Chapter 04
4.6k 25 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With both of us back into our respective quarters, I sluggishly slid into my bed. The rugged feeling on my skin reminded me that I was still wearing my attire from the day.

With my eyelids still half-closed, I let out a light yawn and tried to get changed.

Even though this was something I had done many times, looking at myself naked in the mirror was still a sight to behold.

Well, it wasn’t like I could feel anything. It had been ten years after all. 

White jade porcelain skin as smooth as fine silk, snow-white hair still in their unruly morning phase, two eyes with distinct colors, one a beautiful sapphire that was as blue as the depth of the sea, and one the color of fiery red. They said heterochromia were the unique features of royalty in this kingdom. Only those with pure, unadulterated royal blood could inherit these gems.

Tracing the figure downward, the bosom area was puffy but not too humongous, unlike Sistia. If it was me from before, I would probably remark this as the “perfect size”. A pair of long pearl-like legs, thin from the knees downwards, but plumper in the thigh areas. The figure reflected in the mirror, if it were in my old world, truly could make all men’s blood boil with a desire to conquer.

Not that I would let them have their way, obviously. Men are gross.

Today has been a really long day… my body felt all sore now. Maybe I could get some light massage sessions before sleep, hmm, that would be splendid.

It was during these times that being in a position of power had its benefits.

I pushed one of the bells located on my bedroom drawer, and a few minutes afterward, from outside came a light knock on my room’s door.

“Come in.”

A purple-haired girl gently pushed the door open. Standing before me, the girl was dressed in a maid uniform with folds in many parts, a white mob cap with her hair braided into two spiral ponytails. 

“Miss Anastasia.”

She lightly curtsied.

She was the headmaid in this palace, a face that I had grown to be acquainted with.

However, to my surprise, from the open door behind her, an unknown figure dashed through so quickly barely any shadow left and before my brain had time to figure out, my vision was rocked upside down.

“Miss Anastasia! Miss Anastasia didn’t come to play with Koro today, Koro was sooo ~ lonely, ya know!?”

My whole body was invaded by the feeling of fur rubbing against my skin. Again, it was not bad … but kind of itchy. Her tail, which was also covered with brown thick fur, chaotically moved around, slashing against my skin.

“Koro… I told you to not get into Mistress Anastasia’s bed! You will dirty it with your fur again!”

“Kuh… You can’t tell me what to do, stupid Aquia! Anastasia-sama is mine!”

Said Koro as she snuck her fluffy body into mine. Her skin was smooth and porcelain-like, while most of the fur was packed into her two droopy ears and long tail. Curled in my hug, she was just like an oversized fur ball.

Koro was a member of the demihumans, who were half-human and half something else, usually born from the result of mixed-race marriage. Unions like those were prevalent in this kingdom 《 Altria》, and the law respected them. Even the constitution of 《 Altria》had a clause dedicated to this matter.

“Koro, you must not call others rude, even if they are. It’s disrespectful.”

I smiled while patting her head.

“Hmm, that’s right, Koro, you can’t call me … wait, Anastasia-sama! You too!? I’m not stupiddd!”

Aquia pouted. Her cheeks had gone pink from anger, it looked like two little cherry blossoms on her face.

Yup, cute.

“Say, Aquia, Koro, what if you two stayed with me for tonight?”

Upon hearing my words, both of them stared at me incredulously.

Then after an awkward pause, it was Aquia whose face went deep red first. She mumbled something to herself and covered both of her cheeks.

“Ahh, Anastasia-sama, it might be too soon … but, if my mistress wants it, it’s not like I could refuse … right?”

What are you even thinking, Aquia?

Koro, on the other hand, quickly seized all of me for herself and without any restraint, vigorously rubbed her fluffy ears against my bosom. Through the paper-thin satin nightgown, I could feel her fur caressing my skin.

“Yay! I love Mistress Anastasia the most!”

My smile went wider as I patted her head.

This life, maybe it was not too bad after all.

That night, holding both of my girls’ hands to sleep, I could not help but pray that these peaceful days will last forever.

112