Chapter 15: The Fool Pt. 2
3.5k 10 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At the courtyard. Me and my brother are currently taking a break from our training, as we spectate Loki's archery training with our father, while consuming some refreshments.

Loki pulls the string of the short bow back, taking a deep breath as he does that. Focusing his aim on the target, he releases the string and fires the arrow. As a result, the arrow lands right next to the bullseye.

"Four out of six shots landed on the bullseye, huh. You're a good shot, boy. Your archery has improved way better than your swordsmanship over the past two weeks."

"Ahahaha... Well, it's still harder than using a slingshot though."

"Then continue shooting more arrows, boy. Until you can hit the bullseye every time, all the time. Practice makes perfect after all."

Daddy then squats down to Loki's height, muttering something to him in an inaudible volume.

Loki's eyes then look away as he grins, nervously muttering something back in response.

I wonder what they're talking about?

The past two weeks, daddy did not tell me anything about what Loki said to him. Even when I asked him, every time I see Loki, breathing and sweating heavily from the spartan training he was given.

Fortunately during those said two weeks, Loki was able to adapt to the regime he was provided. And although he would still get extremely tired, he will no longer need to catch his breath, until his break times. Showing some results of his training.

Daddy then stands up and turns to us, "Frederick! Mercedes! Your break time is over, so come back here!"

"Yes, Sir!"

As we head towards our father, he then turns back to Loki, "As for you, boy. Go and get your sword from the rack."

"Yes, Sir!"

We start a sparring match, which became more frequent for swordsmanship training now. Where it is always me and Loki, against big brother.

Before making our move, Loki and I huddle together and discuss of a plan to defeat big brother. Eventually, we decided on a tactic and officially began the fight with the both of us, charging in at our opponent as an opening attack.

However, because it is two children, a five year old and a six year old, against a twenty-two year old adult, we lost to big brother, when he overpowers us with his skills and experience in fighting.

Our training ends soon after, as Loki and I head back into the mansion, while big brother continues his training with daddy.

"Whew!~ I'm all stinky and sweaty now. Haha."

"Yeah, me too, Mercedes. Your father is still really harsh on me."

Speaking of which...

"Loki, why did you accept such a harsh training? Even if you're used to it by now, you could've complain about it before. Then daddy might have gone a little easier on you."

"Hahaha, yeah... After what I said to him, I don't think he'll do that."

"And that's another question I'd like to ask. What did you say to him?"

Loki did not reply immediately. Instead, he is currently thinking about how he should answer my question.

"What? Don't tell me you said something along the lines of, give me your daughter, Duke Lodengrimm? Because only a fool would do something like that. Hahahaha!"

"Y-yes... only a fool would do that. Hahaha..."

While we were chatting, Sabrina and a butler approach and gives us a bow.

"Young Miss, your bath is ready. As for Sir Loki, he will guide you to yours."

"Okay. Got it, Sabrina."

"Ah, thanks."

I took off to my bath with Sabrina, whereas the butler guides Loki to his.

"Ah!~ Bathing after exercising feels soooo good!"

Relaxing my body within the hot water, I take as long as I can to enjoy it. Suddenly, after who knows how long, I hear the sound of music playing.

~? ~? ~?

"Huh? Who's playing the piano?"

Our house have a piano in the lounge. But because no one in the estate can play it, the piano just became an asthestic within the room.

So who is playing it, I wonder?

"I need to go and check."

Exiting the bath early, I wear my clothes that Sabrina has brought and make my way to the lounge. Where upon arrival, I see some servants outside, completely enchanted by the music, as they look at presumably the pianist inside the room.

"Eh?"

It was Loki playing the piano. Finished his bath already, he is now focused on playing the instrument. Not noticing the audience, including me, being mesmerised by his performance as we watch.

"It's beautiful." was all I could utter. Because right now, I wish to listen to this tune, rather than my own voice commentating it.

But the music has to come to an end eventually. And after he had finished playing, Loki finally noticed us outside of the room.

"Oh. Umm... Sorry for using the piano without permission."

"Huh?"

Hold up, boy. You just played a motherfucking masterpiece of a sonata, and your concern is about not obtaining permission!?

You got your priorities wrong, Loki!

I walk towards him and grab both of his hands. Holding them up, I praise him saying, "It was amazing!"

I then continue.

"The way you've performed, and how you're so immersed on playing the piano. You must have put a lot of effort into practicing it, right?"

"You... you can tell?"

"Of course! Didn't my father tell you earlier? Practice makes perfect. Even if you're born with the talent to play the piano, only a fool would waste that talent and not hone it."

Loki's face lit up brightly, who then smile and laugh.

"Hahaha. Well then, thanks for watching my performance, Mercedes."

"Now that was what you should've said to them earlier."

I point to the servants behind me, giving Loki the memo as he then bows to his audience.

"Thanks for watching my performance." he said. 

Everyone applauded and gave him praises, before they all return to their duties.

I approach Loki.

"Hey, umm... Can you play the piano some more for me?"

Loki looks back and replies with a smile.

"Sure."

While listening to more of Loki's performance, I somewhat started humming along with the tune.

After a while, the Head Maid enters the lounge and calls for Loki, saying that Sir Vali has come to pick him up.

But before Loki leaves...

"Oh, right! Mercedes, I got a day off for my lessons tomorrow. So I just want to ask, can I... visit you tomorrow in the morning?"

"Huh, why are you asking that? Of course you can come. Although, I'll be having my lessons, so..."

"Don't worry. I'll just do some training with your father until you're done."

Are you trying to get yourself killed, boy!? Why would you say something so brave, yet so foolish?

"Well then, see you tomorrow, Mercedes."

"Ah. See you tomorrow too, Loki."

We say our goodbyes. Looking forward to seeing each other tomorrow.

Daddy, please go easy on him tomorrow.

??? Triple chocolate!

As for those unable to eat chocolate. ??? Triple meat!

Thanks for reading. Hope you like this revised version of chapter 15.

Like the chapter? Hit that heart. Thank you.

131