Chapter 1
870 5 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Izuku Midoria in all his life, faced countless trials which he knew he was useless.

[I'm sorry boy, you are quirkless.]

[My Child.... I'm so sorry....]

He was found quirkless by the doctor and told right through his face that he can't be a hero. Shocking, agonizing, he couldn't believe it. His dream of becoming a hero was so far away that he felt like the world had given up on him. Yet....

He was determined, even when all the odds are stack against him, he wishes to try. Try to at least become something. The person he sees on the television who gave hope to a quirkless boy in front of him.

Yet, he was shunned, bullied and even mocked due to him not having any quirk by others as even the best friend he had, the person he look up to, had been the leader who bullies him.

He would write up people with quirks, analyze them, finding strengths and weaknesses and...

"............"

It was useless, he thinks.

He wishes to be a hero when one one believe in him. Why was he even try so hard to become one who couldn't even gain a quirk.

Tears rolled up his face, wiping it off and walk back to his room, always looking up the figures of the hero he respected all these years.

"All Might, Can a person without a quirk become a hero like you?"

He would ask. The figure in his hands as he wish it could answer in a positive voice. Yet he shook his head as All Might, the person who was the Symbol of Peace, would always be there in his heart to believe in someone like him.

And so, he endured, he would continue to observe the heroes as maybe one day he can use the knowledge he has to help others with their problems. Even if he is quirkless, he can at least try, right?

He continue to at least stay positive, even when all the odds are stacked against him, he continues to try and never be shaken up by some people telling him he is quirkless.

Then, one day in middle school, he continue to curl into a ball as kids began to beat him up, trying to protect the bag he holds so all his research wouldn't be wasted.

"Tch. What a useless guy."

After surviving yet another ordeal of bullying, he slowly stands up as he began to check his stuff if anything was broken.

"Hey, are you okay...?"

Instantly, Izuku slowly turned around, in a broken mechanic voice and sees a young girl who was probably the same age as him, licking a lolipop as she touches his forehead.

Then, all the wounds around him suddenly disappearing as he was quite surprise and see the girl smiling at him.

"There! I think that fixes you up."

He was surprised. He didn't expect someone out there to help him up as this was his first time talking to a girl.

"A-a....a.....hhh....aa....hhh....u...ummm..."

She tilted her head as this was the first time someone reacted to her like this as she just waited for Izuku to talk to her.

"U-u....um....my name's Deku...Ah! I mean't Izuku."

"Oh! Izuku! Then, Izuku. Nice to meet ya! I'm Yukita."

She quickly extends her hands right in front of him as he was stonefaced and froze right at the spot. He didn't expect someone out there to get close to him other than the friend he once had. He tried to grab her hand but he stopped and lower his hand.

"U-um...Yukita?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you help me?" 

This was what his mind thinks since there was no one out there willing to help a quirkless boy like him. So he was quite surprised that she just suddenly appear and helped him out. Plus... 

'Maybe she just helped me because she didn't know i have a quirk or not.'

He always think like this in his mind due to people who tried to help him and when they found out that he is quirkless, they ignore him or even joined in to bully him. So, he was scared. She might hate him due to that.

However... 

"Is it something wrong to help a person in need? I think thats what a hero should be right?" 

He was surprised. He didn't expect this kind of response from him. He was sure that she was just acting like some kind of nice person since she thought that he has a quirk. And so... 

"Would you even help me, even if i am quirkless after all that?" 

"......Tch."

'I see... They are all the same.'

When he heard the clicking noises and her glares, he thought that all the people he knew would act the same as her. She was like the rest of them. He thought when... 

"Quirkless or not, a hero would always save a person. A hero should always save someone even if that hero is quirkless. You only need the determination and strength to do so to become one. Why do you people need to have a quirk to save people? You only need the heart to save someone to become a hero."

Then, from the depths of his heart, he saw her look.

She didn't see him as someone lower than her, she didn't see him as a boy who was weak, she only sees him as equal. A person who look like he just given hope of something. Yet, she saw something in him... 

"To be honest.... I kinda just saw you reading and observing people who was using their quirks and well.... Hehe..." 

She blushed as she was embarrassed of looking him from afar as she saw how detailed his notebook was.

'A person's quirk, their uses and weaknesses and... Their potential....' 

All she had was just using her quirk to heal someone, she felt like there was something in her that she didn't know but she wanted to find out how far she can go. And she saw his notes... 

'M-maybe Izuku can help me...' 

She wanted to push herself to get strong in order to help people. The quirk she has felt limited in her mind as she felt like Izuku can help her. So....

"Izuku, you are quirkless right?"

He was surprised but he saw how determined she was and he decided to at least tell her about him. Even if its demoralizing.

"Yeah....I am quirkless but I...."

"So, can you help me become strong?"

".......Eh?"

Izuku was surprised that she was asking him. He thought that all he had was his book and nothing else but....

'Izuku, you are strong.... Way stronger than me.... I.... I trust you....'

Yukita thinks happily as she believe that this quirkless boy has something that none other people have. Determination and potential. She just needs to break that spirit and remold them to be strong. And so....

"Izuku. If you help me with my quirk, I can help you become a hero."

---------------------------------------------------

Yukita Katari always wished she could become a hero. Her quirk allows her to save lives by healing them and try her best at everything. While she doesn't have a powerful quirk to fight, she mostly focuses on saving lives and train to be at least useful when fighting.

Yet, she felt something as she believe she haven't tapped the secret to her quirk. There was something hidden inside that she felt like her quirk isn't just used for healing. But she doesn't know why... 

She tried many ideas yet she can only tap a bit of her quirk's potential as she could never see what was wrong.

But whenever she tried to do something, it just disappear on her.

Yet...

"Um... Have you tried to activate your quirk on your body?"

Izuku was right in front of her as he scribble down on her. He was observing how her quirk works as there was always that yellow current that keeps swirling all around a part of her body to heal the injury Izuku intentionally did.

Yukita also tried to do that but she felt that there's something working on her but she couldn't see it. Izuku was writing it down as he got an idea.

"Yukita! How about using your quirk on yourself and hit that tree over there?"

He pointed at the tree in the park as she nodded and channeled her quirk again as she tried to punch the tree.

Then, she actually felt her quirk activating.

*Bang*

Once she opens her eyes, she saw a large chunk of the tree bending like a strong force was applied to the damage part as Izuku was surprise and began to write down on his notebook.

'The lightning on her body slowly converge on a single point and created a strong impact on a tree. It seems that she just intentionally did it but i feel like she can do more with her quirk.'

Izuku finished writing his notebook to see Yukita crying while gouging down on a chocolate bar with joy....

"Muh.... Qwurk..... Ish....."

"Y-yukita?!"

Izuku began to shake as he saw Yukita  crying as he didn't know what to do but Yukita was more surprise to see her quirk wasn't just for healing someone. She can fight and protect people from danger. This was something she couldn't believe herself.

She was so happy that the time she finished her chocolate bar, she hugged Izuku as she was jumping in glee.

Izuku was the only person stonedface and quickly blush from having in contact with a girl for the first time.

He was surprised that this girl didn't see him as useless and even having to ask for his help which he couldn't believe himself. He's quirkless, he can't be a hero but...

'Izuku, you can be a hero as well!'

For the first time in his life, someone had believe in his dream. Not his mom, not the best friend he once had or the hero he looked up to.

He wanted someone to believe him. He wanted to become a hero that would save people and... Someone did.

And so, while he was slowly gaining the smile that he slowly begining to lose, he didn't saw Yukita slowly putting on chain balls on his arms and feet and by the time he woke up from that daydream, she was smiling with a whip on her hand.

"Izuku, since your quirkless, you need to train harder than others with quirks. I saw this on a video where a person would carry weights to increase their strength... So...."

Izuku whose smile was still there, began to twitch as he began to shake madly. Yukita whose also smiling but with an evil intentions began to crack that whip on her hands.

"So Izuku..... Run."

That day, a boy's scream could be heard as a young girl began to chase him with a whip on her hand. Yukita would begin to break down that spirit of his and remold them anew as she saw that Izuku's Cowardice only weakens him and he needs to change.

Izuku only needs to work hard, harder than a quirk person, harder than a hero and he shall become one. The hero he wishes. Thats what she saw in Izuku. And she will grant his wish as he grants hers.

'Its a win, win right? Its not like i enjoy torturing him or anything...' She thought as he begins to slow down from the weights and whips the ground next to his as he continues to run even farther. 

26