Chapter 17
896 4 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With the usual activities around the sect, we began doing our task as First Bro had asked me to head into town and buy some ingredients since we began running out of seasonings as of late.

He wanted to cook a good meal for Second Bro breaking through to Spirit Condensation as i needed to come up with a gift for Second Bro.

While he was happy about another magic tool i would make, i feel like handmade goods wouldn't be a good idea as i decided to buy him a magic tool which might be better than mine and maybe use the money i stockpilled from time to time by the drug dealings i made.

While its a bit of a dirty money, the magic tool isn't so i can take legal cases and not hurt my morality in giving my friend a good present.

And so, i began to wear a robe and even put on a mask i bought in the market place and began walking to the market as i decided to choose a gift for Second Bro first and foremost.

I began to look around the marketplace to where the goods have been selling as i notice some of the herbs i don't remember seeing in the forest as i discuss this with the merchant.

"Well young man. This here is...."

He began to talk about the different low quality herbs which had surprising effects as i begin to wonder how much i can improve this to a better quality and its effects. While the garden was slowly growing in size, i feel like it might not be enough growing all of this as i decided to buy a few and experiment on them later as i headout to the magic tools store.

Second bro may like weapons but his style was mainly on high-output weapons, dealing considerable damagr to his opponents as i decided to look through to some magic tools leaning towards that area.

I began observing the magic tools on the table placed in front of me and check their usage and quality as i also ask the staff on how the magic tools work.

While i was quite surprise of how low quality compared to mine are, i was mostly intrigue at the ingenuity and design which is quite opposite of mine whose only leaning towards functionality.

Example of this sword which is basically garbage compared to my handmade swords which are primarily focused being able to cut metal like butter and having an option to recover Aura by stealing the vitality of the user's opponents.

But by the outsider's point of view, mine look like garbage which were basically stitched up and even looks like a mess. The rough edges and the inelegant design, i rather buy a low quality sword which look beautiful than a useful weapon but look like trash.

So, i basically felt like having to buy one of the items here, reverse engineer one and improve its functions before giving this one to Second Bro.

And so, i decided to buy a glove which had a function to overload a Spirit Cultivator's capabilities, giving more power to even combat a golden core Cultivator and maybe give it a few more functions as i head into the food market to buy seasonings.

Then, people's attention was slowly gathered into one direction as i stared towards it and saw a Beautiful girl with red hair, being walked with people who had the same clothing as the brand of their uniform are those of from the same Sect.

Eternal Flame Sect.

The Sect to which i would had joined if not for master tricking me of his identity and decided to join another sect.

I would had been attracted to the girl in front of me, whose beauty matches those of a Anime girl in my past life but i was already resistant to beautiful things in my past life that i just ignored her, seeing as if she was just someone i don't know.

If it were other guys, they would immediately be making marks of her being their waifu or something like that but i am a guy who can even fall for an average girl even if she isn't breathtaking or the goddess of beauty.

Hell, i even turned a beautiful girl into lunch one time at the forest even if she was a beauty. Why would i be tempted to risk my life for a girl?

I would help out but its just a good will and nothing much as i am still a firm believer of kindness to people and forgiving.

Unless you commit atrocious acts, you won't be my next dinner.

Also, while the girl was familiar to me, i ignored that as there was no way my master is a woman. If not, i wouldn't even forgive her and myself for not turning him into my next rations.

And so, i just continue making my way to the food market and returned back to the Sect, unknowingly meeting the same people earlier, standing in front of the Sect's entrance.

"We will like to announce the Outer Disciple's Competition, being held next week as all the Sect's Outer Disciple must participate to show good will to the other Righteous Sects."

"I see... I kinda forgotten about that. Luckily, we manage to gather enough students to participate for this competition."

The Sect Master Happily Smiles as he bows to the Eternal Flame Sect's members as the disciples spots me and i follow the same manner as my master.

While i feel like not participating, i could maybe use this opportunity to advertize my goods, even if i don't actually win.

As those guys left, i was curious of the woman staring at me intently as i gave a smile to which she was shocked as i entered the Sect.... 

30