Chapter 117: Giving The Pitch
193 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Heyo~

Sadly seems this novel has fully gone the way of Midas... Dead.

On brighter news; none of you have any faith in Chaos.

Anyways, enjoy...

 

Time went by relatively quickly, with Chaos showing the group of three all around the expansive halls of gambling castle, running into many seductively dressed hobgoblins & even half breeds like Fuka. Each was clearly dressed in a style which fit the atmosphere; either copying Lyada’s style of wearing what could be classified as a smutty tuxedo. Complete with a bright red bowtie & tight fitting booty shorts that revealed the bulges of those crossdressing greenskins.

However (unlike those forced girls in Orrid) each of those scantily clad workers were able to strut around with pride at the level of a knight. It was to the point that some of those better at reading the room were scared to touch the ‘girls’ on the floor - just to ensure they didn’t accidentally offend them - leading to them teasing the poor people.

Thankfully they were all professions among professionals; easily keeping the energy of the room up to the point it made Fuka feel inferior.

Chaos casually pointed upwards towards some bulky looking gargoyles that seemed to be peering down on the halls & rooms below. Considering he didn’t say anything, it left them quite confused at why he was doing that. They already realised that he certainly fitted his name, however, so had long given up on giving him the satisfaction in asking what he was pointing toward them for.

“Fine [sǝɯᴉ-ɔolou] don’t ask me about my amazing security measures [ǝllᴉdsǝs]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

Still - if anything - the {Magic God} was most certainly resilient as he didn’t cave in until the sun had already set & they had arrived in a massive library. One that seemed inconceivably too large to have any business existing in the castle; even as large as the fortress of fornication was. The sheer scale of the countless bookshelves were too much to comprehend - each shelf having intricate patterns woven into them to help preserve the information. The shelves reach up past what their eyes could see; glass walkways exist to allow easy passage between the titanic wooden constructs as well as across them.

All around little colourful shapeless ‘dots’ of mana whizzed around carelessly - bouncing harmlessly from the shelves any time they got too close to causing any damage. As people who hung around Leaf for so long, they obviously recognised what these lights were, getting enraptured by the innocent aura they brought with them.

“…Spirits?” <Fuka>

“And so many of them… It makes Elizabeth’s Paradise look barren; the energy here is also far beyond what I’ve seen almost anywhere…” <Emily>

“Well I don’t mean to bra- Wait there is somewhere that beat my study [Ǝxɔlɐɯɐʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

For once it was Chaos J Faust who was caught off guard - his jaw falling cartoonishly low with that constant cheshire grin of his becoming stiff.

Being used to himself he quickly recovered howbeit he began pacing back and forth while his stave seemingly did the same in the opposite directions to him. Using his hand to stroke his chin in thought to himself, mumbling under his breath, before pointing his finger accusingly toward Emily. An action which got the cowcubus to unconsciously jump back like the startled cow she was.

“You visited big sister [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [Ǝxɔlɐɯɐʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

“B-big sister?” <Emily>

For once the sleep seemed completely gone from her eyes due to the shock she got.

“Wait, I ain’ the best at all this mythology stuff, you have a sister?” <Fuka>

Hearing that, the catboy puffed his chest up as a black cat tail proudly wagged under his ‘tunic’, as he merely nodded toward the red-head. Though he quickly began to count on his fingers without realising that his staff was still pacing; causing it to impact into him in an impact that sent them both to the ground.

Rubbing the back of his head, he spoke up once again, reaching a hand out to summon his stave back into his grasp.

“In total I have a total of 7 sisters that I know are going to be born [pɐsɥ] though 2 of them haven’t even been gestated yet [pɐsɥ] with the youngest being even younger than me [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [ɟnll sʇod]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

“So many…” <Emily>

“Eh [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] not really [pɐsɥ] small even [pɐsɥ] when you consider mein liebster vater only loses out in age to those of the genesis era and doesn’t murder them all [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [ɟnll sʇod]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

That… Was a point that none of them could exactly dispute but it did raise a rather curious question that Fuka couldn’t resist asking even if she knew asking questions to Chaos was likely a slippery slope. He isn’t called {The Lord of the Faustian} for nothing.

“What about other siblings?” <Fuka>

“There exists possibly siblings other than sisters [ǝllᴉdsǝs] [Qnǝsʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

“Don’t know what brother is?” <Lyada>

“[ǝllᴉdsǝs] [Qnǝsʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

They had no idea what any of that meant nonetheless the tone of confusion came quite naturally from whatever that magical language meant. He even chuckled while tapping his chin cluelessly - seemingly taking everything they said with that grin returning to his face.

“I was always told by big sisters that manhood was overrated [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [ɟnll sʇod]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

All three of them could only gawk at the unusual opinion of Chaos… Although, it had to be said, that actually explained quite a lot about the {God of Chaos}. He certainly didn’t appear as the peak of masculinity; though maybe not caring about that made him more masculine?

Not really.

“Anyway [ɔoɯɯɐ] it is not every fair to compare my place to my older sister [ɔoɯɯɐ] she literally owns the largest plot of existence that a god could get [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [Ǝxɔlɐɯɐʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

Crossing his arms - as well as holding that staff to his flat chest - at the same time as shaking his head with a wistfulness appearing on his large smile.

“Still I am probably the strongest spirit in the Mortal Realm at the moment [sǝɯᴉ-ɔolou] hence here I am with a mountain of kids buzzing about [ɟnll sʇod] Even a kid who has nothing but their instincts will naturally gravitate to the strongest being that will definitely protect them [ɟnll sʇod] Often leads to them accidentally being caught by mortal scum nevertheless that is life [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [ɟnll sʇod]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

Tilting his neck, that oversized hat still atop his head thanks to holding it with his spare hand, to gaze up toward those floating lights. Those lightbulbs finally seemed to realise his presence as they flew towards him - circling around with endless vigour. An act which made the magical scene akin to a rainbow typhoon surrounding them in some kind of childish dance which could bring a smile to anyone's face.

“Although every ones of these sprites are small [pɐsɥ] each one has unlimited potential due to having none of the limits that comes with flesh [pɐsɥ] having no time nor needs [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [ɟnll sʇod]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

They had found their breath being stolen from them all; unable to tear themselves away from the scene of the liberated spirits not having any worry about standing out as they may in Orrid.

“In terms of ‘magical’ ability we are unmatched thanks to this and it just so happens that a succubus is a descendent of the spirit [sǝɯᴉ-ɔolou] with one fourth-ish to one sixth-ish spirit making their makeup due to being descendents of my older sister [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [ɟnll sʇod]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

“Really…?” <Emily>

Chaos nodded his head.

“Because of that [pɐsɥ] in addition to all the knowledge I hold in here [pɐsɥ] there is nobody better to train you within the three realms [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [Ǝxɔlɐɯɐʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

Professing proudly with arms outstretched. As if it was rehearsed, all of those flying spirits burst away, opening their path to seeing the surrounding room once more. However (instead of being the library they previously were) they found themselves being hit by a sweltering heat as they found themselves in a large forge with countless equipment from anvils to magical ovens surrounding them. Babbling magma found itself flowing down countless canals that interweaved through the entire room they found themselves in.

Everywhere they looked they saw endless series of equipment that would be classified as something beyond legendary; stuff that not even the king of Orrid could claim for himself. There was everything from weapons of varying complexity (spears, weighted rope darts and things they couldn’t even recognise) to benign things like horse shoes. Each containing a profound level of perfection which would enlighten a mortal smith just by glancing upon them.

Something Emily seemed to be taking advantage of; not having closed her usually sleepy eyes since coming upon the forge. Eyes wider than they had ever been before.

“Also nobody (except that person) can beat me when it comes the art of artefact crafting [pɐsɥ] our Stratos family having the number one monopoly when it comes to crafters in general [pɐsɥ] there is only that snake that actually has the ability to match up [sbnᴉƃƃlʎ-lᴉuǝ] [ɟnll sʇod]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

“I-I see…” <Emily>

Her eyes sparkling with love heart pupil, practical drooling over everything she saw, mostly focusing on the forge equipment rather than all the divine-grade gear that most would focus on.

“So where do you want to start learning [ǝllᴉdsǝs] [Qnǝsʇᴉou-ɯɐɹʞ]” <Ɔɥɐos ſ Ⅎɐnsʇ>

“The ‘where’ is tomorrow; she needs sleep.” <Fuka>

Crossing her arms as she spoke up.

“Sleep good… Wonder if Beth is sleeping well…” <Emily>

3