Chapter 2: Magitools Representative
1.3k 1 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The day passed after Aumo started thinking about creating an android core. An android core is one of those few things that Aumo has been unable to create with his magic, he is only able to modify them.

 

The companies never scrap android cores, and reuse them after wiping the data on the cores. In the event that a core is broken, they can be restored and reused. Cores could only be made from magic stones found in monsters, which is why Aumo has been unable to create any.

 

Aumo still went to the scrap yard with LisiA anyway.

 

"I wonder how I will get a core for Storia," said Aumo as he walked down the street with LisiA.

 

"Do you want me to hunt a monster for you? I can definitely do that after all these upgrades," replied LisiA.

 

"I want the best of the best for Storia! Hunt me a dragon!" said Aumo.

 

"Uhh, okay that might still be too much," replied LisiA, "It takes 3 Archmages to take down even the weakest dragon after all."

 

-----------------

 

After a while, they reached the scrap yard.

 

"Welcome, Aumo. You came later than usual, I was afraid you wouldn't come today."

 

It was the man who runs the scrap yard. Aumo came daily, so they naturally came to know each other after meeting so many times.

 

"Hi, Odis. Did you need me from something?" asked Aumo.

 

"Well you see, a representative from Magitools came to me today and asked if you could speak to them," said Odis, scratching his head, "they are currently waiting in the scrap yard."

 

"Magitools representative?" asked Aumo, "Meet me?"

 

"Seems so. Yes," said Odis nodding.

 

"Do you know why Magitools wants to contact Aumo?" asked LisiA, "it's weird seeing how they would go so far to contact a young boy."

 

"Well, they said the reason was… you, LisiA. I am baffled everytime I see you. You don't even look like an android anymore!" exclaimed Odis, "You've changed so much over the past months, and you look more human everyday it’s scary!"

 

"Ah…" Aumo at this moment realized that all the androids he saw on the streets were in no way close to how human LisiA looks.

 

“And so, they told me that they want to meet him, possibly to recruit him!” said Odis, “We shouldn’t keep him waiting, let’s go.”

 

Aumo, LisiA, and Odis walked into the scrap yard like they did everyday, except today there was a representative from Magitools waiting for them. He stood there, and started examining LisiA as the three came closer.

 

“Are you sure this is an android? I can’t believe it at all now that I’ve seen her myself,” muttered the representative to himself. He heaved out a sigh, and started walking towards the three.

 

“Greetings, I am a representative of Magitools, and I presume that you are Aumo?” said the representative as he looked at Aumo.

 

“Yes, I’m Aumo, nice to meet you,” replied Aumo.

 

“And I believe that this is your android, LisiA? If not for my colleague telling me that you are accompanied by an android, I wouldn’t believe it,” said the representative, “On that note, would you be interested in joining our company? The head researcher took an interest in you when we told him about you.”

 

“Are you spying on us or something?” asked LisiA.

 

“Well, not exactly. Not intentionally at least. We have eyes all over the city, and we definitely won’t miss someone who goes somewhere daily with an android that looks more human with every passing day,” replied the representative. 

 

Aumo was excited, as it has always been his dream to join a Magitech company, and the chance has come to him, and from the leading company too! He agreed to join the company, and so the representative went over the rules, procedures, and what is expected of him at the company. 

 

-----------------

 

An hour or so passed, and the representative was done with his explanations.

 

“As a final note, the head researcher Dr. Gream said that he wanted to meet you if you accepted to join the company. He’s ready at any time for you tomorrow, so do drop by the company headquarters. Tell the guards your name and they should let you in,” said the representative, as he started making his way towards the exit.

 

Aumo thanked him, and asked LisiA to remind him to go to the Magitools Headquarters the next day. Then, he set off into the scrap yard to gather scrap like he normally does, except with more excitement than he ever had before. 

 

----------------

Note: I might just release a chapter every Saturday from now on. Truth to be told, these chapters are uploaded almost immediately after they are done, meaning that I don’t exactly go through them to proofread or edit. This one had so much dialog that I got stuck so many times. Then I remembered that I don’t introduce any characters properly. There’s a reason for that(or maybe I’m just lazy).

44