Chapter 17: Enrollment!
17.5k 33 377
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oh no, not again...

It's now my enrollment at the academy.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't nervous, seeing Naruto, Sasuke, and the others in reality for the first time.

That's why my eyes are bloodshot, not because I wanted to make a budget Uchiha cosplay, but rather because I couldn't sleep last night at all!

But because I have to listen to the old geezer's same speech as last year again, my nervousness vanished magically and now I have to be careful to not fall asleep instead!

Everyone is listening to him seriously, which also doesn't make it better, since the voice of the Hokage is the only thing you can hear now.

Well, in truth there are some exceptions...

Anyway, there is only one boy who isn't accompanied by family or friends.

He looks really sad, except when he notices that someone looks at him, then he sends a challenging glare to them.

Who could it be except for the protagonist of one of the most know anime with the iconic name - Boruto's Da - I mean Naruto Uzumaki!

I really feel bad for him, but as a mob, I should probably keep my distance so that I don't mess the whole world up with something like the butterfly-effect.

I mean it would be funny, to corrupt him and to see how things unfold, but I need someone to defeat tree-hippie Madara and those damn Aliens.

Anyway, he isn't the only important one here.

Sasuke is looking happy.

He is accompanied by his parents and by Itachi...I know he has many fans, but in my eyes, he is just another dirty Sharingan abuser!

And I'm not saying that because I'm jealous and also want a Sharingan - definitely not, I swear!

Sakura is...her forehead is really big, you could probably build a tent there - I better never say that out loud.

Choji...there is not a lot to say other than he is eating chips.

Shikamaru looks like he is bored to death...YES, I UNDERSTAND YOU COMPLETELY!

Ino is seriously listening to the speech though.

Kiba is more focused on Akamaru than the speech - I can't blame him.

Hinata is happy? I thought she would be shy and awkward but...oh right it must be the red scarf she is holding while looking over to our prince charming Naruto.

Shino...Shit, it's so hard not to laugh!

Seeing a little brat in a hooded jacket while wearing sunglasses is just too much!

Then there is Iruka who stands next to the Hokage.

It sure is weird seeing them in reality...I mean I already saw the Hokage and Tenten, but Hiruzen is making me always sleepy and Tenten is... a half mob.

Other than them there are some mobs, myself included.

But it doesn't surprise me that there are so many who are enrolling.

The day before was the enrollment test...and you just had to answer a few questions!

You just had to answer things like: I want to become a shinobi to protect my loved ones or other cheesy lines.

It was so dumb that I really had to hold myself back from telling sarcastic or cynical answers.

It was really hard to hold myself back!

Anyway, I think the only way to fail is to say edgy stuff like I want power or want to kill.

"Eiji! Congratulations!" - my mum suddenly hugged me.

Huh? Is the speech finally over?

"Eiji! Make me proud and form a hug hare-BUHAAAA..."

"Eiji! As your senior, congratulations! Anyway here is a gift."

Tenten gave me a panda bear pendant - that's really cool, to be honest...I like pandas.

"Koff, congratulations on your enrollment. I have something for you..."

Hayate-sensei gave me his present.

"Sensei, thank you but this is too much..."

It is a high-quality sword!

You can see that it is expensive: It is mostly black while the rest was violet.

It is a beautiful sword.

"No take it, it is proof that you are now an excellent swordsman. Also from today onwards I'm not your sensei anymore...there is nothing more I can teach you in terms of kenjutsu...but as a shinobi, you still have a lot to learn. So go to the academy and become a splendid shinobi!"

This guy...

"Thank you for everything, Hayate-sensei! I will become a shinobi you can be proud of!"

While saying that, I bowed to him to express my deepest gratitude.

'I definitely won't let you die!'

"Koff, I already said that you don't have to call me sensei anymore...by the way you should give your sword a name" - he said that with a small smile.

After thinking for a while I gave a smile and said: "I name it Kagayaku Haikei"

 

 

( Kagayaku Haikei = background which shines )

 

Somehow this chapter was really tough to write, I planned to finish the enrollment ceremony and to end it on a gag like most chapters but the flow was off so I scraped it. So the next chapter will be the rest of the enrollment ceremony while also the first day of the academy.

 

 

 

 

 

377