Arc III – Chapter 71: More Girls (part 2)
626 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Even if the demon that just appeared was giving the feeling of 'I want to be your friend', for normal people, she can still be scary.

Although I called her a demon, that doesn't mean that all demons are evil, heartless beings who kill everything in sight.

Demons, half-orcs, half-goblins and various other races out there are all beastkins. But because they are so different, both in appearance and behavior, people have come to classify them all as sentient monsters.

The demon in front of me was of a species I never saw in the books of my father's mansion. Although it resembled the blue demon race, it differed greatly from the illustration in the book.

She was slim and tall, probably a few inches taller than me. Like the other two girls, her body was filled with nice curves.

Her skin had a bluish-gray tone, as she was wearing a revealing outfit, it was possible to see a few patterns of tattoos slightly darker than her skin spread across her body.

On her arms, from the elbow down, she had something that looked like a long glove of a deep blue color, at the tips of her fingers, the deep blue became lighter. From the looks of it, it was obvious that it was part of her body. On her legs, from the knee down, there was something similar.

Although she had a pair of horns on her forehead, they were not big and long, it was the opposite. They were short with a dark blue tint and were lighter at the tips.

Although her long hair is vibrant light blue, her overall appearance was nothing like that of the bald blue demons.

Again, I'm not a prejudiced person, but from my knowledge, it was preferable to avoid anything in nature that has a strong, eye-catching coloration. She is probably some kind of poisonous demon. At the very least, she could be extremely dangerous.

As if to prove my hunch, my skills cannot measure up to her strength.

Or rather, it does, but it shows she as level 1.

But this is impossible, there is no way that an adult can continue at this level.

The world is really wide…

Even though I have become stronger and my unique skills have increased in level, I cannot measure the strength of her or the other two.

There is also an important factor. Depending on the target, it seems if they hide their strength, I won't be able to analyze their information, or I might even receive false information.

As I appraised her, her blue eyes met mine. Involuntarily, my whole body froze.

Her vertical pupils were like an endless abyss that could devour me at any moment.

I felt chills running through my entire being.

After running her eyes all over my body, it didn't take long before she brought her gaze to the others. It seems that in the same way as me, she was also analyzing us.

Although my skills proved useless at the moment, I didn't need them to prove the strength of these three girls. I was sure that all of them were much stronger than my father.

In particular, this demon girl, even if I can't say for sure, she gives me a similar feeling to Sian.

While I was deep in thought, Sian had already taken Emily in his arms and tried to calm her down. Even though he had failed at first, after he offered her cookies and avocado smoothie, he eventually succeeded.

Although I have no right to opine here, I believe that if he keeps doing this instead of walking, she will soon roll around.

As for the girl that Sian was holding by the nape earlier, before I knew it, she was already behind the demon girl.

Given the silence that had turned, it seemed that I no longer had time to let my mind wander.

Since I was also rude before, I needed to set an example for the other girls.

"I apologize for my actions from earlier. My name is Illianna Martinez." Bowing my body to show sincerity, I continued, "Today's events are something new to me, so I ended up letting it show in my actions, but I hope we can get along."

Following my words, Ophilia and Francionia also apologized.

"You don't have to bother with that. Every time master brings in someone new, their reaction is always the same."

Maintaining a friendly smile, she spoke as if it was something routine.

"You two, it is good to apologize also for the way you acted. Even if you are anxious, you should behave in front of the guests."

After winning her freedom, the cowkin girl seemed to have come out of her masochistic mode.

"I apologize again for my lack of composure. As I said before, my name is Milka, but you can call me the way you find it better."

"Now it's your turn," the demon girl said as she pulled the gloomy girl off her back.

Although she seemed to want to run, the hands that held her shoulders prevented her from doing so.

"I-I-I’m sorry!"

As soon as she uttered her apology, she melted again and disappeared into the shadows.

"You forgot to introduce yourself," Sian said as he looked at his own shadow, but nothing came in response.

"Tell at least your name, otherwise, I'm going to take you out of there by force."

"Re-Rebecca!"

After the threat, the gloomy girl's voice came nervously out of Sian's shadow and then, she said nothing more.

"Well, as you can see, Becca is a shy girl. Although vampires are known as rulers of the night, she is not good at dealing with new people. I hope her manners don't bother you."

Although I already imagined that she was a vampire, when I received the confirmation, I was a little shocked.

The image I had of them is completely different.

After Sian's words, the demon girl began to introduce herself.

"My name is Dannanok, but if you prefer, you can call me Danna. As you can see, I am a demon."

According to her words, her race is night demons, or as many call them, rainbow demons. Apparently, each demon of their race is born with different colors.

Although I think it is a lot of information, she also said that all of her race are specialists in concealment and can become invisible.

But with all that, I am now one hundred percent sure that I never saw about her race in the books.

As her presentation ended, she bowed briefly to us, "Although we are of different species, I hope we can get along well."

"Now that I looked properly, master, you look different." Milka walked around Sian as she looked him up and down. "Instead of a beggar, now you look like a decent person. You look like the first time when we met."

Completely ignoring Milka's comment, which had caught my curiosity, Sian only had eyes for Emily.

"You saw that, my little princess, you don't have to worry, they are all good people."

"Wait!"

When Emily had finally worked up the courage to look at the girls, Milka's sudden scream startled her, causing her to hide her face in Sian's chest again.

 "Did you say my princess?" Milka grabbed Sian's arms and said, "You finally fell into the depths of the abyss and laid your hands on a child?"

In the tiny moment that I saw the vein in Sian's temple swell, as if it was about to explode, one of his arms moved like a blur, hitting Milka's head.

Before I could process what I had seen, Sian seemed not to have moved a muscle.

It was so fast that if I had blinked, I wouldn't have even noticed. With that said, Ophilia and Francionia who were behind him probably didn't notice anything.

"That's my daughter."

Although Sian acted as if nothing had happened, the cracks in the ground below Milka's feet showed me that this had been a strong blow.

What the hell was that?!

I did not feel a single noise or air displacement.

If I had to guess, Sian probably should have used magic to inhibit the aftershock so as not to scare Emily.

Just thinking about the possibilities, I involuntarily swallowed dryly.

I think I should ease up on my comments from now on....

"Eh? Since when?" Despite the blow, Milka seemed to have felt nothing as she had a shocked expression. "I figured it wouldn't take long to happen, but when it did, it's a bit unexpected. Ahh! Damn it!!! I got knocked back! I should have been the first to give birth to a child of yours!"

Amid Milka's wailing, Dannanok came over to Sian and wrapped her arms around him and Emily.

"It doesn't matter whose it is, if it's your daughter, it's our daughter."

"That's unfair!" Milka shouted. "I should have been the one to say that!"

"A-age."

Still in Sian's shadow, Rebecca spoke up.

"Right! For her age, you should have said it much earlier, but why only now?"

To Milka's question, Sian said, "Don't bother with the small details. Let's take the opportunity and continue with the presentations."

Taking a step back, he said, "Ophi, would you mind being the next one?"

"Not at all, dear."

After taking a step forward, Ophilia was about to speak when she was interrupted.

"Did you say dear?!"

With a penetrating look, Milka placed both hands on Ophilia's shoulders.

Pulling her by her horn, Sian said, "Well, if I have a daughter, of course I have a wife, right?"

For Sian's simple words, Milka caused a stir. It seems that although she acts normal sometimes, she is usually quite energetic.

Adding to the confusion, the vampire girl jumped out of Sian's shadow. Taking advantage of the situation where Milka was trying to hold onto him, she seemed to be trying to get a bite.

She had already given up completely on targeting his neck. It seemed that a bite anywhere was fine, but her fangs couldn't reach anything.

Although I was afraid to come initially, this visit made me open my eyes even more.

Since my strength was around level 50, I could be considered above average and a scarce power of a kingdom. For a moment, this made me happy. But now, I feel like a child in front of adults.

Even though I try hard, my eyes can barely follow their movements.

Although it is frustrating to admit, being as optimistic as possible, I couldn't even last seconds against either of the two who are cornering Sian.

Even if I say cornering, that would be pushing it a bit, because even with Emily in his arms, he didn't even seem to be taking them seriously.

In fact, he seemed to be prolonging the catch on purpose. From the moment they started moving, Emily seemed to have gone from her fear mode to her fun mode.

With every sudden movement Sian made as he ran around the room, I could hear her laughter. It's like that time with the children in the orphanage. It seems that this child likes adrenaline.

As for Dannanok, although I thought she was going to join in, she remained still as she seemed to revel in the situation.

Even if it is just my opinion, I believe that no matter where they went, all these girls would be received as honored guests. No matter the kingdom, anyone would do their best to have any of them, but still, they are here with Sian.

Even if I don't want to believe the words of the masochistic cowkin, maybe she told the truth.

If he is collecting women, considering the appearance of the girls present, the others must be beauties too. From their reaction, that is, apart from the maid from before, it doesn't look like he forced them to be here. But if that is indeed the case, the others are strong too?

*Crash*

While I was lost in thought, I saw Sian running out the broken glass window.

"You will not run away!"

Leaving a hum of air behind, Milka shot after him.

"That's unfair!"

Even as she shouted those words, Rebecca melted and silently threw herself into Milka's shadow.

While everyone in the room was speechless, Dannanok said, "It's common for them to do this, but since the master is with a child, it probably shouldn't take long. For now, let's change the room, it's turned a mess here."

As Sian was running around, we followed Dannanok and chatted while waiting for his return.

 

I made an illustration for chapter 12 and intermission 2. If you haven't seen it yet, you can take a look here and here.

If you want to see the NSFW versions, you can go to my DeviantArt page, Pixiv, or patreon, where there will be more variations and a few chapters ahead.

23