Chapter 3 | Refresh
1.8k 20 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 3 | Refresh

-3-

The nurse returned with a tray of food, It didn’t really smell anything despite me otherwise being able to smell everything.

 

“Hey bud, I’m back! Sorry for the pretty unappetizing food, y’know hospitals are getting more and more greedy spending less on food, but I hope you’ll enjoy it!”

 

She placed the tray of food on a special table, made to barely be above the stomach or thigh of a person when they are sitting up or lying down, the table was put on the bed, then the tray was placed on the table.

The hospital food was… Unappetizing, just as she said. A plate with mashed potatoes, and meatballs, some kind of jell-o or jam and a brown gravy on the side? And the obligatory packet of unknown juice and water.

 

I’ll be honest, it tasted better than it looked, but I can clearly feel that I’ve had better food. The juice had this citrus like taste, just like a generic juice packet brand, and the water… tasted fairly better than the rest of the stuff for some reason? Well, the food was bland, no doubt, but it temporarily cured my hunger.

 

I felt a bit twitchy, maybe energetic after the meal? I didn’t really know but I really wanted to stretch myself, maybe go for a jog, It felt like ages since I last moved my legs. I removed the table from my lap, and sat on the edge of the bed, taking a look at my body. Nothing stood out too much, except for my feline appendages, that is. My hair and tail was in a messed up state, vaguely smelling chemically, which was an unpleasant smell, I really needed a shower.

 

I pressed the nurse button, I wanted to ask if I could get a shower and clothes, since the hospital gown I was wearing right now was feeling really windy.

 

The nurse from this morning came in, asking what I needed.

 

“U-umm could I take a shower and change of clothes?”

 

“Sure! Just follow me.”

 

She extended her hand and I grabbed it, hugging her arm like a safety blanket, and followed her through the door that led to the corridor outside. Ignoring the looks I was getting I glanced at the nurse, before looking down at the ground. She was in her mid twenties, had brown hair, blue-green eyes and a rather petite nose and cheeks, But she was very pretty.

I think I would need to get used to the stares and looks I was getting, my ears involuntarily went flat against my head and my tail curled around me.

 

We finally stopped in front of a door, labeled as “Shower, Clothes”.

 

“Is this the shower?”

 

“It is sweetie.”

 

Something that I had realised was that I never actually knew her name, so I asked.

 

“What is your name?”

 

“My name is Elizabeth, but you can call me Eliz for short.”

 

“Okay Eliz.”

 

When I said her name she visibly blushed, just a little taint of red, ignoring that we entered.

I’ll be real, I probably had raised my expectations a bit to high, the showers were divided into two parts, male and female, with respective changing rooms, the showers and changing room were at the opposite side of the door, and to the right were a small storage room, filled to the brim with random clothes. I could smell a mix of faint chlorine, shampoo and soap menacingly coming from the showers and changing rooms.

 

Eliz brought me a towel and some clothes for me to try on for once I was done showering, though I questioned how she could possibly know what size of clothes I needed.

 

Ignoring that I entered the female section and undressed myself in the changing room, wrapped the towel around around me from chest height, and quickly skidded for the showers, the showers themselves consisted of smaller plastic cubicles, with lockable plastic doors to give people some privacy, amenities such as shampoo and soap are on a shelf, opposite of the row of showers. Entering the closest stall, I turned on the shower, the cold water that sprayed down and soaked me felt cold, before quickly being replaced with warm water, my hair and tail became heavy after soaking in water, and made me feel uncomfortable, but taking a look at my body, it was beautiful, smooth white skin, slender arms, thick thighs, though my chest department was a little disappointing. I still have potential. Moving on, I had silky brown fur and hair which were really nice to touch, I was pretty sure I was the definition of cute.

 

Maybe I should work as a idol.

 

I shook of that thought, instead replacing it with washing my hair and tail, I exited the stall and got the shampoo as fast as I could, minimizing the amount of time I was outside, pressing the bottle of shampoo a good amount oozed out, taking putting the bottle on the ground for now I started with rubbing in the shampoo in my tail, working from the tip to the end, while doing so I had this weird extraordinary feeling, probably because I wasn’t used to having a extra appendage.

After shampooing my tail I moved on to my hair, carefully avoiding letting the shampoo into my ears, once I was done with shampooing both, I rinsed myself, feeling all the grime and dirt coming off was a great feeling, very refreshing.

 

Once I was done with showering, I used the towel to dry my hair and tail, and then the rest of my body, doing a little shake to try and get off the last bit of water. If someone was watching they’d be having a nosebleed right now.

 

Looking at the small selection of clothes the nurse gave me, I just mixed and matched, I had no fashion sense at all. I settled on underwear, a chalk green skirt since pants really couldn’t fit a tail through them, and also allowed some degree of movement, a simple light blue-ish shirt, polka dotted pink kneesocks, random pair of sneakers that somehow fit perfectly, and jeans vest to add onto the shirt, and a beanie to try and cover my obnoxious ears, once I had actually dressed myself I exited the changing room, Eliz was waiting outside, sitting in one of the chairs that decorated the room.

 

Eliz: “You look so cute! I’m sorry but I really can’t hide it anymore, but I can guarantee that most people would probably die of it!”

 

“Uh... Okay?”

 

Well, since I had showered maybe trying to figure out what happened while I was in a coma would be a very smart thing to do.

 

“Umm is there a computer anywhere?”

 

“Yes! There are computers down at the library if you want to use one.”

 

I nodded

 

“Alright, follow me!”

 

And I followed her.

 

The library was located on the first floor, while my hospital room was on the third floor, meaning I would need to either walk stairs or take the elevator down, once I was down at the first floor the library was just a short walk, forward and then left.

 

Walking with Eliz to the library, she left me there, not that I mind. I immediately went for one of the computers, browsing the web for a bit, an article struck my interest.

 

Rollycrunch statement following police raid:

“We, the people behind Rollycrunch, have not, nor do we know of any activities, nor do we associate with any activities, that may endanger human lives, and we do not conduct or endorse human experiments, the T-001-1982 Model X2 tubes are not suited for human experiments in any capacity, nor should it allow for human experiments, the tubes found in the storage house were tampered to bypass the safety features, these tubes were and are still only suited for low-scale animal tests and growing human organs, the people behind this are professionals that we do not, and never will associate with.”

 

New News Newschannel can not independently confirm whether the test tubes were tampered with or not, since the police did not allow any journalists to the crime scene, nor do we have evidence on whether Rollycrunch are in cahoots with the people behind the experiment, the police have released some more information about the raid, during the raid of the lab section of the storehouse a girl was found in one of the four test tubes, paramedics quickly arrived on scene, one of our correspondents were quick arrive, but failed to get a clear picture of the victim, only getting a glance. The victim in question appears to be a young girl, unknown origin. 

 

Now reading this news article made me feel a bit uneasy, as the victim was me, but I don’t think many knew, which could be a good and a bad thing, I guess. I think I ended up spending a bit too much time by the computer as I fell asleep.

 

-o-

 

Meanwhile everyone else that was still at the library could only admire the cute angel sleeping, before a nurse came and carried her somewhere.

 

End of chapter 3


AaaaAaaa my first time actually trying out some fluffy and cuddly, I'll be upping the instensity as the chapters roll in lel

fun fact: originally I had only planned out the first 3 chapters for this story, but if I were to try and do that each chapter would in excess of 2k words lel.

Also im bored, suggest something you'd like to see happen in this story!

59