Arc IV – Chapter 113: The Queen’s Business Proposal
242 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

After the king of Poutis left, the king of Hosnein turned to Sian and asked, "You don't intend to make me rent a room too, do you?"

"You have too much money to spend," replied Sian.

"Don't be stingy," complained the king. "Whenever you visit me, you stay in my house. There is no place I forbid your entry to."

"That's not the point," Sian said. "If you want to stay, you have to pay."

"What an ungrateful son," the king shook his head disapprovingly. "All right, but regardless, I will still pay you a visit later," getting up from his chair, the king of Hosnein walked to the door. "I heard the facilities here are great, so I will enjoy my stay. Farewell."

After the king left, Sian was about to leave as well, but was stopped by Queen Joan who called out to him, "I have something to discuss with you."

Sian turned to her and said, "Go ahead."

"It's a matter that requires discretion," said the queen.

Sian looked at the employees and musicians who were watching the conversation and said, "You heard her, get out."

Having witnessed the scene minutes ago, they seemed nervous and didn't say a word as they hurriedly walked out.

Joan then glanced at Illianna, but understanding her intention, Sian said, "You can trust her."

Going to a chair closer to the queen, Sian sat back down and asked, "So, what do you want to talk about?"

"This," Joan extended her hand over the table and a rectangular silver plate appeared on it.

Having known Joan for a long time, Sian had seen her make things appear out of nowhere many times. Although she didn't have an aptitude for spatial magic, he believed it was from some magic bag.

But after spending some time with Illianna, he began to suspect, as the way Joan made things appear gave him the same feeling as Illianna's inventory.

But it could just be a coincidence, so he turned his attention to the silver plate in her hand.

"What exactly is this?" Sian asked.

"I call it a cell phone," Joan replied. "It's a magic tool for communication."

Sian took out a black cube the size of a fist from his magic bag and placed it on the table.

"If it's just a matter of communication, this one already serves my purpose," Sian said.

"Take a closer look," Joan said, handing the magic tool to Sian.

The silver plate was about two centimeters thick and although long, fit in the palm of the hand. On one side of the plate was a crystal and on the side, there were a few buttons. When Sian pressed one of them, the crystal lit up, showing some names on the screen.

"I'm sure this tool will revolutionize the way we communicate," Joan said, and then she began explaining the tool's functionalities.

Due to the intuitive screen, even people who can't use magic can make calls. Unlike normal communication tools, this one doesn't need to pair and sync with others in order to make calls. All it needs is to know the number of the other cell phone.

In addition, this tool can save many contact numbers. Calls are not limited only from one device to another, but more than two can participate in the call as well as the text message function.

Joan also listed a huge list of interesting features, leaving Sian very suspicious, as he had heard of a similar device from Illianna. A device that she had suggested he create with her, but he refused.

In short, the magical tool that Joan was showing him was identical to a device from another world, but one that did not exist in this world. Was this just a coincidence, or was she just recreating something she already knew?

When Sian turned his gaze to Illianna, she had a similar expression to his.

Regardless, Sian turned his gaze back to Joan and looked her directly in the eyes, asking, "Are you a reincarnated person?"

"What?!" Joan was shocked.

Although he didn't receive a direct answer, Joan's reaction made it clear to Sian that he had hit the mark.

"It seems like I hit the nail on the head," said Sian.

First Illianna, then Charlotte, and now Joan. This was the third reincarnated person that Sian had encountered, and if he included the person who wrote the sacred treasure, there would be four. The strange thing was that Sian discovered this secret consecutively in a short period of time.

"How do you know this?!" Joan was still incredulous.

"I found out when you talked about this magic tool," Sian replied.

"Not how you found out, but how do you know about the existence of reincarnated people?" Joan asked.

"There's one right there," Sian said, pointing to Illianna, who stood up and sat next to him.

"If you know of her and me, then you're also one?" Joan asked.

"Nop," Sian denied. "And I don't know how you guys can talk about this secret of yours with me, so it's no use asking."

After hearing Sian mention that Illianna was also a reincarnated person, Joan quickly got up from the table and walked towards her. She held Illianna's hands with enthusiasm.

"It's a pleasure to meet you!" Joan exclaimed. "Are you really a reincarnated person?"

With her usual expression for social events, Illianna smiled. "Yes, your majesty, I am."

Joan breathed a sigh of relief and continued, "You don't need to be formal with me, just call me Joan. I'm so happy to finally meet another reincarnated person and finally be able to talk about it with someone. I heard about other reincarnated people when I was coming to this world, but I never met anyone in the same situation as me."

For a brief moment, Joan began to overwhelm Illianna with a lot of words. As for Illianna, she took on the role of listener, probably because of Joan's social position as queen. Although she wasn't as excited as Joan, Illianna also seemed happy to meet another reincarnated person.

"You guys should leave this conversation for later, when I introduce a certain someone to Joan," Sian interrupted. "When you guys are introduced, you can catch up on things."

"Who?" Joan asked.

"Another reincarnated person," Sian replied.

"How many reincarnated people do you know?" she asked.

"Three, including you. But anyway, why did you show me this tool?" Sian asked.

"Actually, I would like you to present this product to King Franklin," Joan explained.

"That's not a problem, but you could have done it yourself," Sian replied.

"This is true, but the issue is that the cellphone has a distance limit, and that's why towers with antennas are needed to broadcast the signal, making it go further. Since my technology is an industrial secret, I cannot reveal how to do it, so the king and lords will need to buy them," Joan explained.

"This so-called cell phone seems good," said Sian. "But since it has a distance limit, I don't think it's feasible."

"The intention is for it to be compact and have many features. Unfortunately, for that to be possible, the connection distance between devices had to be sacrificed," Joan explained.

"Still, the production cost seems higher than a normal communication tool," Sian said.

"That's true," Joan agreed. "But unlike your communication cube, normal communication tools that most nobles use do not allow for simultaneous communication. This cellphone has simultaneous function like your cube and also has the capability for multiple calls at the same time. It's easier for nobles to hold conferences without needing to travel. When I can insert an image function, it will be even better. Even if it's a little more expensive, I'm sure they won't mind."

Sian was about to refuse again, but Illianna intervened, "You should help."

"Thank you for the support," Joan thanked and looked at Sian, waiting for his answer.

In turn, Sian asked Illianna, "What do you have in mind?"

"As you are proficient in magical tools, and combined with my unique skill, I think if we join her, we can increase the transmission range of the signal," Illianna said.

"But Sian still needs to convince King Franklin," Joan said.

"He has a lot of influence with my uncle, so that's not a problem," Illianna said.

"And in exchange for that, you will receive a percentage of the profit, right?" Joan asked.

"That's right," Illianna confirmed. "But let's talk about that when I have a general idea of the project."

"That's fine by me," Joan nodded in satisfaction.

"It's great that you're getting along, but aren't you forgetting that I still have to agree?" Sian complained, unhappy about being included in the plans without his permission.

"The evolution of cellphones is something much bigger than you can imagine, so I hope you help with it," Illianna said.

"I have my doubts," Sian remained skeptical.

"Do you doubt my business sense?" she asked.

"Well, so far, I haven't had any returns, so I can't say yes," he replied.

"We just opened, of course, we won't have an immediate return," she said, adding, "Think about how happy Emily will be when she finds out that her father was a key player in implementing a revolutionary tool like the cellphone."

"I won't fall for that trick anymore," Sian said and continued proudly, "She's happy with anything I do."

"And Ophi?" Illianna asked. "I'm sure she would be amazed."

"Well, I'll need some time to think," he replied.

"Okay," Joan said, and then continued, "I heard that your house is on the top floor, is that where I'll be staying?"

"You'll rent a room like the other kings," Sian said.

"My palace aside, sometimes you sleep in my bed," Joan said. "Don't you think it's unfair that I have to rent a room?"

"Your house doesn't have a room to rent on the bottom floor, so no, not at all," Sian replied.

With a cunning look, Illianna intervened, "He's just playing hard to get. Of course, as good friends, he will accept your stay there. The house has many rooms for that, I'm sure you'll enjoy the accommodation."

Smiling, Joan put her arm around Sian's and said, "Would you do me the favor of guiding me to my room?"

In the face of Joan's enthusiasm, someone he had known for years, Sian could not refuse.

When they arrived on the top floor, Joan took the opportunity of being alone with him and used her feminine wiles to persuade Sian to help her in her plan.

 

 

If you're curious about what happens in the next chapters, you can check out my Patreon.

Of course, if you simply want to support my writing, you are also welcome =D

5