Ch.9. The New Biju?! (Pt.2)
6.6k 4 137
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a forest clearing a distance away from the Leaf village, a disturbance suddenly appeared.

*Boom*

The Kyuubi suddenly dropped on the unsuspecting forest as trees snapped and fell under the weight of his body and tails. It twitched once it landed on the ground, but it still hadn't woken up from Kaya's barrage.

The 4th Hokage also appeared a distance away from the fox. He was not alone as he also teleported his wife and newborn son. Kushina Uzumaki looked very pale as she struggled to even breathe properly. Her tender gaze on her son, Naruto, never faltered as she looked to Minato.

"Kushina, we have to seal the Kyuubi."

" I know."

Minato watched her as she watched Naruto's sleeping face in her arms. His face turned grim as she asked him a dreaded question.

"You plan to use Naruto to seal him?"

Minato couldn't help, but feel guilty. His son was only hours old, yet had to bear such a responsibility.

"....Yes."

The two were silent as even the world didn't interfere in their decision. 

Minato didn't miss Kushina's tightening grip on Naruto, nor the worry on her face. He wished he had more options, but the strongest Biju laid only a short distance away from them, ready to wake at anytime.

He had to take this opportunity to ensure the beast was sealed, no matter the cost!

He cursed the fact that children who developed with mother's that held a Biju would grow to be perfect containers for the beast. 

Kushina looked up from Naruto's sleeping face, and could see the determined look on Minato's face. She knew what that look meant, and started to frown.

"You're not thinking of sacrificing yourself, are you?"

The 4th Hokage flinched at those words. Kushina's frown deepened.

"I just... I thought if I take a part of the Kyuubi instead of you-"

"You'll die if you use that jutsu!"

Kushina couldn't help yelling at this blonde idiot. Her hair threatened to flare up if he thought to take that wretched fate. She knew he feared her anger, but she also knew how serious the situation was.

He didn't flinch at all seeing her getting angry. 

"If I take a part of it and Naruto gets the other, you can live with him and watch him grow up.

She faltered. She wanted nothing more than to nurture her little boy. 

She remembered Kaya and her little son, Hii. His cute face awoke anticipation for her own child, and he was right here! 

She didn't want to leave him so soon!

Minato saw he had the upper hand, and went to finish the fight!

"It's fine for me to sacrifice myself for the village. They helped make me. You helped make me who I am today. I can at least die with no regrets knowing you two are safe."

Kushina didn't say anything to his words as she looked back down at Naruto.

"Besides..."

Minato's smile became strained as he thought of another problem.

"Kaya would kill me if you somehow died and I lived."

"Pft!"

Kushina couldn't hold back her laughter as she also nearly forgot about their dreaded "Big Sister".

" She would definitely kick your ass! Hahaha!"

Minato smiled wryly as he remembered the last time it happened. He thought he could teleport away and it would blow over, but he never expected his punishement would build interest! 

It made for an interesting tale for the village.

Kushina kept snickering as she also remembered that incident. 

Minato felt a shiver crawl up his spine as he shook his head.

His eyes regained his determination as he realised even if he was gone, Kushina would be safe.

He started to stand when he soon heard a sound that startled him.

He definitely didn't want to hear this sound.

*clink clink clink*

Chains shot out of Kushina's back and swarmed towards the Kyuubi. They began to wrap and restrain it lightly in case it woke up.

"Kushina!"

Minato could see her face growing paler, but her determination didn't wither. Her face was the same as Kaya's.

"Hold Naruto for me."

The order was given, so he could only obey. Minato sighed as he took little Naruto in his arms. 

He could feel Kushina's arms shaking as her strength stubbornly held on as he took their son. 

He sighed and made a handsign.

*poof*.

A small altar with cushion appeared nearby, with candles and markings all around it.

Kushina bit her lip when she saw the Altar, but didn't say anything.

Minato placed Naruto on the altar and gently caressed his head.

He then walked over next to Kushina and looked at her. She looked back, her stubborn resolve firm. He sighed as he clasped his hands together.

"I take one half, and you take the other to Naruto?"

"No! I'll take it! Naruto doesn't need to have the life I had."

Kushina was bitter at the moment. She could feel she couldn't take the Kyuubi all on her own, but she didn't want her husband to sacrifice his life and not be with their son.

She knew, however, that they had to protect the village. Their Big sister was there and all the others they held dear.

She gritted her teeth and prepared herself when she noticed something...odd.

Her legs that felt like jelly before now felt...firm. She could feel strength returning to her, but she couldn't figure out how. 

It was then that she realized the sensation that she overlooked. 

'This feeling. Its just like!'

She gasped as she stood up, surprising herself as she didn't even realize she had the strength to do that.

She turned to Minato, realizing he hadn't noticed the oddity as his gaze grew stern. She felt it as well as her chains jostled.

The Kyuubi was waking up.

They had to act before he could gather himself. 

She prepared to strenghten her chain, but soon paused.

'Shit! It nearly slipped my mind!'

"Mina-!"

She tried to stop him, but she was too late. The last handsign was made and the technique she didn't want to see Minato use was complete.

Sealing technique: Reaper death seal!

Minato didn't look at her as he blocked out everything except the Kyuubi's movements.

He prepared to seal as much of the Kyuubi as he could at the cost of his life!

He readied himself to begin, but he suddenly felt the drag on his soul disappear.

"What?! The jutsu-?!"

"Minato!"

The shriek from his wife jolted him out of his confusion as he hurriedly turned to her.

Her face was a sight to behold. Her mouth agape as she witnessed something bizarre happening.

She could see the Shinigami of the Reaper death seal!

That wasn't even the most important thing!

The strangest part of what she was seeing was the large black wolf with no eyes!

It was trying to devour the reaper?!!!

137