36. Coffees
236 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Oliver comes by every noon to Matcha & Milk on his way to work, and has Jenny, or the new guy, Damien, make him a different (sweet) coffee every day, because otherwise Robin would refuse to let him pay, and Oliver refuses to let that happen. And Oliver wants a coffee anyway—why can’t he get it at Matcha & Milk?

“You don’t want that free 20th drink?” Jenny asks, when Oliver requests another rewards card.

“I’m waiting for something special,” Oliver says, glancing at Robin.

Jenny nods. “That’s smart. Robin’s been developing some new drinks.”

Oliver grins. “Good, I look forward to them.” His grin widens when Robin rolls his eyes.

*

Robin Quan: My sister calls you my paramour lol

Oliver Campbell: 👀 She’s so romantic

Robin Quan: All the better to win you over to the dark side

Oliver Campbell: 😂 😘

Robin Quan: YOU’RE the romantic one. Who knew the soft heart under those sunnies…

Oliver Campbell: 😘😘😘

Robin Quan: ❤️

Oliver’s heart swells. Paramour is a nice word, he thinks as he strums his guitar. He looks up at the knock on his door.

Groaning, he stands up and opens the door—the room is mostly soundproof, so calling out would be fairly useless.

It’s Mia. “Hey Ollie,” she says. She looks pointedly at the guitar on his chair. “Aren’t you meant to be working on the sound fixes?”

“I was composing in my break,” Oliver says. “What’s up?”

Mia’s brows go up. “A new song? If it’s anything like the coffee song…”

Oliver grins and shakes his head. “It’s not like the coffee song, but I think we could definitely produce it.”

Mia nods. “I’m free early next week if you want me to hear it.”

“Yeah, that would be great.”

“Anyway, Penny’s called a meeting.”

“Alright.” Oliver locks his computer and follows Mia out.

“Oh, do you know if that dessert shop does event cake commissions?” Mia asks.

Oliver blinks. “Yeah, you can put in an order. I think you can do it online?”

Mia nods. “Cool. I like that place, it’s not as sweet as the other cake shops around here.”

Oliver gives her a closed mouth smile, a tendril of pride in his chest.

*

Oliver also comes by every evening on the way back from work. “No,” Oliver resists when Robin offers him something sweet. “I want to save it for our date on Friday night. I just wanted to see you.” And he’ll lean in over the counter and give Robin a kiss—if there is no one else around—and revel in how it makes Robin redden.

Because now that they’re dating, Oliver feels a lot more steady. He knows where he stands with Robin. He knows about dating and romance and other things.

“Then should I expect a banquet on Friday night?”

“Well, you could call me a feast,” Oliver teases. “I was thinking of pouring cream over my chest…”

And Oliver inwardly smirks at how Robin’s eyes widen.

“And oh, I’ve been using your gingerbread shower gel. Thanks!” He blows Robin a kiss and leaves for the evening, and already thinking of things to say the next evening.

12