Past and an Unexpected List
195 6 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Warm sunlight filtered down onto Xiu Mo, softening his serious yet gentle face. His ruffled black hair adding a silly and sweet charm to him. To Sheng Li, this man was his most important person.

Before him, his most important people were his parents; people who he barely had any memory of. He also liked his adoptive family, but they didn't like him. However, Xiu Mo was different. 

Xiu Mo cherished and liked the stupid and slow Sheng Li. Who Sheng Li himself had a hard time liking. he was a bad child who constantly made mistakes and angered his other important people after all. He was a disliked person who brought misfortune to others and had killed his parents. 

He couldn't remember much about them, all he did remember was the warm embrace of a women and the tears of the same women, who he supposed was his mother.

But that didn't matter anymore. Those angry shouts and scaving remarks; those cold nights of loneliness and longing that had corroded his mind, the pain of losing and gaining, it all didn't matter anymore. It still hurt, but it would all be okay now.

His important person was strong and silly, he also liked to pat his head and say weird things, but he was Sheng Li's most favorite person. However for some reason, Sheng Li just couldn't relax. His most important person was... hurt. Didn't his mother and father get hurt? Didn't they leave him? 

Didn't his adoptive family dislike him because he hurt his parents? Didn't they try to leave him because of that? What if... Xiu Mo also left...?

Sheng Li felt both scared and guilty thinking like that. He was scared of losing Xiu Mo but also felt guilty thinking like that. He didn't know why, he just did. So soon enough, he became very concerned about Xiu Mo's legs, after all they were hurt.

But would it be okay to tell Xiu Mo his thoughts..?

...He trusted Xiu Mo, Xiu Mo was his most important person who he should trust and respect. So why was he so afraid?

"Do my legs concern you that much?"

Sheng Li's thoughts seemed to slow for a split second at that question, his mind drawing a blank. Thoughts and anxieties soon flooded his mind, twisting and writhing in his gut. Fear and guilt squirmed into his throat, blocking the words that were about to come out of his mouth.

Sheng Li swallowed nervously as if to swallow his fear and guilt back down to the depths of his stomach, his lips faintly trembling. 

Xiu Mo saw Sheng Li's anxiousness, and since he didn't want to push Sheng Li too hard, he said, "Since it concerns you alot, let me tell you how they became like this." 

Sheng Li visibly paused, his long and delicate eyelashes trembling gently like the fluttering wings of a butterfly. Xiu Mo watched all of this, trying to capture all of Sheng Li's small reactions as if by doing this he could magically read Sheng Li's thoughts.

Sighing gently, Xiu Mo began to explain, his tone unhurried as he spoke slowly. "To put it simply, I had been in a accident. This accident was also the one that... killed my father." 

Xiu Mo had been only three at that time, his mother in this world was much like his mother in his past life, though alot colder while his father was a warm and amiable man. His mother had gone on a business trip, and to make it up to Xiu Mo, his father promised to take him somewhere fun. This place being a beautiful cliffside trail were he would often take Xiu Mo's mother when she was pregnant.

They had made this small trip in the middle of winter, the road slick with ice. At that time, they had been driving on a road just by a cliff when a large tree suddenly tumbled down from the mountain above them. In order to advoid it, his father had swerved and because of the ice he and his father had been sent right off the cliff.

Thinking about it now, the tree probably hadn't fallen down by accident.

His father had died while trying to protect Xiu Mo with his body. The Xiu Mo at that time had tried any and everything he could, but his small and helpless body just couldn't do anything. The flames of the burning car grew hotter and hotter as they climbed higher and higher, but he couldn't even move his father's corpse away from the fire. Helplessly, Xiu Mo tried to wander around yelling for help but his young body just couldn't take it. Hunger and frostbite soon set in, his legs that had been injured in the fall getting the worst of it.

He eventually got rescued, but by then, his legs were too far gone. It was terrifying to not be able to stand up or feel his legs anymore, especially in such a dangerouse environment, but still he tried to yell for help. What else could he do?

Of course, he didn't go into so much detail when he explained all of this to Sheng Li, though it didn't stop him from almost crying in distress for Xiu Mo.

"Shhh, it's okay to cry but aren't you too silly crying because of that?" Xiu Mo tried to console the cute hamster villian, joking to him gently. However the flushed faced Sheng Li just pouted even more in response. Pearl like tears coated Sheng Li's soft and long eyelashes, making him appear more pitiful and coquettish.

Xiu Mo, "Can I yell?"

Sheng Li, "???"

"Hah, you're too cute. What if someone tries to steal you?" Xiu Mo lamented as he sighed, not at all showing off how cute his Sheng Li is.

"They won't! I should be the one worried..." Sheng Li quickly tried to cheer up Xiu Mo, saying the latter half in a small voice.

But Xiu Mo still heard it, and he really felt liking laughing in response. What was this, a compliment battle? Well, Sheng Li seemed rather good at it.

"Ah, that reminds me. Sheng Li, your birthday is soon, what would you like as a present?" Xiu Mo asked with a gentle smile, his eyes curving in joy.

"...Huh?" Sheng Li looked blankly at Xiu Mo, his stupefied face making Xiu Mo want to hug him. And so... Xiu Mo did just that.

While hugging and rubbing the cute hamster Sheng Li, Xiu Mo continued with his earlier line of questioning. "So what would you like as a birthday gift?"

Sheng Li finally snapped out of his blank state of confusion. Titling his head to the side as his lips unconsciously pursed into a pout, he looked up through his long eyelashes as he asked, "Birthday present? I thought only good boys get birthday presents." No one had talked or asked him about his birthday in so long that he had almost completely forgot about it.

Xiu Mo, "%&#@$!%" 

Sheng Li, "???"

"Don't worry Sheng Li, you are the goodest boy I've ever seen! Since you're so good, you deserve all of the birthday presents! Whatever you ask for, you'll receive! You get all the paper you can get, I want to see a list of things you want or want to do thats at least as long as I am!" Xiu Mo yelled as he playfully put on a stern and arrogant expression.

In the end, the cute Sheng Li couldn't think of anything so he was sent to sit on the couch with a thick blanket covering him and a warm cup of coco while Xiu Mo sat there beside him trying to brainstorm out a list of ideas for Sheng Li's birthday. Occasionally he would ask for Sheng Li's opinion, but later he stopped asking because he realized that Sheng Li was just agreeing to all of his ideas. One thing Xiu Mo did find out though was that Sheng Li really liked hot chocolate.

Sigh, it was so hard trying to communicate with a little hamster who was a sugar fanatic.

                                             –Xiu Mo's diary–

What to get for Sheng Li's birthday?

(Long list of ideas, half of them being sweets.)

                                           –Sheng Li's diary–

Birthday requests: Sheng Li & Xiu Mo

Big hamster Gege: I want Mo Mo to let me eat cake-

Mo Mo: QAQ is cake better than me!?

Big hamster Gege: -off of him for my birthday.

Mo Mo: Take out the cake and i'll also were a maid outfit.

Big hamster Gege: Then what to eat?

Mo Mo: Just! Eat! Me!

Small hamster meimei: ???

                                         –TingTang's diary–

Sheng Li hamster brings you to his nest, inside are his treasures!

Inside is: Different bits of cake he's tried and saving for later, his diary, Xiu Mo's black card, a comfy blanket, a opened box of chocolate, Xiu Mo, the clothes Xiu Mo gave him, more cake, and a muffin. 

19