Chapter 48 – Is there someone I like?
1k 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hey Shiro, is there someone you like?”

‘Damn it, is he that wasted?’, I thought as I slowly reached out to him to support him back to the tavern, but he resisted.

“I’ll only go back if you answer me!”, he said with his eyes spinning around. “Tch, why do you want to know that that badly?”,

Gray finally lost his balance and almost fell to the ground when I came in and supported him. “Hey, you okay?”, I asked him but no response came he was probably out cold.

“Hmm, I guess I’ll answer your question anyway.”, I slowly walked back while he was on my back snoring. “If you’re asking me in who I ‘like’ as a friend, then it would be everyone in your party and my friends.”

I may have only met them for one day, but I can tell they’re good people, and I’ve spent enough time with Athena and Willow for me to trust them. And Alice even stayed with me to go on a quest, I can tell they’re good people.

Sometimes… I even think I’m the one doing more damage than good. I drag them around because of my own selfish reasons, I really want to make up for them.

“Now if you’re asking about romantic ‘like’, then… I’m not sure.”, I felt Gray twitch on my back. “Are you actually listening? Meh, doesn’t matter.”

“You know people say that when you’re in love you feel butterflies in your stomach, believe me if that’s the case then that isn’t love, it’s a disease.”, I told him jokingly even though I was feeling like I was talking to myself. “….you’re complicated…”, Gray muttered.

‘Ho? So you were actually listening’, I arrived at the entrance of the tavern and slowly opened the door. “Damn you’re heavy dude.”, I complained.

‘If being in love was ‘that’ feeling then it would mean I was in love with every girl I’ve met. And I would never be able to forgive myself for thinking like that.’

 

 

 

<< The levels of ‘Fast Eating’ have increased. >>

 

“Are you sure he’s going to be alright?”, I asked Laila who was supporting him.

After I returned him to the table we finished dining, in the end he was still able to pay the bill despite being wasted. I however secretly payed one quarter of the bill as a token of gratitude.

Silvet left soon after he finished eating, he wasn’t feeling well from eating too much.

“So, whet are you all doing tomorrow?”, I asked them their plans for tomorrow and Mash made a pained expression. “We’re leaving this town.”

“Huh? Why?”, I asked. “It’s because of this goof right here, he want to become a hero that badly that he practically begged us to travel with him to get the holy sword.”

‘That’s one hell of a determination’, I admired his desire of becoming a hero. “So you guys are leaving tomorrow?”, I asked.

“Yes, so today he wanted to have as much fun as possible before he left this town.”, Mash explained. “I see…”, I didn’t know how to react about it, but there was one thing I could say.

“Well, I’m leaving tomorrow as well.”, I told them. “Really? What a coincidence.”, Laila thought as she readjusted Gray in her back.

“I wish’d I could continue chatting, but this guys getting heavier by the second so I’ll have to make my leave.”, Laila said, there was sweat dripping down her cheek.

“I have to leave as well, we’re going to do a long journey.”, Mash yawned.

“See you around Shiro, I hope we meet each other again.”, Mash left together with Laila and thus leaving me alone.

“Well, they do say you meet someone at the very least twice in your life, right? Hah… I can’t believe I said this sentence.”, I muttered.

I turned around and made my way back home, the moon was already in the sky and the stars that shone ever so brightly spread themselves in the sky like a painting.

‘Hmm, I wonder how Athenas day went… oh yeah she went shopping for clothes with Alice and Azure.’, I remembered the reason why I spent the whole day making clothes and armor.

The original plan was to increase the levels of my crafting skills, but for some reason they didn’t level up at all, though my job has finally reached level one hundred. Just like they say, it’s easier to level up as a novice.

Though the time I spent making the armor and clothes wasn’t wasted, I made a special type of normal clothes and armor at the same time. I’ll explain the details later on.

As I was making self dialogues in my mind, a silhouette of a person in the distance made its presence as thin as air.

‘This spell is really useful! This time I’ll end you!’, the shadow of a person sprinted towards its target once again. ‘I’ll kill you this time!’, the shadow moved faster and more carefully this time to not make the same mistake as last time.

The shadow grew closer to its target, and then once it almost reached its target… it stopped in its tracks.

‘Wh-wh-what is this scent?!’, the shadow directed its nose towards the source of the aroma in the open air. ‘This is… a bakery? Why is there one even open at this time of the night?’

The scent was coming from a store filled with pastry’s of all types, but there was only one that had caught her nose the most.

She saw a person eating some sort of sweet filled with cream. ‘That’s a crepe!’, she recognized the scent and her stomach rumbled showing signs of needing nutrition.

‘No! Focus on your job… hey! Where is he?’, the shadow had lost its target as it was no longer within her sight. ‘Oh no… I guess I’ll have to deal with him sometime later… till’ then I’ll enjoy myself a little. Only a little!’

The shadow entered the bakery and filled her stomach with sweets!

 

 

 

Achoo!”, I sneezed, I felt like someone was talking about me behind my back, but I ignored that feeling as I was approaching the Inn.

I entered the Inn without a moment to spare and found nobody of whom I would call my friends inside, the girls were probably asleep it’s almost midnight after all and Willow is… oh.

I found Willow snoring in the corner of the table while holding a jug of beer in his right hand. “Mnm… no, no please just one more bottle… mnm~ please.”, he sleep talked.

‘I think I don’t even want to imagine what he’s dreaming, but at the very least he’s polite.’, I placed some copper coins and picked him up on my back to take him upstairs.

‘And this is why I don’t like to drink, because I’m scared of ending up like him or Gray.’, I thought of this as a valuable life lesson, I entered his room and placed him on his bed.

He was heavy, though thanks to my ‘strength’ stat it made it easier to pick him up. Had it been the old me I would’ve probably broke some bones trying to lift him, much less hold him.

I left his room and went downstairs to talk with the receptionist. “Is there anything you need uhm… sir?”, the receptionist had some hard time identifying my gender though I can’t blame her.

“I would like to change the nights me and my friends are staying here.”, I told her my true intentions. “Understood, it had been prolonged for ten more night, for how much would you like to change it to?”

“Just this night.”, the receptionist nodded and took out a bag full of coins and gave it to me. “Due to our policy, unfortunately we could only return eighty percent of the original given payment.”, the receptionist apologized.

“It’s no problem, have a goodnight.”, it really wasn’t a problem, for all I care they could’ve had a no refund policy so I couldn’t be more grateful.

I went back to my room and lied down on my bed once again. ‘Don’t worry, Lara and Luna, I’ll definitely save you.’, these we’re my honest feelings as of right now.

Since I left that forest my only feelings were targeted towards getting revenge, yes I didn’t go immediately like a beast with only wrath in its mind to confront my enemies. If I wanted to get revenge, then I would do it successfully, but I still failed to see it all through. The best I did was leave a curse behind on the king and nothing else.

After I heard that the only survivors of the village were the twins who were sold as slaves and Ralph who was actually a traitor.

I felt extremely relieved the moment I heard the twins were still alive, it was as if the situation got a little bit better.

“Fwaahh… ever since I came to this world it felt like I haven’t rested a single day, even though I literally slept for one week like I was in some sort of coma.”, I looked towards the window to my left, the same image as of before has barely changed only the position of the moon did if not the stars.

“I guess… I’m happy that I came to this world…”, I muttered while I felt my eye lids slowly closing down. I had a long journey to do tomorrow, I had to make sure I got enough sleep so that I wouldn’t hold everyone back again.

‘I can’t believe I went sooner to bed, had it been the old me I would’ve stayed up until the sun had risen…’, these were my final thoughts before I fell asleep.

 

 

Skill Explanation: Soul Form

This skill can only be acquired by beings such as evolved versions of ghosts and or spirit like beings, this Skill allows one to posses a half materialized soul. Unlike ‘Spirit Form’, if the user is damaged the Attribute values will get lower and will stay the same for as long as the damage taken remains.

 

Job Explanation: Thread User

This job can only be acquired after possessing a set ability to work with threads, this job is mostly used for one to use threads as a way of fighting or crafting. This skill increases the ‘Agility’ and ‘Intelligence’ stats, and gives the user the Skill ‘Thread Reeling’.

 

I would like to ask if the chapter length are good enough? (This chapter was exceptionally short.) But, do the lengths of the chapters satisfy you my readers?

25