Are we… Drifting?
109 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maremi is your friend. The one you’ve known for years, yet it feels like this is the lowest that the relationship has ever been. As much as those two would love to help, you know deep inside that this needs to be handled privately between you. Otherwise, it might not seem as genuine.

“Thanks, you two.” You bid Ayai and Isami farewell and head home for the day. Hopefully the moral support they gave you will be enough, since you’ll be flying solo on this mission.

When you get home, the first thing to do is get cleaned up. It’s been a long day, and you’d at least want to be presentable for Maremi…

Huh? When did you start to care about your appearance when you’re with her?

Either way, when you’re done, you head up to your room. It’s a little cliche, but your rooms are merely inches apart and basically connected by the windows. Aside from how that doesn’t make any sense on a construction sense, at least you know why your parents had you take the room. They really wanted you two to becomes friends.

At least that plan’s worked out so far.

“Hey, you out of the bath yet?” You knock on her window, something that you’ve done hundreds, maybe even thousands of times by now. Usually, she’s right there to respond immediately. After all, the two of you are aware of the other’s schedules. This is about the time she’d be doing her homework, and probably needs some help.

Yet, she doesn’t respond. In fact, it looks like her room is dark right now. That’s weird, she should be in there. Maybe the girl’s a little more than just upset with you than you thought. Oh well, at least you can walk on over to her house.

“Bye mom, I gotta go over to Maremi’s for a little bit.” You yell out.

“Oh? Did the two of you have a fight?” That’s not something you’d expect anyone to ask in return. But this is your mother you’re talking to. “Don’t you normally talk through the window?”

“Uh, yeah…” Obviously you didn’t get into a fight. However, there might be a little bit of truth in that sentiment. “It’s fine, I’ll be back soon.” So you walk out the door.

It’s literally just a few steps to get to her front door, where you’re greeted with Maremi’s mother.

“Oh?” She says in surprise when she sees you. “Is she not with you?” Apparently, Maremi hasn’t come home yet. That’s… Worrisome. Did something happen because you chose not to walk with her home again? No, it can’t be. It’s only been a few days at best since that started happening.

But then, where is she? Why didn’t she just go home?

“She’s been coming home so late lately. I thought that she was just spending more time with you. You know, with the club and stuff.” She giggles a little at that statement. It’s pretty clear that she thought she had a less than pure idea about the relationship. However, you’re feeling a little frustrated that she doesn’t seem more concerned about her daughter right now. Then again, if it’s been like this lately, then the woman probably got used to it.

“Hmm, I think I know where she is.” If it’s been like this for the last few days, then there’s really only one place she could be right now. You know that girl so well, and it’d be an issue if you didn’t think of the one place she should be at right now.

And so, that’s where you go to next. Where, one might ask? It’s simple for you two. The location is an overreach balcony that no one uses, it’s near where the two of you live. It’s kind of out of the way, but the two of you found it one day while exploring. The view it has of the town is just too special to pass up. It’s also too good to just let everyone know about, so you’ve kept it as your little secret.

It’s also a place of utmost important for the two of you. Thanks to that one fateful day.

“I knew I’d find you here.” You say once you arrive. She’s just standing there alone, gazing out onto your quiet town. Maremi doesn’t say anything in response, as you walk up and stand besides her. “I guess I did something to get you mad, didn’t I?” Though, even if you had an idea. Is that really enough to break a relationship. Honestly, it’s just choosing not to walk home for a few days. For a while, the two of you just stand there. No words are exchanged at first.

“Do you…” She finally breaks her silence. “Is there someone you like?”

What type of question is that? How can you even answer something like that. Do you even have an answer to it?

This might not seem like it, but this question is very much so important. Not just for your future, but the potential future of all the girls. This might seem simple, but you should never take anything placed in front of you lightly.

And more importantly, you should be honest. Both to her, and yourself. It might sound easy to just tell her that she’s the object of your affection. But if it’s only to make her feel better, and not because it’s the truth. That’s the real betrayal to the friendship you’ve built over the years.

But if it’s someone else, and considering that is the truth. Well, there’s a reason why we say the truth hurts. But like I’ve said before, that truth will be better than a white lie.

Admittedly, it seems a bit early to think you’ve gathered feelings for most of the girls. But perhaps there is someone you’ve taken an interest in. If so, wouldn’t it help a little to walk down that path. Even if just to find out how you really feel?

So, please take the time to fully consider the options. But never forget, that those choices, are yours to makes.

(Affection) (Morale) Levels:

Maremi: (15%) (60%) --> (5%)(0%) --> (20%)(60%)

Ayai: (-17%) (100%) --> (0%)(0%) --> (-17%)(100%)

Isami: (15%) (95%) --> (0%)(0%) --> (15%)(95%)

Saemi: (5%) (85%) --> (0%)(0%) --> (5%)(85%)

Risui (“Maruchi”): (16%) (30%) --> (0%)(0%) --> (16%)(30%)

Who do you like?
  • Ayai Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isami Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Risui Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saemi Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maremi (Lie) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maremi (Truth) Votes: 2 100.0%
  • There's no one I like right now Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2 · This poll was closed on Sep 22, 2020 10:49 PM.
2