Arc IV – Chapter 118: Dreaming of the past
142 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

In the middle of a sunny morning sky, there floated a huge creature feared and revered by many.

The creature in question was an imposing and majestic dragon, with a stature that inspired respect and awe. The dragon had two curved horns like lightning bolts that rose from its head, and a third, shorter one that protruded from the tip of its nose, also resembling a lightning bolt.

Its scales were a shining golden color that gleamed as if they were made of precious minerals, giving an air of nobility to its appearance. The bottom half of its body was silver, complementing perfectly its golden scales.

The dragon was enormous, over a hundred meters long from head to tail. But despite its intimidating and somewhat aggressive appearance, feminine traits could be noticed in its figure, whether in the softness of its movements while flying or in small details in its anatomy.

In summary, this dragon was a powerful force of nature that inspired admiration and respect, with a singular beauty that blended strength and delicacy. And at this moment, sitting cross-legged on top of its head was a human child.

This was Sian when he was still thirteen years old. As for the dragon in question, this was Sekil, The Sheep Eater. Compared to Sekil's size, Sian seemed like a small flea.

While Sekil hovered in the air, a large city appeared in their line of sight. Heading towards the city, Sekil partially showed herself above the city and then landed in the forest a few hundred meters from the huge gate.

"As one of your masters, I will teach you about the world," She said, sing magic to transmit your voice to Sian's mind. "While Ayze sleeps, it's my turn to be with you."

"Where are we going?" Sian asked.

"You always say you want to visit a human city, so I'll let you see how cruel life can be," Sekil replied.

As Sian looked confused, Sekil asked, "Did you put the coins in the bag?"

Sian then lifted the shoulder bag he was carrying and opened it, showing a large amount of silver coins.

"Do we really need all of this?" he asked.

"Yes," Sekil replied. "You must go to the city and spend as much as you want, now go."

Obeying Sekil's words, Sian left, heading towards the city.

Sian was excited, as this was the first time in years he had seen another human since entering the forest. As he entered the city, he was amazed by the number of people, but they all seemed scared.

He overheard people talking about the Sheep Eater and that there was no reason for her to be so close to the city. Some guys who seemed to be mercenaries commented that they should leave the city, but they were reassured that as long as the offerings were on time, nothing would happen. Dragons are beings who keep their word. Furthermore, she was just passing through, otherwise the city would already be in ruins.

Ignoring the people, Sian began running through the stalls buying food. However, the bulging bag of coins he carried soon caught attention. Not long after, he was approached by three men who invited him to a dark alley, saying there was a food stall there.

Due to having spent several years without contact with people, Sian has not developed a sense of care for this type of situation. Excited to taste more types of food, he innocently followed them, but when they arrived in the alley, the men surrounded him.

"Hand over the bag, kid. You don't want to get hurt," said one of them.

Sian tightened his grip on the bag. "No, this is mine. I earned it."

Another man sneered. "What's a little kid like you doing with so much money anyway?"

Sian hesitated, then decided to tell the truth. "I'm traveling with Sekil. She gave me the money to buy food."

The men exchanged surprised glances and then started to laugh.

"The Sheep Eater? What are you talking about?" one of them asked. “Did you think we are fools?”

"It's true," Sian insisted. "She's my friend and she's waiting for me outside the city."

"It seems we'll have to take the bag by force," one of them said.

Sian took off his shoulder bag and put it on the ground, ready to fight.

"I won't let you take it," he said firmly.

One of the men snorted and said, "It's a shame to have to fight a kid."

But one of them stepped forward and said, "I don’t mind it. I'll take care of this kid. You two just wait and watch." 

The other two nodded and took a step back, giving the man room to approach Sian.

Sian didn't move from his spot, but he tensed his muscles and prepared for the fight. The man lunged at him with a punch, but Sian quickly dodged and countered with a kick to the man's gut. The man stumbled back, clutching his stomach in pain.

The other two men looked at each other, surprised by Sian's agility and strength.

What the men did not know was that despite his young age, most of Sian's time was spent with him undergoing inhumane training in the forest. So he was considerably strong by human standards.

"Looks like this kid's got some moves," one of them said.

The man who had been punched got up, shaking his head. "Alright, let me give it another shot."

He charged at Sian again, throwing a wild punch, but Sian was too quick for him. He grabbed the man's arm and twisted it behind his back, making him cry out in pain.

At this moment, the two others realized that Sian was much stronger than they had anticipated.

"Let's take him down together," one of two said.

Seeing the two approaching, Sian released his grip, and kicked the man in the back, making him fall sprawled to the ground.

Sian saw them rushing at him and stood his ground. He waited for them to get close enough before he started to move. He dodged their punches and kicks with ease, and then quickly retaliated with his own blows. In no time, both men were on the ground, groaning in pain.

As Sian caught his breath, an elderly man approached him with his hands behind his back.

"Are you all right, son?" the old man asked.

Sian tensed, but the man reassured him. "I don't mean you any harm. Are you hurt?"

Sian shook his head, still wary.

The man smiled. "Good. My name is Tom. What's yours?"

"Sian," he replied, still not sure if he should trust the man.

"Nice to meet you, Sian. Where are you from?"

"I'm from the forest," Sian said.

"Ah, a forest boy,” Tom nodded. “I used to live in the forest too, you know. But now I'm old and I prefer the comfort of a city."

Sian relaxed a bit, glad to find someone who had lived in the forest. But as he turned to pick up his bag, he felt a sharp pain in the back of his head and collapsed to the ground.

Tom stood over him, holding a stone in his hand. "Foolish boy," he muttered. "You should never trust strangers."

Tom turned to the three fallen men and began to curse them, "You guys are worthless. You've embarrassed me."

"We're sorry, father, but the kid was too strong," one of the men responded.

"Yeah, he must be a noble with that kind of training," another man added.

“I know,” Tom said. "We just need to dispose of him properly so we won't be exposed."

As Tom went to grab the bag, Sian tried to stand up and stop him, but he was kicked in the stomach and vomited all the food he had eaten.

"We should teach him a lesson before we kill him," one of the men suggested as they all began kicking Sian.

Sian curled up in a fetal position, protecting his head.

"Please stop! I didn't hit you that hard," he begged.

"The world isn't fair, naive boy. Just kill him already," Tom said.

"What did you think of your visit to the city, Sian?"

A sudden voice startled the four men, but when they turned, all they saw was a completely naked woman. She was tall, beautiful, with a curvaceous waist and almost nonexistent breasts, and with long golden hair.

"Help me, Sekil!" Sian shouted.

"It seems like you already understand," Sekil said with a self-assured look. "That's enough, release him."

"Who are you?" Tom asked cautiously.

"His owner," she replied.

"He is your slave?" Tom asked.

"No, he's my pet," Sekil said. "Normally, only I can beat him, but since you were useful for my goal, I'll let you go alive, be grateful."

"Dad, what are we going to do?" one of the men asked.

"For being so arrogant while completely naked, she must be just a crazy person. Boys, get her without hurting her too much," Tom said. "Soon I'm going to make her lick my feet to learn to treat me with respect."

Obeying Tom, the men ran towards Sekil, but she grabbed the first one and smashed his head against the stone wall. Approaching the second, she placed one hand on his shoulder while the other gripped his neck.

In one smooth, effortless motion, her nails dug into his flesh. Due to the firm grip, despite struggling, the man was unable to scream as she slowly pulled his windpipe out of his neck.

When they saw her release the struggling man on the floor, the third man and Tom were speechless and seemed to want to run, but it was too late. Sekil mysteriously appeared in front of the third man and crushed his head between her hands.

"M-m-monster!" Tom screamed as he walked backward with trembling legs. Due to his fear, he ended up tripping and falling on his back.

With his arms trembling in fear, he tried to get up, but it was already too late for him, Sekil was already by his side.

With a malicious smile, she stepped on his face and crushed it.

Upon seeing such a bloody scene, Sian was frightened.

"You're a mess, Sian," Sekil said. "Normally, you could handle these people. Why did you let your guard down?"

"I thought everything was fine," Sian murmured, tears streaming down his face.

"You shouldn't have trusted those people or shown them mercy. That was your mistake," she reprimanded him as she approached. "If you had eliminated them, this wouldn't have happened."

"But they were also human. I thought if I defeated them without killing them, they would leave me alone," he muttered softly.

"You thought wrong. Never expect anything from anyone and rely only on yourself," she said as she squatted. "All living beings are treacherous and selfish. It's in their innate nature, which is why you should never show mercy. If there's a possibility that someone might be a problem, eliminate them. Understand?"

Without saying another word, Sian nodded as he curled up even more in the fetal position.

"If it weren't for me, you would have died today because of showing mercy. Remember that and become stronger."

Grabbing Sian by his shirt, she flew high into the sky.

"Do you see this?" Sekil asked.

Looking down, Sian saw the expanse of the great city, and Sekil continued, "If you become powerful enough, you could put this city at your feet or even destroy it with a single attack."

"Are you going to destroy the city?" Sian asked.

"Don't be foolish. Besides not being a threat to me, the people in this kingdom are my servants and give me tributes in exchange for protection. There's no reason to massacre them."

"For today, your training is over," Sekil said. "I won't heal your injuries, I'll let you feel them heal slowly. This will help you remember what happened here."

Throwing Sian up, Sekil transformed back into a hundreds of meters long dragon, and Sian fell onto her head. Flapping her wings, she flew away from the city, making her way back to her lair.

As Sian and Sekil disappeared on the horizon, a voice reverberated in Sian’s mind.

 "Papa, it's time to wake up!"

***

Sian quickly raised his body and sat up in bed. In front of him, Emily was sitting on his legs and Agnes was next to the bed.

"Dreams should be about happy things instead of memories from the past," Sian complained.

Indeed, the dream he just woke up from was something that happened in the past.

"Good morning, Papa," Agnes greeted.

"Morning," Emily said as she approached Sian and hugged him, asking for a good morning kiss.

Receiving Emily's hug, Sian kissed her cheek. Next to him, Agnes opened her arms to him.

"Come on, Papa," Agnes said.

Understanding her intention, he picked her up and also kissed her cheek.

"What are you two doing?" Sian asked.

"Mommy asked us to come for breakfast," Emily said. "Daddy, why are you dressed like a bunny?"

"What do you mean?" Sian asked.

"Papa is a super big and cute bunny," Agnes said.

Confused, Sian looked at his body and noticed he was wearing a bunny onesie.

Getting up, he looked at himself in the large mirror in the room. He was wearing a full-body pink bunny onesie complete with a fluffy tail.

"What the hell happened?" Sian was surprised.

Amidst his confusion, Sian noticed something important.

"Why don't I remember anything from last night?"

 

If you're curious about what happens in the next chapters or If you want variations of the illustrations, you will find them on my Patreon.

Of course, if you simply want to support my writing, you are also welcome =D

You can see the illustrations for free at the following sites, Pixiv and DeaviantArt.

Feel free to take a look using Patreon's 7-day free trial period.

4