253. Cookie
4.6k 6 85
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Uchiha Compounds,

At Izuna's house,

Haah… Haaah…

Ayaka is repeatedly swinging a Katana in a forward slash. Akira is observing her from the side.

"Your posture is still too stiff. There is still a lack of coordination between your blade and body. The blade should act as an extension of your arm. Just incorporate this in your practice." He instructs her.

"Yes, Dad!" Ayaka nods her head as a drop of sweat trickles down from her forehead.

Akira stares at her resolute expression and nods his head.

'Izuna was too much of a genius. I never got a chance to train him seriously. He just comprehended everything at such a rate that it took the joy out of teaching. However, I can keep up with Ayaka's learning pace.'

"Alright! That's enough practice for today." Akira stops her.

"But Dad! I can keep going." Ayaka protests.

"No, means no!" Akira flickers behind her and seizes the katana from her hands.

"You shouldn't exhaust yourself from excessive training." Akira pats her head.

"Ok! Dad." Ayaka mumbles.

"Ayaka! Ayaka!"

A loud voice interrupts them.

"Oh! It's Aunt Kushina." Ayaka perks up and instantly dash towards the front yard.

"Is my cute little sweetie at home?"

"Yes, I am." Ayaka hurriedly dashes towards the door.

"Here you are!" A smile bloom on Kushina's face.

"Now give me a hug and I will give you good news." Kushina opens her arms wide.

"Ah!" Ayaka hesitates, but Kushina pulls her into her embrace and gives her a bear hug.

"So, what's the good news?" Ayaka stares at Kushina with expectation in her eyes.

"Take a guess!" Kushina raises her hands.

"Um! Is Onii-san back?" Ayaka places a hand under her chin and mimics Izuna's action.

"How cute!" Kushina pats Ayaka's head.

"Yes, your brother is back from his mission." Kushina nods her head.

After consulting with Akira and Aiko, Tsunade fabricated a lie to not break Ayaka's heart. It may cause her past trauma to resurface. Since Tsunade is the Hokage, Ayaka naturally believed the lie.

"Yay! I want to surprise Nii-san." Ayaka raises her fists.

"Then let's bake some cookies for him," Kushina suggests.

"Yes, I will bake the best cookies for him." Ayaka hurriedly dashes towards the kitchen.

"This girl! She is so energetic when it is related to his brother." Aiko shakes her head.

She turns to Kushina.

"About Izuna? Is he alright?"

"Yes! The news came from Tsunade-sama. So, he should be alright!" Kushina nods her head.

Phew…

Aiko heaves a sigh of relief.

"That boy, he worries me to no end!"

---------------

Whoosh…

Izuna and Tsunade appear in the Hokage's office.

Oink… Oink…

Tonton is startled to see them.

Whoosh…

Minato appears in the office after sensing the commotion. Mei appears with him.

"Are you alright?"

Mei hurriedly dashes towards him and gently touches his face.

"Of course, what will happen to me?" Izuna puffs his chest.

Ahem…

Tsunade clears her throat and Mei's face turns red in embarrassment.

She takes a step back and inspects Izuna.

"Umm… You look a bit different." Mei mumbles.

"I can't see the changes but I feel like you are somewhat different." She curiously stares at Izuna for answers.

"Hmm… It's true. You indeed feel a little different. I failed to notice it in the Shikkotsu forest." Tsunade also nods her head.

Minato just silently watches them from the side.

"Of course! I am different." Izuna nods his head.

"I am even more handsome than before." Izuna proudly puffs his chest.

"…"

The group rolls their eyes at Izuna's narcissist comment.

"Nothing has changed at all. This guy is still the same as ever."

Tsunade snorts and turns around.

"I have to hurry and meet Ayaka. She must be worried for me." Izuna prepares to teleport.

"Don't worry! I took care of it for you." Tsunade grumbles and explains the details.

"Thank you so much, Tsunade. I will treat you to a premium wine."

Izuna grabs Mei and teleports in front of his house.

"Don't forget your promise."

Tsunade's yells fade in distance.

---------

Whoosh…

Izuna appears in front of his house. He hurriedly dashes towards the door and yells.

"Mom! Dad! Ayaka! I am back."

"Don't yell! I am not deaf yet." Aiko furiously walks out of the house.

She stops in front of Izuna and twists his ear.

"You don't know… how worried I was for you? Even if you don't care for your well-being, at least care for the well-being of your family."

Izuna turns to Mei for help. Mei avoids his gaze.

'Looks like she is upset too. I can't avoid it, can I?'

"Mom! Where is Ayaka? Is she in the academy?" Izuna wisely diverts the topic.

Humph…

Aiko snorts and lets him off.

"Come inside first!" She beckons him.

"Ok!" Izuna follows her.

He can easily sense the location of any person he wants to search in the entire village. But out of respect for his parent's privacy, he chooses not to. Since these are the etiquettes of a ninja.

Otherwise, imagine a bunch of Hyuga's peeking through the entire village. They will be brandished as a clan of perverts rather than a clan of elites.

"Sit!" Akira sternly stares at Izuna, his expression unreadable.

Hmm…

Izuna anxiously sits on his knees as he waits for the harsh lecture about to befall him.

Sigh…

Looking at Izuna's anxious expression, Akira takes a deep breath and laughs loudly.

Haha… Aah… Aww…

Aiko elbows him to stop his laughter.

"Do you think it's funny?" She glares at him.

"Yes! I mean, NO! But I can't help myself but laugh when I noticed his expression. It has been a while since I last saw him like that. Maybe twelve years or so." Akira strokes his waist.

"Hmm… it's true. It has been a while. Time surely flies by!"

Both of them reminisce the memories. Izuna winks at Mei as he avoids the punishment from his parent.

"It's ready." Ayaka walks out of the kitchen with a tray in her hands. Her hairs are doused with flour and there are stains of cream and chocolate on her clothes.

"Ayaka!" Izuna cheers upon seeing Ayaka.

"Onii-chan!" Ayaka hurriedly throws away the oven mitts and jumps into his embrace.

"Hoh! She isn't so passionate when she hugs me." Kushina pouts and follows her.

"I missed you, Onii-chan!" Ayaka snuggles in his embrace.

"Onii-chan, Missed you too!" Izuna pats Ayaka's head.

'Angel! Ayaka is my cute little angel. All of my worries are washed away.'

"Look… Look… Onii-chan! I made some cookies for you." Ayaka beckons to him as she shoves the tray filled with black charcoal and cinders to him.

There is a little bit of cream smeared on their top which distinguishes them from the coal used to bake them.

"You made these cookies?"

Izuna has an ugly expression in his heart, but an amiable smile appears on his face.

"Of course! I made them all for you." Ayaka puffs her chest and raises his head.

Her expectful eyes wildly screams in Izuna's ears.

'Praise me! Praise me more!'

Gulp…

Izuna gulps his saliva and stretches his hands to pick up a piece of charcoal, no a piece of cookie.

"Wait!"

Ayaka stops him.

"I will pick one for you." Ayaka stretches her tiny hands and picks up a shuriken-shaped 'cookie'.

"Try this Onii-chan!"

"Al… Alright!"

Izuna weakly grabs the cookie as Ayaka expectantly stares at him.

Crunch…

He takes a bite of the cookie; the taste of cinders and ashes greets his palate.

Ayaka passionately stares at Izuna with expectation in her eyes.

"Onii-chan! How is it? Do you like it?"

Crunch… crunch…

Izuna munches on the cookie as if he is enjoying himself.

"Good! There are very good. No! they are the best cookies I ever ate." Izuna weakly mutters these words.

"Oh! If so then I will bake more cookies for you in the future."

Upon hearing these words, Izuna's expression turns pale. He perspires profusely.

Ayaka notices the sweat on Izuna's forehead.

"Onii-chan! You must be feeling hot. Let me bring some ice cream for you."

Ayaka dashes towards the kitchen.

Izuna turns his head and notices the flushed faces of Kushina, Mei, and his parents from holding their laughter.

Swish…

He waves his hand and casts a silencing seal.

Haha… Haha…

Kushina bursts out in laughter, followed by Mei and his parents.

"That's retribution for you." Mei laughs loudly.

Haha… Haha…

Kushina and his parents crack up again.

Izuna stares at them with a poker face as an evil smile slowly appears on his face.

"Onii-chan! I brought this ice cream for you."

"Oh! Thank you, Ayaka!" Izuna grabs a spoon and savors the ice cream.

"Ayaka… let others taste your cookies too. How can I be the only one to enjoy such good cookies? Remember, you should share good things with your family." Izuna gently smiles at her.

"Ah! My bad!" Ayaka smacks her head.

She picks up another cookie and passes it to Kushina, Mei, and her parents.

The expression of glee is replaced with horror as the group holds a cookie in their hand.

"Go on! Have a bite!" Izuna gently smiles at them.

Izuna's gentle voice sounds like the whisper of a devil to the rest of the group.

Gulp…

They steel their heart and swallow the cookie in one bite.

"Let me taste too!!"

Ayaka picks up a cookie and nibbles on it.

"Eek! I forgot to add sugar."

"…"


Check out my patreon and read some advance chapters
www.patreon.com/ForgottenLife

85