Chapter 187: Ordering them around 
4.5k 1 65
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 187: Ordering them around 

For all they know, Kang Shuchun could kill them even after they give the information to her. After, they were nothing more than dispensable. Killing them would be nothing more than batting an eye.

 

"Do I need to make another one of you an example?" Seeing how silent they are, Kang Shuchun's hands are itching to go for the next neck.

 

"Wait! I will explain everything! Please believe what I have to say. I'm the second in command of the group and was there when Gu Qingshan made the phone call with the person." Duan Cheng quickly said. 

 

Even though he doesn't know if Kang Shuchun would kill them or not, not saying anything would make their chances zero. Too many lives were lost to Kang Shuchun just because of stupid reasons. Besides, even if they don't say anything to her, Kang Shuchun might torture them like Gu Qingshan to make them talk. 

 

Duan Cheng explains how Gu Qingshan had gotten a call from someone, telling them to go to the high school and cripple a guy's name; Lu Chen. He emphasizes Gu Qingshan a lot to try to alleviate the pain they might face.  

 

"That was it. That's the whole situation we're put in." Duan Cheng says nothing more after that. From the other examples, he knows what would happen to him if he oversteps. 

 

Kang Shuchun going insane and snapping his neck is something that he needed to avoid the most.

 

And he did. Kang Shuchun was mulling over the information she got to the point that the thugs became nonexistent. 

 

If that guy isn't as smart from how he had been acting before, then... 

 

Kang Shuchun's thought trails off after thinking about how Gu Qingshan had acted before. What Duan Cheng said made sense. Turning back to Duan Cheng, she orders, "Bring me his phone." If Gu Qingshan is as foolish as he was on the outside, he should still have the other person's number.

 

"It should be on him, but..." Duan Cheng looks at Gu Qingshan, who's still in the garbage can. Shouldn't it be broken? From how much blood and rearranged areas, Duan Cheng doesn't think the phone should be intact. More like, it should be in thousands of pieces.

 

Seeing is believing tho. Kang Shuchun orders again,

 

"Go take the phone out for me." When Duan Cheng heard that, his face pales. 

 

You want me to do it?! Seeing the look she is making, he knows Kang Shuchun is serious. He looks back at the lifeless, dead corpse. 

 

Do I really have to touch that? The amount of blood coming out of Gu Qingshan was too much, and he had to go through it.

 

"Hey! Don't take it too-" One of the thugs stuck out for Duan Cheng. To make him touch the corpse was taking it too far. 

 

Before he could say anything more, Duan Cheng was the one to cover his mouth! The thug looks at him in confusion,

 

Duan Cheng, why? But then he understood why.

 

Just looking at the anxious expression Duan Cheng is making, it was enough for the thug to understand that he was trying to protect him. Behind all that anxiousness and uneasiness is fear. 

 

Have you guys not learned what she is capable of? If Duan Cheng didn't stop him from saying any more, Kang Shuchun would have killed the thug without hesitation.

 

The thug turns to Kang Shuchun, who had a frown on her face. Seeing this, he quickly moved Duan Cheng's hands away and used his own hands to shut himself. He knows he's out of line.

 

With the thug shutting himself up now, Kang Shuchun didn't look at him anymore. And the thug couldn't help but sigh in relief. However, Duan Cheng took a deep breath,

 

"Alright." He slowly walks over to the body. Each second he took, the more he regrets following Gu Qingshan. He bends down over his corpse and begins to search his body. As he moves his hand around, he looks away from the body, trying to imagine that he wasn't touching the body. However, the only thing he could feel was the coldness of the corpse and the warm wet blood. 

 

Shit, I can't reach inside. Duan Cheng had hoped for the best and to grab the phone as quickly as possible, but he couldn't. Gu Qingshan's body was tightly compacted in there to reach for anything. 

 

...Do I have to take him out?

 

65