Chapter 447: Avenge Me
1.2k 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 447: Avenge Me

 

"Dad, did you get the pendant back?" Seeing Huang Muyang come back home, Huang Muchen asked him. That was the first thing he had to say. He told his father to tell the kid they would pay whatever money to get the pendant back. 

 

He made a big case to him about getting the pendant back from Lu Chen!

 

"The kid did say he wanted to give it back to me."

 

"That is good." Huang Muchen nodded, "And how much did the kid want?"

 

"But I didn't take it. I can't take it from the kid without a battle."

 

"...." There was a moment of silence. But a cold voice from Huang Muchen asked, "And did you get it?"

 

Huang Muyang shook his head, "Nope. That kid was too strong."

 

"Mother. I need to tell you something,"

 

"Woah! Woah! Woah!" Huang Muyang quickly shut Huang Muchen's phone, 

 

"Why didn't you take it back when the child said he wanted to return it!" Huang Muchen was going to kill someone for that! 

 

"Because it wouldn't be fair. I was the one who bet my heirloom. And the brat won it fair and square."

 

So the person I have to kill is you! Huang Muchen didn't know what to say to this. He couldn't get angry at Lu Chen. Not at all. He didn't steal the heirloom from his father. 

 

What was more, he wanted to give it back to them too! It was his foolish father who didn't want to take it back! 

 

"Don't worry. I know of a way to get the pendant back. Mingyue!"

 

"Hmm? What's wrong, grandfather?" Huang Mingyue was working on paperwork, but then she heard her grandfather calling. 

 

"Grandpa couldn't beat this man. I need your help in avenging me." Lu Chen was going to be dealt with by his granddaughter!

 

"Also, I'm going to that old fart's birthday party!" Huang Muyang added.

 

"Huh?!" Huang Muchen and Huang Mingyue looked confused. 

...

Lu Chen sighed as he looked at the jade pendant on the table. I couldn't even give the heirloom back too. 

 

Not only did he not give back the heirloom, but he also got even more. As he thought hard about this, his phone started to ring. It was Song Yanmei who called. 

 

"Hello, Mr. Lu. Do you have some free time right now?"

 

"Sure. What do you need from me?"

 

"I wanted to ask what color you will wear that day? I want to match you." Song Yanmei asked. Lu Chen smiled, 

 

"I haven't decided on what to wear yet. So what color do you think would look good on me?"

 

"I think navy would be a good color."

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Do you not like it?"

 

"Nope. I was thinking how navy is a good color for you too." 

 

"..."

 

"Are you there?"

 

"Yep! I'm here!" Song Yanmei quickly shouted, "Then navy it is!"

 

"Got it. I'll wear a navy suit." Lu Chen said with a smile. 

 

"Also, you don't need to come to pick me up."

 

"Huh? Why?"

 

"I have to go there with my parents." There was a hint of darkness in her voice as she said this. 

 

"I see. Then I'll meet up with you there." Lu Chen said calmly. As he thought about this: maybe I should go all out? Walking downstairs, 

 

"Dad."

 

"What's up, Xiao Chen?" Lu Xiaotong asked. 

 

"Can I use the cars in the garage?"

 

"Hmm? Why do you need the cars?" Lu Xiaotong tilted his head. He didn't mind. The car Lu Chen was driving was one given to the bodyguards. 

 

Lu Xiaotong wanted to give him one of his cars, but Lu Chen refused. So this was a strange request.

 

"Just going to use it to go to the party. I don't want people thinking weirdly when I drive that car." He wouldn't be going with them to the birthday party. 

 

"Hmm? Is it a date?"


Check Patreon For Extra Chapters ^^

21