Chapter 2: Endless Regret Part 2
13.9k 26 176
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Endless Regret Part 2

 

The person who entered their home was a tall man. His face was chiseled like an artwork, and his eyes showed tenderness and care. He was the perfect image of the flower boy.

 

When he walked to the two, Liu Fei Fei's eyes glimmered in delight. But it was the opposite for Lu Chen. He glared viciously, "Why are you here, Long Shen?!"

 

Lu Chen knew who he was. The two went to the same school. But more than that, he was Liu Fei Fei's ex-boyfriend. 

 

He smirked at Lu Chen, "Why am I here? For my wife, of course." He walked past Lu Chen toward Liu Fei Fei and embraced her.

 

"I'm here now, my Fei'er." He whispered gently into her ears as he kissed her lips. 

 

Liu Fei Fei didn't resist the kiss. Instead, she wrapped her arms around his neck to make the kiss more intimate. This intimate scene left Lu Chen in shock and despair. He roared, 

 

"LONG SHEN, GET AWAY FROM MY WIFE!"

 

As they stopped kissing, Long Shen looked at him and began laughing. It was as if he was spectating a clown in a circus, "Haha, your wife? When has Liu Fei Fei ever been your wife?"

 

"..." 

Lu Chen knew he married Liu Fei Fei, but that was only on paper. Did he have her heart? Her action a few minutes ago was enough of an answer for him. 

 

From Lu Chen's silence, Long Shen continued, "The only reason you were able to marry my wife was that you threatened to kill yourself. She did it out of family obligations and pity. Nothing more, nothing less."

 

"..." He didn't want to believe it. There was a tiny ounce of hope in his heart that Liu Fei Fei married him wasn't out of pity. But Long Shen's words left Lu Chen in a harsher silence, devastated by this revelation. 

 

"Lu Chen, you said you would give Liu Fei Fei the endless happiness she deserved, right? Well, I'll show you how she can truly be happy."

 

Lu Chen looked up, wondering what could make Liu Fei Fei happy. That was his objective his entire life.

 

Long Shen smiled, "She could only be happy by my side." He wanted to see how shattered Lu Chen would be after he said this.

 

"No...No!" Lu Chen's mind finally broke. 

 

"I took your company, your wealth. But there is one thing I wanted from you: my Fei Fei." Long Shen's words made Liu Fei Fie blush.

 

Lu Chen's mind broke even more from his words. Everything was gone. All of it was due to his obsession with his wife. 

 

Long Shen let go of Liu Fei Fei from his grasp. He pulled out a gun. He got closer to Lu Chen, "You were a frog trying to eat swan meat. Go repent in the afterlife."

 

Before he pulled the trigger, he whispered in Lu Chen's ear, "And by the way: even if you guys were married, I was the one who took her first time. You will always be nothing but second place." 

 

Long Shen mocked Lu Chen one last time as he pulled the trigger!

 

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! 

 

The bullets pierced Lu Chen's body.

 

Blood began to splurt from each hole, littering the floor with blood. 

 

Lu Chen's consciousness began to fade as blood leaked from his body. 

 

Just once. Please, just once. Lu Chen stared at Liu Fei Fei with sorrow and despair; he just wanted a sliver of warmth from his love in his final moments.

 

However, she embraced Long Shen, disregarding him as if he wasn't there.

 

It's all my fault. 

 

Before Lu Chen's consciousness darkened, he thought about everything that had happened in his life. His coldness toward his parents and arrogance toward those who cared for him. 

 

They were all gone. Lu Chen's company, his money, and his family. All of it was stolen away from him. What he got from it was a wife that didn't care for him. 

 

Endless regret piled up as his mind faded into the darkness.

176