Chapter 731: Buy Me Some Drinks, Please
764 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 731: Buy Me Some Drinks, Please

 

Lu Chen questioned.

 

"You're going to be ignoring my question?" Kang Shuchun gave him a devious stare. Lu Chen looked away. That was a yes. Kang Shuchun sighed as he said, "Mother hasn't been doing anything strange. We've been going out and cooking together." 

 

"...I see." Lu Chen thought as much. Mother really wanted a daughter. The way she acted compared to him, Lu Hao, and Lu Aotian was vast. 

 

"Why do you sound so jealous?" Kang Shuchun tilted her head. 

 

"Anyways, you should go to Duan Huiling. She's calling for you." Lu Chen said as he pointed at Duan Huiling. The latter waved towards the two. 

 

"Alright." Kang Shuchun kissed Lu Chen's cheeks, "I'll be going now."

 

"Mmhmm."

 

"But our conversation isn't over yet!" Kang Shuchun wasn't going to let him go. Lu Chen gave a wry laugh, "Just go." Lu Chen shook his head as he walked back to his office. As he did, his phone vibrated. He looked down at the number, 

 

Meifeng? Lu Chen opened the call, "Meifeng, what's up?"

 

"Umm, are you Mister Lu Chen?" Lu Chen thought it was Feng Meifeng. But it was a man's voice instead. 

 

"Who is this?" Lu Chen frowned. The person quickly explained, "Hello, Sir. I'm calling you because your friend is drunk. I asked her to call a close colleague, and she told me to call you." 

 

Lu Chen blinked a couple of times. She's drunk?! Lu Chen's expression turned dark, "I'll be there in a few minutes. Please watch over her."

 

"Understood, Sir."

...

Lu Chen arrived at the bar. Looking at the front, he frowned. Did she come here? 

 

Never did he peg Feng Meifeng to be the type to come to these places. Much less be a drinker. The call was too shocking. 

 

Entering the building, Lu Chen looked around. It took a second as he spotted the girl at the counter. But there were other people around her too.

 

"Get lost! You aren't him!"

 

"Come on, beautiful. Your friend hasn't come here. Just come with us."

 

"Her friend is here." Lu Chen sneered as he came up behind these guys. His gaze was ice cold as he said, "I'll give you 3 seconds to leave before I beat you to a bloody pulp." 

 

"Tch! This girl had a man." Those guys didn't want to mess with Lu Chen. They left him alone. He turned to Feng Meifeng, "Let's go now."

 

"..." Feng Meifeng stared at him. But then she shouted, 'You're not Lu Chen!"

 

"..." Lu Chen sighed as he clutched his head. How much did this girl drink? Lu Chen turned to the barkeeper, "You're the one who called me, right?"

 

The bartender nodded. 

 

"Thank you for taking care of her." 

 

"Before you leave, please pay her tab."

 

"How much?"

 

"24,000 yuan."

 

"..." Lu Chen blinked a couple of times, "How much is it again?" He felt there was an extra zero in the bill. 

 

"24,000 yuan, sir." The bartender repeated. Lu Chen looked down at Feng Meifeng, who twirled around on the chair. He shook his head, "Do you accept cards?"

 

"Mmhmm." Lu Chen swiped his card. He turned to Feng Meifeng, "Come on, let's go." He wanted to leave. But,

 

"No!" Feng Meifeng shook her head as she shouted, "I'm going to drink the night away!" 

 

"You had enough." 

 

"No! Stop being such a stickler!" Feng Meifeng twirled her chair back to the barkeeper. 

 

"Hit me up! I want the most expensive drink!"

 

"..." The barkeeper stared at Lu Chen, and the latter stared back at him. The barkeeper shook his head,

 

"Sorry, miss. But you don't have any money to pay."

 

"Eh?" Feng Meifeng's expression turned blank. But then she twirled the chair back to Lu Chen. She grabbed the helm of his shirt.

 

"Buy me some drinks, please."


Check Patreon For Extra Chapters ^^
Kindle Vol 1 is out. Check it out here: https://a.co/d/iNeP41c

 
12