Explaining the Changes
8.8k 37 203
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I groggily opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling. I was in that weird state where I was still sleepy yet awake, so I had difficulty getting out of bed. It could also be due to my lack of exercise. I need to find a better life balance. I will go to the store and get some new clothes for exercising. If I want to maintain these awesome abs, I will need to put in some work.

 

The thought of my new abs reminded me of last night. I had thrown away most of my inhibitions and just had a three-way. It reminded me of how I started at the beginning of the game. Then, I noticed that Naomi and Yuki were both missing from the bed. I slowly rolled out of bed and stretched.

 

I didn’t really feel like putting anything on, so I left my room and walked to the kitchen to get some breakfast. As I entered the living room, I saw Yuki and Naomi sitting on the couch eating cereal.

 

“Morning, Mom. Decided to walk around in the buff, huh?” Yuki said in between bites of her food.

 

“Yeah, figured it wasn’t anything either of you haven’t seen, so I figured why not. I am surprised you two are dressed.” I responded back, looking at the two women dressed as if they were about to leave.

 

“Yeah, we went to the pharmacy earlier, so we had to get dressed,” Naomi said.

 

We didn’t use condoms last night, so it only made sense. I walked into the kitchen and made a bowl of cereal, too, as it was quick and easy. With my food in hand, I walked into the living room and sat on the couch between the girls. Naomi was flipping through the channels when she stopped on a news channel.

 

“Yesterday, there were several reports of a nude woman flying in the sky on the east coast. Our experts are still trying to analyze the videos to verify their authenticity. The low-quality video is presumed to be due to the high speed the woman is flying.”

 

The video they showed made me do a spit-take as I saw the flying woman. I instantly knew it was me.

 

“I thought that was all a strange dream,” I said out loud. My violent expelling of cereal from the mouth had attracted the girl’s attention.

 

“Wait…is that person you, Mom? It’s a bit blurry, but it looks like you now that I am looking.” Yuki said as she moved to the paused TV and squinted at the blurry image.

 

“You’d think that the video recording would be better with all the advancements in technology. Also, why is it that whenever anybody records anything like this, it looks like they were having a seizure while doing it? I mean, look! The video is all over the place. You only see ‘The Flying Woman’ for like a fourth of the entire video.” Naomi said while ranting about shitty recorded videos.

 

“Well, if the video was recorded here, then it makes sense why it is garbage. We live in a really poor district, so no one can afford good phones. Also, I think over half of the population in our district is on drugs. So, it could have been a crack seizure or something. I dunno, I don’t use drugs.” Yuki shrugged while still inspecting the blurred image.

 

“Back to the topic. Was this really you, Mom? When did you leave the house yesterday? And why are you flying naked?”

 

“Yes. I would like to know this too.” A voice from behind us caused us to jump. Turning around, I saw Eri and another unknown woman in a red dress beside her.

 

“Eri? How are you…?” I started to ask before Eri answered me.

 

“I talked about how the world was changing. Of course, I would be real too. But I suppose introductions are in order. This is the Goddess Scarlet. She is like my boss.” Eri said, introducing the bombshell beauty.

 

“Hello. I am already familiar with all of you. You are my favorite mortals to watch so far. Now, care to explain why I saw you zipping past my moon and into Earth’s atmosphere yesterday?” Scarlet said in a tone that held authority and a bit of arrogance.

 

I explained everything to everyone present about logging out and floating in space. Met some entity with stars for eyes and about how I flew across the cosmos back to Earth, where I woke up in my pod with some changes. Scarlet and Eri shared a glance with each other and were talking amongst themselves.

 

“You think it was her?” Eri asked.

 

“Undoubtedly. Only she can wield that kind of power.” Scarlet said with a tinge of fear in her voice.

 

“Excuse me. But who are you talking about?” I asked, getting tired of being ignored.

 

“Sorry. I can’t tell you. I prefer living, and I don’t want that to change anytime soon. I guess this concludes our meeting then.” Scarlet then snapped her fingers, creating a portal to what could be described as the moon’s surface. She and Eri walked through the portal, closing it behind them.

 

“What the actual fuck!? Did we just meet a real-life goddess?” Yuki said, finally coming to her senses.

 

“Yeah, I suppose we did. I always knew one was responsible for our changing world. Now I can place a face to said goddess now.” I responded.

 

After a few moments of shock I unpaused the TV to continue the news segment. It was funny to see the news anchors try and explain the flying woman and the different theories they found online. I found it comical that news of me falling to Earth garnered more attention than Rebirth Online’s first event coverage.

 

~|~

 

In a secret government bunker

 

“Has this “Flying Woman” been verified yet?” A male soldier said. He had a stack of medals and ribbons pinned to his dress uniform. The rank on his shoulders indicated he was a four-star general.

 

“Yes, sir. We corroborated the video and found it to be close to one hundred percent true. We are currently trying to rebuild the image with AI to give us a clearer picture of who this woman is.” Another man said. He was dressed in a standard Army combat uniform. The rank on his chest indicated he was a staff sergeant.

 

The General nodded as he focused on a still image of the blurry woman. “These damn corporations. They get in the way of government policies for their own greed. If we had it our way, the citizens would be equipped with better technology. We could avoid this situation if they could take better videos. It would help in aiding our National Security.”

 

The General sighed and walked away from the large computer screen. “How is subject Zero?”

 

“Subject Zero has shown qualities seen in mythology and folk lore regarding vampires. Testing still remains difficult. Any blood removed from the subject is rendered useless. After its last attack, it is given only enough blood to survive.” The Staff Sergeant said, reading from a report.

 

“All right then. Tell those scientists to keep up the work. We need to shift our focus to this woman and her powers. If we can figure out why they are popping up, we could use that to bolster our fighting forces. Imagine our soldiers with super strength, rapid regeneration, and flying. We could finally unite the world under one banner.” The General said in a slightly fanatical tone.

 

Thanks for reading everyone.

For those who didn't know, my transmission went out in my car, and I had to dedicate extra time at work to get some extra fund to fix it. Because who has the money for a new or even used car these days.

203