Chapter 7 | Meeting
1.6k 4 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 | Meeting

-7-

I woke up early in the morning, still tired from yesterday. I’ve been through a lot haven’t I? I rolled on to my back, and stared at the ceiling. My cheeks puffed up. Mmmmmrm. Taking a glance at the clock hanging on the wall it showed 6:37. So very early.

 

Getting up, my tail flicked, finally free from the weight of my body. I yawned and did a morning stretch, before getting off the bed and going through the clothes that I had brought over with me. 

 

Let’s see, the clothes from yesterday, a black t-shirt, jean shorts, a wind jacked and a beanie hat.

 

I choose to switch out the shirt I was wearing with the black t-shirt, and keep the rest the same. After dressing up I mentally prepared myself for meeting my new family. After the pepping session I went down to the desk to ask if they served breakfast, and they did! Walking past the reception desk, there was a door labeled as “Canteen” that I had missed when I had arrived. Whiffs of different foods leaked out, making my stomach growl. The lady at the desk smiled and spoke to me. “Breakfast is on the house.” I thanked her for helping me and went through the door.

 

Greeting me was the smell of fresh breakfast, the way it was served was in a buffet, tables to the right were lined up with different things, and to the right was the tables and chairs, I grabbed a plate and started piling some stuff, mainly bread, eggs and fish. Don’t judge me.

 

Getting over to the drinks I got a cup of orange juice, and water. Settling down on a table close to the buffet I started my little feast, starting with bread, butter, fish and eggs, before moving to fish itself, and lastly my drinks.

 

I walked away with a satisfied smile and made my way to my room, I’d probably just spend half the day watching some TV shows, until Tobe comes to pick me up that is. I entered my room with the card that I got from the desk, snuggled myself in the bed and turned on the TV. Going through the different programs, a certain one caught my interest. An animated show was running, I think the plot was something about a guy getting reincarnated and rebuilding a country? It was entertaining to watch at least.

 

The time ticked, slowly crawling to 2pm, or the time that Tobe would come and pick me up to meet my new family.

 

Packing my stuff I left the room I had been using for the past day. I greeted Tobe with a smile, he asked me about my stay and I answered with how nice it was.

 

-o-

 

Kaoru is in her room trying to do homework, she had been staying up a bit late yesterday due to the excitement of someone coming over.

 

Meanwhile.

 

Misaki is sitting on the car seat, watching houses and trees whizzing by. The car stops at a traffic light, and makes a right turn. Now driving past a large park, Misaki takes a glance at it. She finds it very beautiful, and ponders on whether she should take a visit sometime.

 

The car stops again at another traffic light and takes a left turn this time, driving into a smaller urban part of the town, filled with small family homes instead of the three to four storey tall houses that previously dominated the window view.

 

Taking a right turn into a small alleyway, the car stops in front of a two story tall family home.

 

-o-

 

I was in my room studying when my mom called me down, “Kaoru, come down and meet your new sister!” “I’m coming!”

 

I walked to the door, opened it and headed down the stairs, reaching the living room, Mom was on her computer writing something while Dad was away at the cafe. Mom greeted me with a smile. “So are you ready to welcome a new member to the family?” “Yes!” I gleefully answered back .

 

I could see a black car pull up in front of my home through the window, a guy dressed in business attire exits from the drivers side, walks around to the other side, and I think helps someone down? Not sure. 

My mom finished what she was writing, and got up from her seat, she walked over to the front door, and gestured to me to follow her.

 

-o-

 

We stopped in front of a two storey house, not really that big either, Tobe exited from the driver's seat and walked over to my side, and helped me down from the car. He walked towards the door, with me following him, holding onto his arm, I was scared, meeting new people can be daunting, sure I had met lots of people before but those were under different circumstances, this time would probably be the first time I would need to introduce and talk about myself.

We ended up in front of the door, Tobe rang the bell and a lady opened the door, she was beautiful, brown hair, brown eyes, plenty of chest, and she was giving off a very pleasant smell, I think I was getting attracted.

She welcomed me and Tobe, and told us to come in, and we did. Stepping into the house, I was hit with a bunch of different and new smells, Smells like home and cat. There was a younger girl behind this older lady, I think it’s her daughter? I don’t know but I’ll go with that.

Well, so the older lady who introduced herself as Ayumi went for me, and hugged me like if I was a plushie doll. I let out a disgruntled sound . Mrrrrrv. 

She smiled at me, before giving Tobe a goodbye, and Tobe left.

She spoke while squishing my cheeks. “Kaoru!, Look, she is so cute!” I could only give a pout in return.

It took some time before she realised that she forgot to introduce herself. “Oh my, where are my manners? Aherm, I’m Ayumi! And that cutie over there is Kaoru! Say hi!”

The girl, named Kaoru gave an acknowledging nod, and spoke out. “I’m Kaoru.”

Of course I would need to reply. “I-I’m Misaki!”

I could make out faint red on Kaoru’s face, and Ayumi left us alone. “Well girls, I’ll leave ya alone for now.” And she went upstairs to the second floor.

I don’t know why, but I was slowly getting a strange feeling, it was indescribable, if I were to try and describe it, it would probably be the feeling of contempt, or something like that. I took off my shoes, and walked over to the couch that sat in front of the TV, I plopped down on it and a sigh escaped me, I changed my posture a bit and had my elbow on my knees while my hand supported my chin. I looked up and got deep into thought.

Kaoru finally broke the ice and spoke, catching me a bit off guard. “Heya, so you’re Misaki?” She asked in a friendly tone. “Yeah, I am why?” She sat down besides me, looking at me with a worried face. “You seemed to be in thought, want to talk about anything?” I think about it, maybe there is some stuff I want to talk about… But I rejected the offer, in spite of what my inner voice is telling me. “No...”

“Awww…” She gave off a gloomy face, and I felt bad. “Maybe?” Her face brightened up immediately, she scooted closer to me and got a bit comfortable. “Sigh where should I begin…” “Why not with the beginning?” She suggested. “Okay…” And so, I started explaining, she was a very good listener, and gave remarks about some of the things I did. 

I think I teared up during one of the scarier moments of my story, Kaoru pulled me close and cuddled me, comforting my crying self, while also headpatting, normally I would probably protest it, but right now it felt super comforting and soothing, so I let it be. Getting to the end, she hugged me tightly, like a teddy bear while I was sniffling. “Awwww… And now you’re here, don’t worry, I’ll protect you. I’ll swear on that. To protect the cutest smile on earth!”

I don’t know if she was serious or not, but it made me feel better, and I unconsciously let out a purr for a second, before stopping myself from purring. I don’t think Kaoru noticed, based on the fact that she still was hugging me and petting me. Maybe what she said was true.

 

End of chapter 7


So, I have been practicing drawing since yesterday, and I am very happy with the results. Rate what you think about this chapter

...Yeah im lazy author too hehe. check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/jqJsReEBSx and my youtube channel if you want to, I go by the same name there.

61