CH 19: DUNGEON(3)
4.4k 13 117
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Irene entered the dungeon with her daughter and her friend as well as her friend's adopted son. 

Akira Karino. Truly an interesting boy. She could see from the way he walked and acted that he was just a novice in martial arts. The same went for his magic. 

As such she was really curious about how he would fare in this dungeon. 

'Well, it doesn't matter. In the worst case, Mamako would help him.'

She had other worries. She did not feel it when outside, but now that she was in, she could faintly feel it. This dungeon was in no way a simple third tier dungeon. 

'To think this boy's eyes had such a high access to the Akashic record.'

Just how much authority did he have? Frankly she was a little jealous of it. It took her years of training to be able to obtain information from the record and even then the amount of information she could get was too limited. 

'I guess this is the difference between an innate ability and a trained one.' 

She grew to understand this. In this world, there was no such thing as fairness. Those born with powerful abilities could use them without having to understand them. 

For example, his creation type magic was incredible. Even someone of her power couldn't replicate it without dedicating decades of their time. 

The more she thought about it, the worse she felt, so she simply stopped thinking about it. 

'Hum… Four energy signatures at about four hundred meters away. Goblins? Interesting. Let's see how they will deal with it.' (E/N: Goblin slayer trauma activated.)

"Mamako. Let's not help them. It's only a few low level monsters. They should be able to deal with them."

Irene knew about Mamako's quirk. Even though she didn't seem to have her swords with her. Everything was possible with that woman. 

A nod was all the answers she received but it was enough. Now she could enjoy the show. 

When they were becoming to be slightly visible, 

"Akira-san. It seems like we will soon have a fight. Are you ready? Are you a wizard type? If so, let me be the vanguard." 

Irene smiled at the action of Erza. 

'Good girl.'

Then she looked at Akira, she was rather surprised by what she saw, 

On his face was what looked like a pair of night vision goggle and in his hand was… a gun? 

She didn't even have time to understand what was going on when. 

*BANG*

*BANG*

*BANG*

"Welp. Seems like this is more efficient than I thought."

Irene and Erza stood with their mouths agape. 

 

---- Akira POV 

I looked at the muzzle of the gun in my hand with pride. Before making it vanish and creating a new gun of the same type. 

Desert Eagle with .44 magnum bullets. A true baby full of badass. 

Initially I wanted to use .50AE bullets, but it wasn't suitable for my current strength. The recoil was simply too big. 

Now you may ask yourself, why a gun? 

Simple. 

During the first multi world war, humans had neither mana nor magic. So how did they manage to not get destroyed? The answer was simple, science. 

Guns more precisely. The first mission through the gate directed by Yoji Itami and his team showed the advantages that guns and other more powerful weapons had over the lowest level of magic. 

It's thanks to those weapons that humans of this world didn't get enslaved. Of course, normal guns were useless against TIER 2 individuals, but no matter how powerful they were. TIER 3 was still within human means to kill, even without magic. 

So, since magic was taking such a long time. I began to wonder. Why not use guns? 

Of course guns had many shortcomings. 

Magazine capacity. 

Time necessary to change magazines. 

Limited Ammunition. 

Needs of regular repair. 

Etc etc. 

But… 

What was my power again? 

The power to reproduce anything I ever touched. 

People tended to underestimate how powerful such a subtle power could be. 

Take me for example. 

Ammunition? Magazine capacity? Maintenance? 

Hahaha. 

What was the use? I could create an infinite number of ammunition or weapons. 

Man, I felt like I was in Call Of Duty. 

… 

Ahem. 

I shouldn't be distracted. 

"Erza. I shot the goblins. But I thought about letting the wolf to you. What do you think?" 

Erza looked at me with confusion before simply nodding and made a sword appear in her hand as she rushed toward that wolf. 

I couldn't help but drool a little at her magic. 

I had plans. Great plans. Even though I liked my powers, I wasn't satisfied with them. I wanted more. Way more. And Erza's magic was one of them. 

Re-equip and Telekinesis will be two of the necessary components for my endeavor. 

Hehehe, it would be great. I could already imagine the final results. 

"Aren't you worried about alerting more monsters?" 

Irene's voice brought me back from my dreams. 

Woman, didn't you know that you shouldn't stop people when they are inner monologuing? 

Turning slightly towards her, I took off my scope and told her honestly. 

"Frankly I hope that more comes. I have the perfect weapon to deal with group attacks in a narrow place."

I wasn't joking. 

Who needed magic when you had a few bombs and a shotgun?!!! 

"I see. What kind of guns is it? I do not remember this model."

"A desert Eagle. Rather old. But it's doing the trick. I could have used some magical guns. But creating those weapons sap my energy faster."

I was frankly irritated. Hinokagutsuchi didn't rely on my mana to work. But rather on my physical and mental capacity. 

I didn't know how strong I was mentally, but physically wise, I was pretty shit. A little above average now, but not enough to create magical guns and ammunition all willy nilly. 

That was one of the reasons I wanted Erza's magic. Just imagine it, I could create an entire armory of magical weapons. It would be so dope. 

"I finished."

As I thought, this poor wolf did not even stand a chance before having his head cute. 

Well. Time to continue. 

Frankly not in good mood right now. Flunked my 5th semester. Most likely will flunk the 6th one. My make up test are on the 15th and last until the end of the month. Thankfully I didn't flunk everything so I have some leeway. Anyway my release may or may not be affected. I will see how it goes. I rather not make any promises. Anyway good new is that patreon are now ahead by 9 chapter. I guess there's that. I will try to bring it even higher.

117