Chapter 5 | Home
1.5k 9 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5 | Home

-5-

I had a dream. It was a very peaceful one at that, I was sitting on a bed of flowers, the landscape around me consisted of a field of flower, trees forming a treeline around me, and life, I could see bee’s going back and forth collecting pollen, ants building a nests, birds chirping happily, I was cuddling with someone, but the next second I found myself in a white room, everything looked white, and sterile, I was bound down to a cold table, and then I found myself in something green.

 

I woke up in a messed up state, I was drenched in sweat, the sun had barely risen from the horizon and the clock was barely past six in the morning. I had some time to burn before I was going back home. Home. I thought to myself, where is my home? I didn’t remember from memory, but I was getting strangely nostalgic from thinking about it, like the feeling you get from playing a game that you played since childhood. I stopped the thought train when my stomach growled, Typical me. I began pondering whether I could sneak out and maybe get some fast food instead of the crap that the hospital kitchen served, compared to the snackbar I got yesterday even that tasted better than hospital food.

 

Looking at the room I was in, the few rays of sunlight that made it were shining through the window right of me, the TV was hanging down from the corner, with a reflection of me looking back at me.

 

Sigh.

 

Sometimes I just don’t know what to do anymore, I’d probably be a social outcast if I were to try and talk to someone who is not a. A medical professional or b. Someone who has been trained for weird circumstances such as police. Now I think I have a solution for that, although I’m not sure if it would work. 

 

Kendo had told me that I was gonna leave for japan today, and well, to be honest I wasn’t really sure what I was expecting. I knew some common knowledge, and that three years has passed since I “disappeared”, I hope I can meet mom and dad again, mmm maybe cuddle with my sister?

 

But first I’d be meeting some cousins, I don’t really recall them, or anything else really, except for the ‘incident’, but I think I’ll try my hardest to forget that. Meeting new people isn’t my thing really, but I guess I’ll try, who knows? Maybe something good will happen.

 

-o-

 

12.35

 

A small group of people are surrounding the back entrance of the hospital, curious onlookers were shooed away, and rumours started spreading among those who lived near the hospital. Maybe someone important was being housed there? But if they only knew.

 

-o-

 

Being in a car gave me the chills, my body really didn’t like being in a car, and I showed it, it took me more courage than I want to admit to step into the car, and the whole time my brain was in overdrive, I was very fiddly with things at first and my tail was puffed up, like a lot. I don’t think I’ve ever been this agitated over something so mundane, such as riding in a car. Maybe it had to do with something in the past, but I sure don’t remember it.

One of the few times I was “calm” I was looking out from the window, gazing at the scenery changing, at first tall buildings were at the forefront, as if to show off the well-being of this city, before being replaced with smaller suburban houses, before finally settling on large amounts of trees.

It was only at the end when my body had settled down enough to not rouse my brain into overdrive, giving me some time for relief.

Arriving at the airport, I was told to not take off my hoodie and to try and hide my tail as good as I could, a flight attendant would be taking care of me until I arrived in Japan.

 

The terminal was just as “airport-y” as it could get, large screens showing dozens of flights and their statuses, departing times and arrival times, pots of small green plants dotted around everywhere, large warehouse lights lighting up the terminal, the flight attendant helped me with checking in and getting my ticket, I had only what little clothes I got from the hospital and a temporary passport, allowing me to get through security. Looking down at the ticket my flight was leaving in 45 minutes. 

The terminal on the other side looked very different, changing out the gray and granite decorations for a less gloomy, more warm tone, the decorations now consisted of white tiles and white pillars, and larger green plants that actually contributed to the look of the terminal, creating a shopping-mall like structure. The entire space was lit by either the lights in the stores and restaurants, or the large chandeliers hanging from the roof, and everytime a airplane would take off or land the ground would shake ever so slightly, which unnerved me. There was lots of glass, allowing me to see what was going on outside, I kept moving, finding the gate where my flight would depart from. A23. The terminal was at the furthest point away from where I entered, needing to take a right turn and walk quite a distance. Or use the automated walkways if you were lazy.

 

Getting to my destination I asked the flight attendant if I could have something to eat, she told me to wait where I was and she would be back with something tasty. I waited where she told me to wait, and I was rewarded with a sandwich.

 

I stuffed the sandwich in me, being the only thing I have eaten since morning. I waited out the 40 or so minutes left before my departure by doing some runs back and forth from the airport, I’d wager it was at least 700 meters back and forth, but I breezed it like as if it was nothing, no sweat, not even panting! I guess to gain I need to lose. The other thing I did was explore the numerous shops that were in the terminal, some were specialized in selling stuff made locally, such as wood sculptures while others were selling fashion products, some even carried those really fancy high end make-up products.

 

The time passed by, and it was time for me to leave america. Well, it was alright. Then again, who knows what I will encounter next?

 

End of chapter 5


I guess I managed to post today by splitting the chapter in two, I know, it sounds bad, but it isn't, if I included the stuff that was supposed to happen after this chapter I wouldn't A. get this pretty satisfying ending and B. It would be waaaaay to long.

tbh I never planned beyond like chapter 4 for the original pitch, so I thank you guys for actually giving me motivation to keep writing this story. And I'm now thinking of writing another series I've had in my head for a while.

Spoiler

And that story may include lot's of more technical stuff, such as country building hehe, tell me your opinion on if I should do it or not, it won't really affect my writing schedule in any negative way anyways, with autumn break ending after this week and all.

[collapse]
58