Promise
272 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haa..." A soft sigh came from behind Sheng Li. Hearing Xiu Mo sigh, Sheng Li felt worried and couldn't stop himself from fidgeting in his seat. Unable to stop his anxiety, Sheng Li finally couldn't take it and tentatively streched out his trembling hand to pull at Xiu Mo's sleeve.

Xiu Mo paused after feeling something pull at his sleeve. Turning his head to side only to see Sheng Li trembling like a fragile flower in the wind, Xiu Mo immediately felt a sense of alarm. Flustered, Xiu Mo was unable to figure out what was wrong. Scared that Sheng Li was in pain, Xiu Mo immediately grabbed the phone that was in his lap, readying himself in case he needed to call the doctor.

"W-what's wrong?" Xiu Mo's stuttered as he tried to keep himself from shouting at Sheng Li in panic, worried that it would scare him.

Sheng Li watched as Xiu Mo started to panic, confused and apprehensive. Sheng Li opened his mouth to speak, his voice quiet and careful, "You... you sighed, is something wrong?" Did he do something wrong?

Seeing such a careful Sheng Li, Xiu Mo felt his heart ache for him, his nose turning sour. Pausing so that he could speak properly, Xiu Mo explained, "I'm okay, it's just that I was feeling worried about a message the doctor sent me." Well, he was also worried about what he should do about Chen Gaung and Chen Fu.

Hearing Xiu Mo say something about the doctor, Sheng Li's eyes immediately darted to Xiu Mo's legs. Fear and anxiety immediately surfaced upon his eyes, the usual serene lake now a storm filled with fear and dread.

Not hearing Sheng Li's response, Xiu Mo felt a bit anxious as he looked at Sheng Li. Then, with a voice filled with suppressed emotions, Sheng Li asked, "Is it... about your injury?"

Meeting the stormy eyes of Sheng Li, Xiu Mo finally realized that Sheng Li had misunderstood. Feeling regretful at having hurt the little hamster villian, Xiu Mo couldn't stop his hands from shaking as he smoothed out Sheng Li's ruffled fur.

 Saying in a soft tone, "No, it was a report sent to me by the doctor on your condition. It said that you were malnutritioned and I worried if the food here was nutritional enough." Of course, Xiu Mo wouldn't speak of the many wounds that Sheng Li's small body harboured.

"Then... your not... hurt?" Sheng Li asked carefully, his eyes fixed on Xiu Mo's legs. 

Xiu Mo in response gave a soft and gentle tap on Sheng Li's face as he joked to lighten the mood, "What? Do you want something to happen to me?"

Scared that Xiu Mo misunderstood, Sheng Li hurriedly tried to explain himself, "N-no! No... I just was worried that you were... hurt."

Pulling the hamster villian into his embrace, Xiu Mo laughingly said, "How sweet of you. I will make sure to stay in good health so that you don't worry."

Relieved that Xiu Mo didn't misunderstand, Sheng Li's eyes shone with joy as he hugged Xiu Mo back enthusiastically as he shouted, "Then that's a promise!"

Happy to see Sheng Li reveal his childish side, Xiu Mo repeated, "En, that's a promise."

                                              –Xiu Mo's diary–

What to do... what food would be good for a hamster?

                                             –Mini theater–

Child Sheng Li: The best food for a hamster is cake!

Adult Sheng Li: The best food for a hamster is cake!

Xiu Mo: "..." Shouldn't I be the best food!? QAQ

TingTang: Don't worry~ you are the best food for Sheng Li~!

23