila?”,

“Humph! It is called ‘Unarmed Fighting Technique’, it’s a skill that increases your hand to hand combat power and art.”, she explained with a smug look in her face full of pride.

“Would you teach it to me?”, I asked her full of sincerity and her expression turned into a troubled one. “Uh… I’m not sure I could teach you. Even my teacher told me that I was an amateur at it.”

“I see. I understand I won’t bother you about it.” I said. “Alright everyone let’s keep on moving. I have a feeling we’re almost there.” Gray pointed forward in a heroic pose.

 

 

 

And thus, we ventured even further into the dungeon, till we eventually found a big open space with a chest radiating with mana.

“It’s a treasure chest!”, Gray ran towards it, but I grabbed him from behind stopping him from his tracks. “Are you an idiot? It’s clearly a trap.”, I told him.

Everyone else also nodded towards my remark. “How do you know that?”, Gray asked with tears in his eyes form not being able to reach the treasure chest.

“First of, it’s a big and empty room with just one chest possibly filled with unimaginable treasures, unguarded not even by a single undead. Doesn’t it seem suspicious?”, I told him my speculations and the party nodded in agreement except Gray who was listening. “And also, even if the quest was low-ranked doesn’t mean it’ll be easy, I thought it was strange that we found not many enemies in this dungeon. For all I care the moment we open that chest this whole room will be overrun by monsters.”

“Okay, I get your point. But are we just going to leave without getting anything?”, he was right. The quests objective was to explore the dungeon, one of the things that can be done during the exploration is finding items like potions magic tools or accessories. As of right now the only thing we could bring back would be the bones form the skeletons that could be used to make magic items or for other utilities.

“So you want us to sacrifice our lives just for some cheap items, it may not even be worth it!”, Laila said.

Gray suddenly became speechless, he castes his eyes downwards in shame. “Well, it would actually be worth it. I can feel a lot of mana inside that chest. Though I can also feel some mana on the sides of the pillars holding this huge room.”, I told them.

Silvet, Gray, Laila and Mash thought hard about what to do, Mash tugged onto my shirt again. “What do you think we should do?”, I felt my breath suddenly stop, even though I don’t have any need to breathe.

Normally people never ask for my opinion (mostly because I didn’t even exist to them). “I think… we should risk it.”, we would come back almost empty handed, and this quest wouldn’t really be much of a success.

Everyone was silent, they knew what would happen the moment we would open the chest. “Alright, lets do this!”, Gray was the first one to react, he knew what would happen but still decided to fight.

“Nhn! Okay, I’m in.”, Laila mustered her strength. “I’ll join you as well.”, Silvet made a troubled smile. “Me too, we’re a party after all.”, Mash said.

“Okay, I’ll open the chest. Spell casters stay in the middle of the room and start chanting, except for Shiro. Everyone else protect them.”, Gray lead the party.

Gray prepared to open the chest, Mash started chanting a spell and I gathered mana. Silvet took out his bow and placed an arrow ready to aim. Laila entered a fighting position.

“Everyone, get ready in three.”,

“Two”

“One”

 

 

 

He opened the chest and a huge magic circle appeared below our feet. The mana around me suddenly disappeared and got seeped into the circle to make sure we couldn’t recover faster.

‘Rattle’, the same sound of bones rattling on each other could be heard from the entire room. Humanoid skeletons with swords, spears and bows appeared. Among them you could find silhouettes with the shape of wolves.

“I guess we’ve got some ghost among them.”, Laila who was really nervous said. “Leave them to me.”, I told her.

Ghosts are classified as monsters due to them not having any memories of when they were alive and from them only having negative emotions left.

“‘Body Enhancement’”, Mash casted a spell on us. My body suddenly felt lighter than a feather. It was probably a ‘Life Attribute Magic’ spell that enhanced the body’s capability and senses.

“Fire Ball”, I didn’t really need to say out its name but if I dint do that they would doubt whether it was actual magic or not.

The ‘Ghost’ wolves vaporized into nothingness the moment the fire balls made contact. The skeletons continued their pursuit by sprinting towards us.

Gray closed the treasure chest and took out his sword to join the fight. “Now all we have to do is wait u till the trap runs out of mana.”, he shared his information with us.

Traps are magic spells turned into magic circles that are activated by contact with mana, the moment Gray opened she chest it must have triggered something to turn it on.

But there was something bugging me. Were the skeletons created by the dungeon or were they teleported from another space? Had it been space then that meant that the traps were made with ‘Space Attribute Magic’, which could only be used to teleport things from another space into this one.

But what if it was the other case? How are these monsters created? By ‘Life Attribute Magic’? No these are undead, then that means they are not created. There was only one way to find out.

‘I’m gonna have to ‘corrupt’ the magic circles.’, I thought when suddenly an arrow flashed before my eyes. “Get it together Shiro. Don’t lose focus.”, Gray warned me as he parried his sword with the ones of a skeleton.

‘Heat the hell am I thinking, I may be in this party temporarily but that doesn’t mean I can just ditch them to satisfy my curiosity.’, I shot out more spells towards the skeletons.

For a moment I saw an opening leading directly to the glowing magic circle on the floor, unlike the one who was directly under us that was the one that summoned the skeletons.

‘…damn these temptations...!’, I took this as an opportunity to head towards the magic circle. “‘Ice Prison’”, I casted a spell that took form differently.

All the skeletons on my side got frozen including some of the others. “Wow!”, Gray who gazed at the frozen skeleton he was fighting against awed.

However the skeletons did not stop spawning, the circle would summon them endlessly without stop unless the mana source would stop.

New monsters were summoned and attacked me immediately, but they were taken down by wind blades that were shot from behind. “I don’t know what you want to do, but I believe in you that it’s important.”, Mash said breathing heavily.

Mash casted spell after spell, while chanting at that. She was breathing heavily as if she was running out of air.

I took this opportunity to corrupt the magic circle, the monsters stopped appearing from this side of the room, but they were still coming out from the other side.

‘What the hell is this?!’, it was as if I was looking at an optic illusion, but the feeling is all over the body. I felt some sort of pressure on my head, it was probably supposed to be pain but my skill ‘Pain Nullification’ nullified it.

My mana filled the circle making it somehow my ‘magic circle’. I felt something weird, it was as if my mana was getting lead towards somewhere else.

“How long are you going to stay still?!”, Laila who was taking down the skeletons on the other side said. “Yeah, just give me a sec.”, I told her as I continued to follow the lead.

After a couple of short seconds, the corruption of the mana stopped, however I couldn’t control the magic circle. It was too complicated, unlike ‘fire’ and ‘water’ this is ‘Space’ we are talking about. What I’m feeling between the connection of this place and the other is some sort of jimbo jumble of sensations unknown to me. All I can do is stop the summoning from this place by cutting of that connection.

I returned to the middle of the room, the side which I came from no longer had any monsters all of them were frozen and or have been destroyed by Gray and Mash.

“What did you do?”, Mash asked interested as she supported Silvet and Laila. “If I can reach the other side, I can stop the trap from working.”, I told her.

“But it seems they don’t need my assistance.”, I muttered. The other side of the room was almost empty with only a couple of skeletons left. “Phew, these guys were tough.”, Laila said, her hands had some bruises from constantly punching the skeletons.

Silvet was also relieved that it was over, his bow was still intact but all of his arrows are gone. ‘These guys are better then what I expected.’, I thought truly amazed. The magic circle on their end was still activated, but there were no monsters coming out.

I quickly checked the magic circle, mana was still flowing through but there was nothing coming from the other side.

I could not manipulate the mana inside this magic circle to teleport to the other side it was too complicated for me, unlike manipulating fire or water.

“So what was inside the treasure chest?”, I asked returning back to Gray. “Oh, I didn’t look.”, he said with a dumb look in his face.

“How did you not see it? You were the one who opened it.”, I said. “Oh, we were going to fight, so I didn’t look since I was too concentrated on joining the fight.”, he told me.

“Why don’t we open it all together then?”, Mash suggested, and everyone agreed. We slowly opened the chest and feasted our eyes upon the treasures that lingered inside the chest we fought so much for.

“What is this?”, I took out some weird pole looking thing out fo the chest, and everyone started taking out stuff as if it was a box full of toys.

“That’s a staff, if I had to guess. And this is a potion.”, she said holding a flask filled with blue liquid. “I guess it was worth it?”, I said inspecting this staff even closer.

The chest contained two potions, a magic staff of some sort. A couple of books, a enchanted sword and an amulet made out of gold and there seemed to be more inside the chest.

“I guess considering this is our first dungeon exploration, it wasn’t too bad.”, Laila said looking at the amulet while Silvet scrolled through the books.

“And this concludes our first dungeon exploration!”, Gray and everyone else cheered as well.

 

<< The levels of 'Pain Nullification', 'Dark Vision', 'Enhanced Mana', 'Automatic Mana Recovery', 'Chant Revocation', 'No-Attribute Magic', 'Mana Manipulation', 'Dark Attribute Magic', 'Flame Manipulation' and 'Liquid Manipulation' have increased. >>

No, I did not play Fate/Go the whole time instead of writing this chapter... just kidding I played F/Go the whole time, only when I had time (actually I had time but I didn't use it much) I wrote the chapter.

Seriously what's hard about Fate/Go is not the battles, it's the amount of mission actions that make you spend over 1h just to get a single saint quartz! I'm in the pseudo singularity Agartha, Astolfo wearing a school uniform was very cute, I almost had my nose bleeding! Gotta say in the Shinjuku singularity I already knew that 'Archer' was James Moriarty and that was because I played the dead heat summer 2019 revival event. 

I would like to ask you my readers where I can get a 'Giants Ring' in F/GO, I'm trying to get my Skadi to lvl 90. But I have no idea how to get a 'Giants Ring'. And here's my party setup as you can see I have Mysterious Heroine X (I wish I could've gotten BB): link

30