Ch 35. Tammy part 1
12.9k 25 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was waiting in the guild by myself, sitting at a table by the door, having already taken care of everything that needed doing. 

Tammy was eyeing me constantly, watching the remaining members trickle out for the day. There were already ten men in the back lot, working away at processing the furs from my haul. Dozens of torches lighting their work in the failing evening light, seeing as they would be working through the night they would be needing it. 

By the time the last patron left, it was barely light out. The sun having already passed beyond the horizon. 

Tammy and I walked hand in hand down the road. Shopkeepers closing everywhere for the day, while the last customers left. Seemingly the only shops still open were those of the 'night' variety. The town's few brothels and their girls trying to attract customers before they disappeared for the evening. I'd never needed to visit such establishments, always having the luxury of Belle for comfort. 

Soon we passed outside of the town inner gates and into the farmland beyond. This was in a different sector than my home, the outer walls being sectioned to minimize the risk if monsters were somehow able to get through.

The grass was trampled down around the dirt road, overgrown to the sides, and moonligh reflected off the rows of leafy winter crops as we passed. Although it was dark out, the stars and moon above us shone brightly, illuminating the path. 

Seeing we were the only ones around, I began getting a bit bolder. Letting go of Tammy's hand and reaching for her ass. She was quite skinny so there wasn't much there, certainly not as much to grab onto as with Belle. I continued to massage her on the way, comparing the two women mentally the whole while. 

Tammy's blonde curls bobbed up and down while we walked, a smile on her face. I wondered if she was happy about being with me, or whether she was imagining how her life would change from today forward... which farmer's daughter didn't dream a life of nobility after all. 

We came to an unassuming farm house surrounded by fields, just like the countless others we had passed before. It was light inside the home, dim candles illuminating the window pane. 

Knocking on the door, Tammy announced herself somewhat softly. 

"I'm home..."

There were sounds from inside as someone got up from a chair to unlock the door. 

The wooden door opened and a frail looking middle aged woman appeared, bright blonde hair with petite breasts, one who looked a lot like an older version of Tammy.

"Tammy!" She cried out happily, before noticing me at her daughter's side. 

Only then did I regain awareness of where I had left my hand, and the impropriety of it all. Tammy hadn't said a thing so I had continued on absentmindedly, but now my first impression with her mother was that of me fondling her daughter's ass. I hoped she didn't notice, but she definitely did...

She focused her attention back on Tammy, now sounding angry and worried. 

"Tammy what's going on? Who's this boy?" She asked while narrowing her eyes at me. A man they've never met was bringing their daughter home so late at night. Scandalous to say the least, jeopardizing her chances for marriage. 

"I'm okay mother. Can we talk inside?" Tammy rubbed her arms, indicating her coldness. The temperature having dropped a bit further since sundown.

Tammy stepped through and I followed, much to the distress of her mother. Who was looking worriedly at me, a strange boy showing up so suddenly with her daughter. 

"What's going on out there?" An older male voice sounded out warningly, hearing his family's conversation. 

Soon a man appeared, probably in his late fourties, but haggard looking with sallow cheeks. After dealing with Vel, a weak looking man like this was hardly intimidating to me. 

"Who are you?" He asked me suspiciously.

Tammy stepped in front of me, hesitating before speaking up. 

"Mom, Dad, this is Keaton. He is my... t-that is, I-I'm going to be his lover!" 

I raised my eyebrow. That didn't seem like the right way to lead in.

Her parents faces instantly grew a shade darker as they started lecturing her angrily. Her mother screaming about how she'd ruined her future, eloping with some unknown man, shooting angry eyes at me as Tammy tried desperately to get a word in. 

"He's a mage!" She finally shouted out. 

The two finally quieted down, looking again at me. 

"Tammy, enough of this nonsense. You've worried your mother sick... And you--" The father turned to me accusingly.

"What non-sense did you put in my daughters head!" He tried his best to intimidate me, while Tammy tried to stop him.

"It's true!" Tammy shouted. 

They were on the verge of arguing again when Tammy turned to me pleadingly. Seeing that I so far remained passive throughout the whole affair. 

"Keaton, please! Show them your magic. They don't believe me at all."

To which I complied, not feeling very much like getting kicked out at this hour. 

Materializing myself into armor, waiting a few seconds for the impact to set in before storing it again. A neat trick I had picked up recently from practice, and one that was pretty mentally exhausting to use. 

Her parent's were shocked to say the least. Staring with mouths agape like fish out of water. A few seconds passing before the father finally took action.

"M-mage sir, please beg my family's pardon! We didn't know it, I swear sir. "

The father ducked his head and took his wife along to do the same. Both of them trembling at the idea they had just been so rude to mage. 

Mages were all unequivocally nobility after all. 

"Relax." I told them, holding my palms out disarmingly. 

"What your daughter said is true. And not just the part about me being a mage."

"He's here for me." Tammy spoke up, grabbing onto my arm lovingly. 

"He loves me." She added again for emphasis, taking peeks at me hopefully. 

Seeing that I wasn't angry, the two began to calm down. Offering me a seat at their table. 

From what I could tell. Her mother had been in the middle of serving a stew, bowls of it laid out, with one already set for Tammy. A thin broth, all vegetables and no meat. 

Looking around I didn't see many luxuries, the bare house being the very image of a peasant farmer. 

Tammy's mother looked embarrassed by their means, not having a proper meal to offer me. To which I materialized out a set of fully cooked steaks, and wineglasses, and appetizers. I wasn't sure whether they would be offended by the show of wealth, but both of them accepted it gratefully. Soon the four of us were seated, myself eating quietly next to Tammy while her parents were gushing over us ecstatically. Tammy was embarrassed by her parents excitement but acted proudly, cuddling up to me and showing me off like I was a prized catch. 

Her parents were not only okay with what I was here to do, but fully supported Tammy's decision. Being a noble's mistress was like a golden ticket for a poor family like theirs. Doubly so when they heard that I was a 'natural born' mage. They didn't know what that was exactly, but Tammy made it seem like a good thing. 

 

131