Chapter 44: Shake His Head in Disappointment
10.1k 7 171
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 44: Shake His Head in Disappointment

Of course, Zhang Jian could hear all of the comments the girls were saying about him. Each one of the comments was like arrows piercing his heart. Seeing that his best friend suddenly becoming more handsome than him from just one haircut made him tear up from the pain.

 

Why?! He just cut his hair, and now he’s suddenly being crowned as a prince charming! I’ve been working on my image for so long, and he gets aloof that with something so simple! Zhang Jian’s jealously outweighs his happiness for his best friend’s new look. The whole situation was like a kick to his family jewels.

 

He leans over to Lu Chen and whispers, “Are you really Lu Chen?” Zhang Jian couldn’t believe that the person sitting next to him was his brother. Maybe he was an actor that Lu Chen paid to sub in for him at school.

 

“Hey, are you listening?” Zhang Jian starts to shake Lu Chen by the shoulders, but Zhang Jian hasn’t realized that he was being glared at from the front of the room.

 

“Maybe you should be the one listening to class, student Zhang Jian.” Slowly turning around his head, Zhang Jian sees Xiao Lao Shi coldly looking at him.

 

“It seems that you haven’t learned your lesson.” Xiao Lao Shi points at the door, “GET OUT!”

 

Aw, come on. Zhang Jian starts to welp as he walks out of the classroom, forced to stand outside of the classroom.

 

Lu Chen shakes his head in disappointment at how his friend got caught in the same problem again.

“That is it for today.” Xiao Lao Shi said as he walks out of the classroom, and the entire class could hear the consistent yelling that’s occurring outside. Once the outside had become silent, Zhang Jian walks back into the room, all lifeless and devoid of emotion. The moment he got to his desk, he drops down onto the table in defeat again.

 

Lu Chen looks at him with pity,

 

“What do you have to do?”

 

“Five-page essay about why I should be paying attention in class and what I did was wrong.” Zhang Jian said without any life.

 

“Well, at least it wasn’t ten.” Lu Chen tries to lighten up the mood. But what he said had the opposite effect on Zhang Jian.

 

Zhang Jian gets off of the table and glares at Lu Chen, “Let’s not talk about that right now. What I want to know is how you look like this?!”

 

“Genetics?” Lu Chen shrugs his shoulders as he didn’t know what to answer the question. “No, I mean, why did you even cut your hair?” Zhang Jian’s face twitches. He felt that his friend was messing with his dignity right now.

 

“My hair was too long, and it was a pain trying to see anything, and I look very moody from not treating it properly.” Lu Chen scratches his head as students all around him were giving him weird looks, “What, you don’t like it?”

 

“No, you look so much better now, but?” Zhang Jian couldn’t just explain that he became zero to dinero in one goal, or Lu Chen might get cocky from it. 

 

“But?” 

 

“If you’re next to me, your looks are going to be overshadowed by my handsomeness.” Zhang Jian said proudly. So what if you become handsome so quickly. I’m the most handsome person in this class.

 

Lu Chen couldn’t believe that his friend was still griping over who more handsome and retorts back, “Tchh, get out of here. My pinky finger is more handsome than you.”

 

As the two were bantering around who is the better-looking one, the students, especially the girls around them, continue to stare at the both of them. It doesn’t matter to them who is more handsome, there was a more important idea for them. The female student knew that instead of having one of the hottest guys in the school in their class, they got now, a fresh meat surpassing their hottie.

171