Chapter 454: Her Smile Is About To Break Her Face
1.3k 1 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 454: Her Smile Is About To Break Her Face

 

"And that's why my hair and face were done." Lu Chen sighed. Zhang Jian held him down in a chair, and the stylist went in on him! 

 

"Eh, you got held down? Shouldn't it be the opposite?" Song Yanmei saw how Lu Chen fought the last time. There was no way he could be held down so easily. 

 

"You wouldn't say that when you saw the stylist's expression." Lu Chen shivered. It was a face of a monster. 

 

"That's why I came a little later than I was supposed to." Styling his hair and the makeup took about an hour. 

 

"But I think it was worth it." Song Yanmei laughed. She was happy about this. 

 

"Anyways, how big is this venue?" Lu Chen was shocked by how big it was. This was the first time he had arrived in a place like this. This place was larger than the Lu Manor!

 

Song Yanmei explained, "The venue is split into two different sections. The one we were at was a guest hall of sorts. The one we're going to will have a lot more people. The Bai family will be there too."

 

"Gotcha. Then I guess I have to behave more calmly." Lu Chen laughed. 

 

"Relax. I doubt no one will try to mess with you." Song Yanmei chuckled. I think it would be quite the opposite. With how he looked, they would want to interact with him. 

 

Song Yanmei got closer to Lu Chen, close enough to make it look intimate. 

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You're my partner for today, so we should be closer." 

 

Lu Chen smiled, "Alright, dear." Like that, they entered the main venue. There were many people there. 

 

The inside of the main venue was bigger than the last one. There was a fountain in the center. On the side was a buffet line. 

 

"Woah, this is such a big place." Lu Chen didn't think about it at first. It was at least twice the size of the one they were in before.

 

"Hmm, what do you want, dear?" Lu Chen asked. 

 

"There really isn't much to do."

 

"Should we go meet up with my parents first?" Lu Chen asked. He noticed Zhang Wenling and Lu Xiaotong were mingling with others.

 

"Sure. My dad is with them as well." Song Yanmei spotted Song Chongli with the two.

 

"And they noticed us as well." Zhang Wenling noticed them and waved to come over. Lu Chen and Song Yanmei walked over to them. 

 

"Xiao Chen! You look so handsome!" Zhang Wenling said as she hugged Lu Chen. 

 

"Mother, you don't need to hug me. We're in public."

 

"But how can I not?! You and Song Yanmei looked like the perfect couple!" Seeing the two together, they wore matching outfits. 

 

"Wenling, who is this?" A man walked up to Zhang Wenling, interested in who these two were.

 

Zhang Wenling smiled, "This is my son, and the other is Chongli's daughter." 

 

"Oh, this is the famous third son you talked about." The man chuckled as he stuck out his hand,  "Hello, my name is Peng Huang. I heard so much about you from your mother. 

 

She's been talking about you the entire time."

 

Lu Chen held his hand, "I think my mother had exaggerated too much about me."

 

"Nonsense. Just from seeing you. I know Wenling didn't exaggerate on the appearance." Peng Huang laughed. 

 

"Told you." Zhang Wenling had a proud expression, "Xiao Chen, I'll introduce you to your mother's other friends." It was time for her to show her son off. 

 

It seemed those rumors about him were false. Peng Huang thought as he stared at Lu Chen, greeting people. He was calm and respectful. 

 

He seemed like the perfect person ever.

 

"I think Wenling's smile is about to break her face." Peng Huang whispered to Lu Xiaotong. 

 

"Haha." Lu Xiaotong gave a soft chuckle. Zhang Wenling's smile was the biggest thing ever. 

20