Chapter 6 | Safe
1.4k 12 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6 | Safe

-6-

The flight was pretty boring, not a lot happened really, but my ears would get blocked every so often and I had to try and fix it by evening out the pressure, which was annoying to say the least, every time I tried to sleep the issue would pop up again, Which I would give a unhappy face to myself and even out the pressure.

 

4 hours left… I let out a disappointed sigh. 

 

I was told that I would be staying at a hotel before meeting my new family, a good opportunity for me to take a shower and rest.

 

But flying first class was a really nice experience, good food and movies to keep me entertained for a few hours made the trip bearable, if not a bit boring too. But the fish, my god the fish tasted like the most delicious thing ever! I didn’t know how they did it but it’s like if I was in heaven every bite.

Cat-like or not, I liked fish, and embarrassingly much too.

 

Arriving at the airport in Japan, the immediate thing I could sense was the difference in humidity, while back in America it had been relatively dry, here in Japan it was way warmer, and it irritated my ears a bit, they would twitch ever so often inside my hoodie, if you looked closely you’d be able to see movement under the hood, and that was something I didn’t want to happen.

 

Getting through security and arriving at the other side of the terminal, a guy stood holding a sign, it stood “Misaki” on it, so I assumed that that was the person who would take me to the hotel.

 

His face brightened when he saw me, shouting. “Hey Misaki! Over here!”

 

I walked over to him, the flight attendant that was with me followed, and had a small chat with him before leaving us alone.

 

He spoke again. “So, welcome to Japan! I’m Toberashi but you can call me Tobe, I’m working with the government and I know of your circumstances, now I know that this might not be the first time that you are here, but I’ll give you a quick tour to be safe.”

 

He went on and talked about a bit of the history of Japan, some of the important cultural landmarks and some things I should avoid doing, we exited the terminal walking over to a black car, it was a fairly small compact car, he opened the passenger on the left side and I climbed in, he then closed the door, which gave a loud thud, and entered the car from the left, where he then started the engine and drove off the parking space. I was still wearing the bag from when I left the plane, and took it off, giving my tail some breathing space. Tobe tried to strike a conversation with me, and he succeeded.

“So, what are you planning to do once you settle down?”

“I don’t know, maybe go to school?” I joked. But it turns out that I was supposed to go to school.

“Hmmm, well summer vacation is ending in three weeks, you know that you’ll need to take a school aptitude test soon right?”

“W-wait... “ I thought for myself, is he implying that I was actually supposed to go to school? “...Are you saying that I’ll go to school?”

“Well yes, I mean you’re only 15, despite the age difference.”

I pouted and replied. “But I don’t wanna.”

“It’s mandatory.”

“...” I kept my mouth shut, knowing that I wouldn’t be able to convince him anyways.

I decided to look at the scenery, I think we landed at a relatively big airport, I think it was called Haneda? Well, tall houses were flying by as we rode on the highway, which was elevated a couple meters.

My chin was resting on my hand, and my hand was resting next to the window, I probably looked as if I was gazing at something, maybe something like “the lonely beauty” or something. Well, minutes later the scenery changed from the high rise buildings to smaller more modest houses, and there were more trees and greenery, but the thing that caught my eye the most was this mountain, I think it was called Mount Fuji…

 

I saw myself… ...Sitting in a car, my sister was excited over something, and looking over it was… ...Mount Fuji.

 

The vision ended, and I was brought back to reality by Tobe. he was visibly worried over me. “Hey, hey, you okay?” I was tearing up, probably on the brink of crying, I lied. “Y-yeah, I’m okay.”. He eased a bit. “If you say so then.”

 

The rest of the ride was silent, with only the humming of the engine and the tires, creating a very ambient atmosphere, It made me a bit drowsy… ...Okay, maybe I slept just a wink.                

Moving on...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

We arrived at this smaller hotel, it was close to a train station. Yokohaba station. I guess the town was called yokohaba? Not really big or anything, and pretty much on the outskirts of Tokyo.

 

Entering the hotel, I was greeted by the smell of cool and dryer air, by this time my ears had gotten used to the more humid air outside, and began to twitch every so often again. Well, checking into my room, I flopped onto the bed head first, and just layed there, motionless. I remembered that I was supposed to take a shower. I got up again, made myself move to the toilet out of sheer willpower, undressed. Showered. Getting the included pyjamas, I flopped on the bed one final time, before falling asleep, Today had been a tiresome day.

 

End of chapter 6


Oh shiz I actually managed to write chapter 6 in time oh crud

anyways, this is the new style i think ill be writing in for the next few chapters, post how you like it compared to the previous chapters!

59