Arc II – Chapter 29: The evil that’s to come
1.5k 6 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at Illianna who was still babbling and bragging, Sian said. "Has anyone ever said how annoying you are?"

"Personally, I find you more annoying." She replied.

"No, you can't even compare, you are much more." He retorted.

“Even if you say that, all you have to do is analyze yourself, and it is quite obvious that it is the opposite. But since you seem to have difficulty realizing it, I'm going to name three reasons for you." Listing on her fingers, she continued. "First, you have a fickle personality, second, you act irrationally on a recurring basis and third, you often act like a spoiled brat."

At Illianna's words, Sian remained silent. It wasn't like he didn't want to deny it, but he knew that continuing this discussion was meaningless.

'Now I understand why her sisters were trying to get rid of her. Hmm, stopping to think, instead of being a gift to me, I think they were preparing a punishment… ’

Unaware of his thoughts, she said. “Anyway, regarding the construction of the inn, so that you won't be surprised later, I will immediately warn you in advance that I will need several materials, mainly magic cores for magic tools. I will also need magic recovery potions, because my ability consumes a lot of mana.”

"No problem and about the mana, I can transfer it to you." Sian replied.

"But I will need an absurd amount of mana."

"No problem, I have plenty of it."

"In that case, I will not include the potions when I go to prepare the list with the materials you need to get." Illianna said. "Is there anything else you want to know about?"

"I have, but now we are going back, spending so much time with you has consumed almost all my sanity." Putting his hand on his belly, he continued. "And it's also time for breakfast, but before we get back, we'll go through the center, I need to buy some things."

As they walked, unlike before, Sian was no longer walking so fast, making it possible for Illianna to reach him without difficulty.

"Are there many reincarnated people like you?" He asked.

“Probably, but I'm not sure. All I could understand is that the shadow wanted me to use my skills to do good." Swerving from a puddle of mud with questionable smell, Illianna continued. "And apparently she's not the only one."

"Why do you think that?"

"Because she said, 'In exchange for your second life, we hope you will use your skills to help us fight the evil that is to come'." With a thoughtful look, Illianna continued. "Taking that phrase and the skills I received into account, I can only assume that that shadow was probably a God."

"It is possible, after all, there are several distinct gods." Sian said. "But what is this evil that the shadow spoke of?"

“I don't know, she just told me that I would know when the time came. By the way, I think that Marquis's daughter is a reincarnated like me.”

“Charlotte?!” Sian was surprised. "Why do you think that?"

"Because in recent years she's been revolutionizing and innovating with things that were commonplace in my old world. Normally, I wouldn’t have paid attention to it, but since she’s been doing it since she was a child, everything gets very suspicious. ”

“In fact, whenever I hear rumors about her, it's about how amazing she is with her innovative ideas. But if you are in a similar situation, why didn’t you do the same thing? ”

“Because unlike her father, my father wouldn't let me do anything. He claimed that women served only to give birth and create connections between families. Because of him, the world didn’t have the opportunity to be blessed with my brilliance.” With a sigh, she said. "He is the former Duke of your territory, you could at least have done a little research and know how horrible he was."

"Whatever."

When they reached the center, what they could see on the street besides the clay, was the dirt of yesterday's fair. Where it had been the main site of the fair, there were hardly any stalls, so the variety of products for sale was clearly inferior. But since Sian wasn't looking for anything extraordinary, he easily found what he wanted.

Almond oil.

This was a recommendation from the Sacred Treasure. Apparently it is good for the skin and also serves as a lubricant for adults to use, so he intended to buy and give it to Ophilia as a gift.

Without wasting any more time, they went back to the inn and had breakfast.

While Illianna kept completing some missing details in the inn's blueprint, Sian, along with Ophilia, took Emily to play at the orphanage. Seeing Ophilia's joyous expression as she watched Emily having fun was priceless for Sian.

But there was something that was bothering him. For some unknown reason, the children seemed to look at him strangely as they spoke to Emily. Since he was also an orphan, he thought they were just curious about the person who adopted one of them, so he ignored them.

To his surprise, while happily chatting with Ophilia, he discovered that Charlotte was still there, but as she was quite busy, she gave a brief greeting and said goodbye. After thinking a little, Sian came to the conclusion that she was probably still there because of him.

But putting that aside, he deviated some of the pleasant conversation he was having with Ophilia and told her what had happened to Badonis. Although a bit disappointed with the situation, she could do nothing but wait.

Around noon, they returned to lunch and went to their room. After a short break for the afternoon nap, Sian went to where Illianna was.

"Were you able to complete the blueprint?"

“Yes.” She handed him a bunch of papers.

"It looks like you weren't lying, you really put a lot of effort into it. But what would that be like? I see that there are many floors here.” He said as he flipped through the papers.

Receiving the blueprint from Sian, she spread it out on the table and began to explain it in detail to him.

“It's simple, 8 floors above the ground and 2 below, 10 floors in total.

The first underground floor is where the guests' slaves will stay. The second underground floor is the warehouse where the stock will be stored.

The first floor, which is also called the ground floor, is where the latrines, saunas, bathing spaces with a hot spring and leisure space for guests and customers will be. As there are so many things, the area will be 1.5 times larger than the other floors.

The 2nd floor will be the restaurant which can also be used for balls.

The 3rd floor will also be a restaurant, but with private rooms.

Floors 4, 5 and 6 will be rooms for rent, each of which will have latrines and a shared bathroom space.

The 7th will be for luxurious parties, which can also be rented.

And the eighth is for you.”

"An entire floor just for me?" Sian asked confused.

"With how lustful you are, I'm sure you'll have a lot of wives, so you'll need a lot of rooms." She said with conviction.

"I can't deny that..."

With a satisfied face, she continued. "We will need to build a stable for customers' carriages and horses, and also accommodation for employees."

“I must say that you are really impressive. Even with the help of the Sacred Treasure, I don't think I would be able to do something so well planned. But being so big, my intention to complete it in a month will not be realized...”

“Not necessarily, before I said that I would only be in charge of making the blueprint. But since you already know my skills, you should know that it wouldn't take me long to build something like this as long as you give me the necessary support.”

"Do you mean your Create Objects skill?"

"That's right."

"So can you create everything on that blueprint?" Sian asked in surprise.

“Yes, but not all at once. I need to go in parts.”

"In that case, we start tomorrow." He said excitedly.

After that, fulfilling what she had promised, Illianna shrewdly convinced Ophilia to let her take Emily out to play. And with that, the newlyweds would have a little time to celebrate the long-awaited reunion with their daughter.

But before Illianna went with Emily to the orphanage, Sian discreetly used the slavery contract and forbade her to do anything harmful to her.

Although she said there was no need, he didn't want to take any chances.

With the afternoon just for the two of them to enjoy, Sian looked at Ophilia and said. "Now that we have time, how about we do as she said and celebrate just the two of us?"

With a bright smile on her face, Ophilia said. "We can start whenever you want."

44