Chapter 730: Do You Have Enough Money?
573 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 730: Do You Have Enough Money?

 

Feng Meifeng continued to waddle around on the streets. She had a frown on her face as she walked. Despite being drunk, she had some reason left. And she knew she didn't want to stay there. While she walked, there were a couple of guys who called out to him, 

 

"Hello, beautiful. You don't seem to be alright. Want to hang out with us?"

 

"Shut up." Feng Meifeng glared at the guy. And the guy didn't even wait as he shivered from fear. She didn't look at him as she walked away. They're just like us. That was what Feng Meifeng thought. 

 

It reminded me of her and Lu Chen. She was sure Lu Chen would lecture her about it. 

 

That was why she needed alcohol. Only that would help drown out everything she had for Lu Chen. Feng Meifeng walked around a bit more before noticing a bar. She didn't hesitate and entered. She went to the countertop,

 

"Barkeeper! Hit me with the most expensive drink possible!" When the barkeeper heard that, he frowned. He asked,

 

"Do you have enough money?"

 

"Of course!" Feng Meifeng said with certainty! 

...

"How is the progress on the project, Duan Huiling?" Lu Chen asked. He was in another board meeting with everyone. There were going to be more board meetings. 

 

"CEO, it has been going smoothly. With CEO Song's cooperation, the production and stage are progressing in a fast fashion." Duan Huiling explained. With Song Yanmei's help, it made all of it faster. 

 

Thank goodness. Lu Chen nodded his head to that. He asked, "What about the contestant?" 

 

"I decided that once 90 percent of the production is finished, we would have contestants sign up." Duan Huiling wanted to make sure everything was done before they found contestants. 

 

Lu Chen nodded, "Understood. Also, make sure these people are part of it," Lu Chen handed some files to Duan Huiling. She looked down and turned back to Lu Chen. 

 

"These people are interesting." Lu Chen found some interesting artists that would be famous in the future. 

 

"I see." Duan Huiling skimmed through the files, "CEO, I will keep these people in mind." 

 

"Alright. Even though I'm not here, Duan Huiling is in charge. So listen to her words. Got it?" Lu Chen stared at the members there. And they nodded their heads!

 

"Good. Meeting adjourned." Lu Chen said, and everyone left. Kang Shuchun asked, "Dear, do you have to scare them like that?" Those last words were like a knife at their throat.

 

"Had to. I need to keep those guys in check." Lu Chen added. Some people tried to overrule Duan Huiling's thoughts. And those people, he fired. 

 

"Then you should fire everybody." Kang Shuchun quipped.

 

"Thinking about it. But I got to do it slowly." Lu Chen wanted to hire people who were competent as board members. But he needed time for it. He slowly kicked out the useless one. It was only a matter of time. 

 

"Also, good job, Shuchun." While Duan Huiling did most of the work, Kang Shuchun worked hard behind her. Those two took on the heavy work. Kang Shuchun shook her head, 

 

"Dear, as long as I'm here, I won't let anything happen to your company." 

 

Lu Chen coughed slightly, "Shouldn't you call me CEO instead of dear?" His expression turned slightly red. Kang Shuchun had been changing the way she talked with Lu Chen. And that change messed with him. 

 

Kang Shuchun smiled, "But don't you like it when I call you dear?"

 

"...So Mom hasn't been bothering you too much, right?"


Check Patreon For Extra Chapters ^^
Kindle Vol 1 is out. Check it out here: https://a.co/d/iNeP41c

 
12