Chapter 7: School Part 1
11.9k 9 182
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7: School Part 1

 

It's still so big. Lu Chen looked at the school grounds. First High was one of the top schools in all of China. It was famous for having one of the highest rates of students getting accepted into top-tier colleges. 

 

All supplies and educational materials were top-tier and state-of-the-art. But this came at a price as well. A majority of the students who enrolled here were rich second generations. 

 

Lu Chen was one of these students. He didn't think much about it as he entered his classroom. 

 

He glanced around. He remembered a couple of faces here. Some he recognized more, while others not so much.  

 

But one thing he was sure of, Lu Chen felt uncomfortable. Why is everybody looking at me? Almost everyone in the classroom stared at him. 

 

Some were murmuring too. 

 

What did I do this time? Lu Chen had a wry look as he realized he must have done something. Thinking of all the things he had done in the past, he didn't know which one. 

 

There were too many choices to choose from; it made his head hurt.

 

And a majority of it was related to Liu Fei Fei. The amount was endless.

 

Some of his actions were mundane, like making lunch for her or inviting her to the movies. Then there were extreme cases; he presented 520 roses in a heart or gave her a million yuan necklace. 

 

Please don't be the extreme ones. Lu Chen remembered the latter vividly. He couldn't imagine himself now doing something like that in front of the whole school. 

 

As Lu Chen hoped, an arm wrapped around his shoulders, "Yo! Brother Lu!"

 

Lu Chen's eyes widened. He knew this energetic person. He turned around. The student stood 1.8 meters tall. He had a handsome and daring face. It gave off a playful and mischievous vibe. 

 

"Good morning, Zhang Jian."

 

Zhang Jian frowned, "Don't good morning me. How are you feeling?"

 

Lu Chen was about to say something, but Zhang Jian interrupted, "Well, who would be fine after being publicly executed like that?" 

 

He sighed and then made a bright smile, "Don't worry! We'll party all night long! That will make your sorrows disappear!"

 

What happened? Lu Chen was confused and explained, "I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me."

 

Zhang Jian was Lu Chen's best friend for a long time now. He was the only person who could stand Lu Chen's arrogant attitude.

 

The two had been inseparable until he and Liu Fei Fei were married.

 

Liu Fei Fei insisted that Zhang Jian was a loser and Lu Chen should break ties with him. And this was what Lu Chen did, not caring that he had lost his best friend.

 

Seeing Lu Chen alright, Zhang Jian sighed in relief. But he was impressed the next second, "Damn, brother Chen! How are you not phased after being executed publicly like that?!"

 

"Uhhh, What happened?" Lu Chen couldn't figure out what he did. There were too many to choose from. 

 

You said you were alright, but you forgot all about it?! Zhang Jian gave his best friend a weird look, and he immediately clapped his hand as he knew the reason why,

 

"Oh! I get it now! The mental damage caused you to go into denial!"

 

"..."

 

I forgot about this. Lu Chen had forgotten the type of personality that Zhang Jian had. Despite being a great friend to Lu Chen, he was the type that had no filter and joked around too much with Lu Chen.

 

"Zhang Jian, are you going to tell me or not? I'll go ask the others."

 

"...You really don't remember what happened?" Zhang Jian wanted to double-check. He couldn't tell whether or not Lu Chen was joking. 

 

Lu Chen turned around, ready to go ask other people. But Zhang Jian stopped him. He explained, "Ok! Ok! I'll tell you. I thought you were joking. But damn, how could you forget about Liu Fei Fei dumping the lunch box on your head?"

 

Click! It was as if the missing gear was placed back into place, 

 

Lu Chen remembered what had happened. 

182