Chapter 5.5 | Relations
1.4k 12 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 5.5 | Relations

-o-

Hi! I am Kaoru, Takeshi Kaoru, and this year I am 15! I am starting highschool this year and I hope that I can do better this year. So about my family, there is Mom, Dad, Ryuu the cat, and me! We live in a three bedroom house, the town we live in is called “Yokohaba”, quite the unusual name innit?

 

I really like cats, my dad owns a cat cafe! My mom on the other hand, is a scientist , she does sciency stuff, not that I get it. I usually go to the park in the middle of the town, it’s really relaxing, and the nature there is so beautiful! But for some reason, lots of cats tend to stick to me, and I really like it when they do, they really are like friends to me, since most others consider me weird for being able to understand cats so well. 

 

Of course, not everyone is like that, for example, my best friend Yui understands me, and often tries to resolve the misunderstandings that happen between me and other people. And there are also those who like cats too, and often hang out at the cafe, I often talk with them, and I think they enjoy it, I’m not sure.

 

I often do work at the cafe, and get my share of earnings, and it’s not like it’s unfair, plus I really enjoy working there, specially the cats that come and go, so far I think the cafe has sheltered dozens of cats, who otherwise would have died in the wild.

Shudder.

It’s not a good thought of mine, but I’m really grateful for the cats, they love me, and I love them back!

 

-o-

 

So today I overheard my parents talking to someone on the phone, I think they mentioned something about when something is coming, and that Mom was looking through some files. Weird.

Anyways, I didn’t really hear too much, since I was on my way to my room. It was late and I was supposed to help out at the cafe tomorrow after all. Ryuu meowed at me when I entered my room, he was probably hungry. I walked to the drawer next to my desk and got a small plastic bag of cat food, I opened it, smelling the salty fishy smell, I poured it into the food bowl that sat next to the water bowl. Ryuu meowed happily and got to eating his evening snack.

 

Looking around the room, the familiar scent of cat and air freshener hit my nose, my bed was next to the only window. Which was opposite of the door, my desk sat by the top of the bed, being directly in front of the door, opposite of my desk was the closet, it was a simple closet really, two doors that could open, and inside was some shelves to help with organizing. A body mirror hung from one of the doors on the closet. An office chair sat in front of the desk, and on the desk was a cup full of pens, paper, lots of paper, I think most of it was summer assignments. Too lazy to do them. My laptop was also sitting on the desk, connected to the wall outlet.

 

I flopped onto the bed, thinking about what my parents could have been talking about on the phone.

 

-o-

 

I woke up to my phone alarm, I quickly stopped the ringing, and plopped right back into my bed. 

 

“Nghhhhhhh.”

 

I was feeling extra tired today, maybe because Ryuu wasn’t in the room anymore? I heard some footsteps, they were coming towards my door.

It’s probably mom.

I was right too, Mom entered the room.

 

“Hey sweetie, Mom has some things she wants to discuss with you.”

 

“What is it, Mom?”

 

Mom: “So your father and I discussed some things yesterday, I think you heard some of it.”

 

“Mhm, and?”

 

Mom: “Well, we are adopting someone!”

 

“Eh?”

 

Adopting? I don’t remember my parents being unable to have more children, nor do I think that they need more. Maybe she meant something else, and she explained to me.

 

“What?” Nani?

 

Mom: “I’ll explain but first, do you remember aunt Shimada?”

 

“Yes?”

 

Mom: “Well… She has some circumstances right now, and can’t take care of Misaki, so we are taking care of her. Don’t worry, It’ll be just like as if you were having a little sister!”

 

I squinted my eyes and gave her a doubting look.

 

“Really?”

 

Mom: “Yes!”

 

“Okay…”

 

Mom: “Just trust me okay? She will be here in two days, and both me and Dad would like it if you could help with decorating the guest room.”

 

I guess I could help with that.

 

“Fiiiiine I’ll do it.”

 

And so I did. The guest room was transformed into a new room for Misaki, it was repainted in a beautiful sky blue, and now had a few more drawers, a new desk and more, but I left it mostly empty, so when Misaki did come she could decide how to decorate her room herself. But I was sure that she would like it, I could feel it in my heart!...

 

Yeah I think I was getting a bit excited for meeting her, especially after once again overhearing a conversation between Dad and Mom, I think they were looking at photos of Misaki.

 

End of 5.5… …?

 

“Oi Mills, new orders from management, they want us to track down someone.”

 

“And?”

 

“Priority task! They’ll give out a bonus pay if we can find her.”

 

The real end of 5.5


Following chapter 6 I won't be uploading as frequently anymore, due to school starting again ;-;

Oh and I will start using a little different style of writing, since the current style really lacks in character interaction ;-;

Yeah I am bad at character interaction please suggest how I can do it better.

On another note: If my English teacher actually read this please write a review and send it to me through mail ok thanks.

61