Ch.30. Lightning Style!
4.3k 27 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This week.... was hell!!

Grandma wouldn't let me train at all! No Shadow clones! No Waterball!! I couldn't even read a book about anything with any kind of Jutsu!

She only gave me a cookbook!!

I helped make food, I gave her and Grandpa a shoulder massage every day, and I just.....had to sit there. She'd smack me if she sensed any chakra forming from my body.

It was torture.

All that time wasted and I couldn't do anything! Ugh!!

[Well, it's not all bad. You've gotten a bit good at cooking.]

Cooking is the only thing I could look forward to that I could train in. Timings for fire and flipping techniques are just as fun as a battle at this point.

It was kind of funny to see the villagers and ninjas who knew Grandpa and Grandma freak out when they had all their limbs back. Their faces made it totally worth it.

Grandpa has been finishing orders at breakneck speed and Dad has never been happier.

He always wanted to learn Grandpa's techniques the official way as opposed to the salvaged technique with one arm. 

Now Dad can see the techniques in their entirety. His work has been getting better and better.

I saw a ninja taking a box of three pronged kunai from Dad to the Hokage building. I guess Minato still has Dad make his weapons. I wonder what he needs that many kunai for though?

[......]

'Akumu?'

[Yeah?]

'You ok? You blanked for a bit.'

[I'm fine. It's just.... I'll probably have to go again soon.]

'Why?!'

[A limited time item is up for grabs. I can't miss it!]

Haaa. Akumu won't tell me what's really happening again. 

'Is it why Mom is gone?'

[Probably related to it.]

'I see. Tell me when you go. I'll get strong enough to accompany you soon.'

Tomorrow is the end of the ban. I'll get back to training with Itachi,Maka,and Sasuke! It'll be great!!

*******

"Hii."

Oh boy.

Grandpa caught me mid step out of the door!

He doesn't need a shoulder massage again, does he?

"In trouble?"

"Well, he did hurt himself really bad. I wouldn't let it go so easily."

And the twins are not helping!

Grandpa shakes his head and points to himself.

"You train with me today."

I...don't have a problem with that.

I wait for Grandpa to finish his breakfast as I wash the empty dishes.

Damn punishment. I'm reflexively cleaning now.

Whatever. Let's just get them squeaky clean.

"I'm done."

Grandpa finishes his meal and puts the plate in the sink. 

"Leave the dishes to Riku. You come with me."

"Ok!"

"Hey, Grandpa! Can we come too?!"

Moya asks with excitement while Yozora nods in agreement.

Grandpa shakes his head.

"No. You train with Grandma."

"Awww! Why Not?!"

Grandpa raised his hand.

*Chi Chi Chi*

Sparks of electricity dance around his hand and disappear as he clenches his fist.

"You don't have this. Only Hii does."

The two look on with sad faces as Grandma nods her head.

"Don't feel left out, you two. Grandma has just as much skill as Grandpa."

Grandpa nods his head, grabs a nearby ninja pouch, and starts to head out the door.

"See you guys later."

"Umu."

"Yea. Bye Grandpa. Bye Hii-nii."

The twins look a little disheartened, but I'm sure Grandma will have them excited soon enough.

******

We head to the nearby training ground and Grandpa tells me to sit down.

"Hii."

"Yes, Grandpa!"

Grandpa takes a deep breath and exhales. His gaze grows sharp like a blade as his mouth opens.

"You must know that what I'm going to teach you is not just a technique, but our heritage. Our family developed this Kenjutsu and it became one of the top Jutsu of the Cloud village in its time. Once you've learned it, use it with pride and conviction towards your missions and goals! Understood?"

"Yes, Grandpa!"

I've never heard Grandpa talk so much before! I'm excited to learn what he knows!

"You've already learned the first level of my katas, so now you'll learn how to use your Lightning Nature to access the second level."

Grandpa hand starts to spark with electriticy once again as he explains.

"How you change your chakra to Lightning Release is by making it vibrate at high speed. The higher the speed, the more powerful the lightning."

I see the lightning changed from a few sparks to his entire hand being coated in lightning!

So cool!!

"I know you've learned how to use Water release to some extent, so this shouldn't be too hard for you. Just try practicing today to see if you can manifest it."

I nod my head, but soon a thought crossed my mind.

"Grandpa? Can I use Shadow clones as well?"

Grandpa nodded his head and I got excited!

I make the handsign, but how many I should use? Four should be good enough!

Shadow Clone Jutsu!

*Poof Poof Poof Poof*

Four clones appeared nearby and sat down and meditated. I also sat down and think about how Grandpa said I should move my chakra.

I manipulate my chakra to vibrate slowly. I'll have to increase it over time to get fast enough for sparks. 

An hour passes and Grandpa calls me.

"Hii. Spar with me. I want to see the skills you've developed so far."

I nod as I draw my practice sword.

I leave my clones to continue to practice as I rush towards him.

I swing my blades like I'm facing Itachi, but Grandpa just repels the attack like it's nothing!

"Our family's style of Kenjutsu is called the Stormblade. Just like a lightning filled cloud, it blocks all attacks and counter viciously like lightning.The more disordered the rhythm of the opponent, the more chances you have to end the fight cleanly and swiftly."

 I listened to Grandpa and attacked again and again. My attacks went nowhere, even though I tried all sorts of techniques. 

I tried to give him a over head smash with my blade, so I raised my sword over my head.

Grandpa saw the swing coming and dodged it with the least amount of effort. His blade then swung to the side of my neck in the less than a second! I couldn't do anything! My blade just finished its swing when he cut!!

As the blade was near me, I couldn't help but notice how my Grandpa's blade was glowing with crackling chakra.

"Coating your blade with Lightning chakra sharpens it, but could also make it longer."

I watched as the edge of his practice blade extended out an extra 2 feet! That's definetly for surprise attacks.

His blade stopped glowing and he put his sword away. He closed his eyes and nodded his head as he looked at me with a proud expression on his face.

"You've mastered the basics of the Stormblade. You have to get Lightning Style to perfection to move on to the next step. And if I'm lucky...."

"If you're lucky?"

Grandpa didn't continue and rubbed my head.

"Don't worry about that now. Focus on getting the hang of vibrating your chakra first."

Grandpa left me to meditate while he swung the practice sword around. His moves look so gentle, but I can sort of sense a hidden intent in the motions. 

Oooooh~! I want to learn it!

[Stop smiling and get to work.]

'Ah! My bad.'

I need to stop gawking like that. I focus back on my training to get Lightning Style so I can learn those moves.

Hehehe!!! I can't wait!

*******

In another training area,

Grandma Riku had the twins go into meditation on the firmness and structure of a newly created cliff. A soft breeze quietly blew by as Moya snored and Yozora tried to grasp how Grandma made the cliff.

'Sheesh! I thought Moya would be just like me with this, but...'

Riku watched the drool on her granddaughter's lips plop down in a steady rhythm.

'....Was I that bad when I was younger?'

Riku thought more on the subject, but quickly refuted since it didn't matter anymore.

Those years were long gone.

'Hm?'

Riku turned slowly to a tree nearby and sensed a presence.

'Oh! What's he doing here?'

Riku could tell the person was looking at her and gestured him to come over.

*Swish*

Out of the trees came an Anbu soldier with a Dog mask over his face. 

"Greetings, Riku-san. I have a message from Hokage-sama!"

Riku just silently went to the kneeled Anbu and ruffled his head.

"S-Stop it, Oba-san. I'm on a mission."

"Hmph! You call me Oba-san now, huh? Tell me while I'm doing this as punishment."

Kakashi couldn't hold his sigh in as he regretted losing in Janken.

He'd get Tenzo back later!

"I have a message from Kaya-san and the 4th Hokage, Ma'am."

Riku's was interested in the information, but that didn't stop her hands.

"Well dear, You better get to talking then."

Kakashi nodded his head and stood up slowly. He moved his head to Riku's ear as he delivered the message.

Moments later, Kakashi finished delivering the message and prepared to leave, but hesitated.

"You....have your leg back?!"

"Hohoho! I'm not the only one back at full capacity. Do come by sometime. The twins and Hii would love to meet you."

"....I'll think about it."

Riku's face became stern.

"Don't think about it! Do it! As if you're a stranger in our home! Di will definitely rip into you since you stopped doing Kenjutsu for silly reasons! You don't even come by anymore as if we don't allow you to come! I'll drag you over next time I see you since you feel like you're intruding! And another thing!"

"Ah! The Hokage is calling me! I have to go now, Oba-san!"

Kakashi quickly flickered away as Riku scoffed at his excuse.

"Hmph! As if Minato-chan would care if I nag you!"

Riku shook her head as she looked up at the sky. 

*tssssss*

A vague sizzling could be heard as grass near Riku's feet slowly turned to ash. 

Riku had a long forgotten, dreadful smile on her face.

"Looks like we've come out of retirement at the right time. I can't wait to move these old bones~."

Riku calmed her chakra and watched over the twins again. Moya was still sleep!

She sighed and struck Moya in the back of the head with a nearby pebble.

"Uwah!"

She fell forward and hit her head hard on the ground.

"Ooooooowwww....."

"Haaaa. There's a long way to go before you get strong."

110