CH 28: UPGRADE
3.9k 23 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hello Akira-dono, Shuka, I see that this time you weren't late."

The one who was talking in such a stiff way was of course Saeko Busujima. 

"Kya! Unhand me, crazy woman." 

"My my my, Saeko you are such a downer. Anyway, Shuka-Chan is as cute as always, Kira don't you think so?" 

I let out a bitter smile as I saw Yumeko hug my sister from the back. For some weird reason, Shuka did not really like her, but Yumeko was absolutely crazy about her.

"Fufufu~! Darling is as sexy as always."

The blushing girl who was daydreaming with stars in her eyes as she held her cheek was without a doubt, Anna. 

Frankly, she was both the easiest and most difficult of the lot. But well, she was cute and sexy. What could I say? 

Well, it wasn't only her, the three of them were wearing clothes rather fitting. A black skirt and a red top for Yumeko, a long white robe for Anna, and a jeans with a blue shirt for Saeko. 

As for me, I was also wearing a pair of jeans, but with a white T-shirt and a black jacket over it. My adorable little sister was wearing a completely red dress, like the one she always wore in the anime. 

Thanking Asmodeus for this beautiful sight, I began the discussion. 

"Hello everyone. So, Yumeko. You are the one who wanted us to reunite like this today. So?" 

Yumeko gave out an impish smile as she let go of Shuka and raised the letter in her hands. 

"I just received news from my clan. It's about the opening of the little garden. Did you know it was pushed back?" 

"Huh?" 

We were all surprised at those words. The Hundred Devouring Families, also known as the Momobami Clan, are a conglomerate of various and powerful branch families that are related to each other. 

They are all extremely wealthy and have their surnames ending with the suffix "-bami", which means "devouring" in Japanese. Like Jabami or Yobami or Mushibami. Anyway you get the gist

It wasn't weird for such clans to get important new faster than the others. But still, I was surprised, 

"What happened?"

Even Anna, who usually had her head in the clouds wore a serious expression. 

Yumeko on the other hand shrugged as she said, "I don't really know. This message came from one of my relatives, Terano Totobami. She is a powerful Miko." 

'Oh? In the anime, it is the girl in the wheelchair. So she is a Miko here. Well..' 

Yumeko continued, "She got some kind of revelation not long ago. It seems like three months ago the gods felt like something intruded in this world. They refused to open the door since then, saying that they wouldn't allow a large-scale entry anytime soon."

'Three months ago?' 

{Fufufu~! It's as you think master. There are two gods who usually play the die of fate when adventurers enter a dungeon. Truth and Illusion. By interfering with a dungeon for our own intention we basically declared a fight against them. Fufufu~!} 

I had to keep myself from face-palming. Well, not like it really mattered. 

I wasn't worried in the slightest about my status as a warlock. 

You know, there's this stupid clichè where mc hides some kind of identity and one day in the most important moments that identity gets revealed and we then have an entire arc about the mc trying to get back the truth he lost. Generally by being wounded while saving the or one of the female leads. 

Well, no way I will live through such a situation. 

The very next day I became a warlock, I went to Mamako and discussed with her about my new power. 

The witch-cult was without a doubt a dark guild, but witches themselves weren't particularly hated or despised. 

This was mainly thanks to the weak religious beliefs of this side of the world. Witches and warlocks were basically just praying to different kind of gods. 

The fact that those gods represented fear, pain, and destruction was just a little quirk. Not like Hindu didn't pray to world-destroyer entities. 

So the consensus was simple. 

The practice of witchcraft wasn't a crime. The only obligation was that all witches or warlocks had to declare themselves in their respective governments( or kingdom if they were from the other side) and pass a psychological test. 

Thankfully I didn't have to pass this test thanks to Mamako and Irene vouching for me. I didn't know what kind of results I would have but I feared they would be awed by how sane I was and lower the threshold for allowing witches to walk unhindered. 

{By the way, why is it that after 400 years, no one seems to know that even between all the witches and warlocks, there were nine who directly received your blessings.}

She hummed, always felt weird to hear humming in my head, 

{The nine are rather smart. They never really explained their status. So people simply think that they are especially powerful entities who delved further into the craft. Few, if basically anyone knows about the witch factor aside from the witches themselves and nowadays, the Archbishops.}

This was good enough for me. I did not wish to be kidnapped and dissected. 

When I finished my discussion, I was surprised to see that the field had fallen silent. Raising my head, I was surprised to see that all their gaze were concentrated on me, 

"I am sorry, I got lost in thoughts. Anyway, the little garden won't open. So, what do we do?" 

Initially, we were supposed to all enter together and see if any of us could receive a blessing. Though I doubted I would receive anything now that I had an authority. 

Well, most of us weren't particularly disappointed. Aside from Yumeko who had a frown on her face. 

The only reason Yumeko wanted to enter that world was that she heard that the little garden was a place where one could gamble their special abilities or blessing. 

Neither Anna nor Saeko were particularly interested since their own abilities were already powerful and Shuka didn't even want to go. 

As for me? Heh, I didn't really need it either. After all, 

----

Name: Akira Karino

Affiliation: Karino clan, Witches of sin, Cult of the old ones

Alias: Warlock of sin, Warlock of Melancholy 

Race: Human

Age: 14

Specialties:

Abilities: Eyes of truth, Hinokagutsuchi, Perfect body 

Authority: Melancholy 

---

Strength: E

Speed: D

Agility: D

Dexterity: D

Endurance: E

Mana: B

 

[Eyes of the truth

Class:?? 

A skill that allows you to see danger in the form of color and observe people. A devolved form of the nine eyes. 

Green= No danger

Yellow= Attention required 

Orange= Do not approach 

Red= Immédiate retrait recommended 

Black= Flees like a bitch] 

[Hinokagutsuchi 

Class:?? 

Allows the user to reproduce in his hands any object that he has touched before.]

[Perfect body

Class:?? 

The potential to become the strongest. This skill allows the body to surpass the peak of humanity, the only limits being the amount of effort the user is willing to give.

 

[Perfect body

Class:??

The potential to become the strongest. This skill allows the body to surpass the peak of humanity, the only limits being the amount of effort the user is willing to give.]

[Authority of Melancholy, 

Class: Ex

An authority bestowed by the great old ones to those who absorbed witches factor. The power born from the sin of Melancholia, allows the user to manipulate gravity, heat and shadow.]

---

I now reached the domain of super human. 


I decided to make a game. About the identity of the mysterious sister. Each time I post I will add a hint. If before a certain time(I will decide a number soon) someone manage to guess who she is I will give a bonus chapter.

So last time I already said that the girl was powerful in her own anime and wasn't originally a Oni.

This time I will add that she has something in common with one of the the twin.

Also pretty sad. Lost 7 patreon in one go. Went from 23 to 16

105