Chapter 20 | Gaming Session
863 15 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 20 | Gamer session

-20-

 

I got home from school tired from the P.E class and thirsty because of it. After lightly jogging home I entered my home, got a glass of water to drink, and entered my room. I slumped over on the red bean bag after dropping my school and gym bag.

 

“Hnnngh…”

 

I let out a groan in pain, my arms were extremely sore now and I was surprised over how I managed to make it back home.

 

After getting quite the well-deserved rest, I got on the computer. I wanted to play some shooting games and booted one up of the most popular ones right now. Field of Battle IV. It’s a mix of arcades and realistic shooters, with lots of different weapons and vehicles to use.

 

But I’m not interested in that bit, I’m mostly interested in a particular game mode called “Bomb Defusal” where one team tries to plant a bomb and the other one tries to stop them from planting or defusing the bomb. The win conditions are either that the time runs out, the bomb is defused, the bomb explodes, or that the entire enemy team gets killed.

 

“One enemy operator left.” The game announcer called out.

 

The only thing between the enemy and the bomb was me. My teammate had just planted it and I was responsible for making sure that it wasn’t defused.

 

Step step step

 

I turned my mouse on a 180. I thought that I had heard footsteps from behind, but it seemed that my last opponent was good at his craft. Sweat began to build up again, this was going to be a clutch round. I kept scanning the area, hoping for a single clue for where he would pop out. 

 

The bomb site had 3 entrances, one from our spawn, one from their spawn and one from the middle. Based on their strategy of rushing with flashbangs I would assume that he was out of them, and would probably go from my spawn. 

 

I was right, just as I was going to look towards that entrance a decoy popped out. A classic move to try and fake a flashbang. I fought against my nerves to spin around the mouse and kept my crosshair firmly pointed at the entrance. 

 

Like a cat stalking its prey I was rewarded with the kill.

 

“Bang!”

 

“All enemy operators eliminated.”

 

And I won the game. 

 

Heh. 

 

Well, that was intense. 

 

I quickly logged off the game and got something to drink. The fridge was… Not very varied with watery substances and I had the options of; water, milk, flavored milk and soy milk to drink. Of course I’m gonna take strawberry milk, I’m not completely tasteless!

 

I quickly walked up the stairs to my room and popped the cap open. A long sip followed after that. 

 

I sat into a ball on the chair and browsed my phone. Social networks are scary! I think I’m indulging too much.

 

I was pulled back to reality when a quiet ping reached my ears.

 

“Huh?”

 

I looked at the invitation.

 

Someone was impressed by my skills and wanted me in their clan! Being the gracious woman of gratitude I am, I accepted it, curious to know who these were.

 

‘Helo.’

 

‘Hi! Glad you joined our clan! I saw your clutch the last game and I was impressed!’

 

Well, this fella seems interesting.

 

‘So I thought, Why not invite? After all, we are one member down.’

 

‘Huh’

 

Sounds interesting, it seems that he was impressed by my skills and wanted me in! 

 

‘I’ll think about it.’

 

And I ended the conversation with that. 

 

I think I need something… Something nice, Something I can hug… Yes! I needed pats from Kaoru!

 

I opened my door and sneakily tip-toed over to Kaoru’s door and ever so slowly opened the door. Kaoru was inside doing Kaoru things and didn’t notice that I had sneakily walked in. My cat senses were switched on and I slowly crept on from behind, before pouncing and giving her a hug from the back!

 

“Wha- Oh hi Yuki!”

 

“Kaoru I want pats!”

 

“Of course.”

 

Her expressions went from being surprised and almost angry to smiling and laughing. She gave me the pat I wanted and being satisfied with that I exited the room… Of course, I didn’t. I also had a non-voluntary cuddle and watched a few videos on the tube. 

 

And after that, I was permitted to leave. No, not really permitted per se but that was when I was satisfied with what I wanted.

 

Now I don’t want to be the person to point out the obvious, but I really loved fish so when I caught a whiff of it from downstairs I was practically salivating already.

 

I wiped the minuscule amount of drool and dropped what I was doing (which was watching cat videos, ironic I know), and walked halfway down the stairs.

 

“Are we having fish for dinner?”

 

“Yep, Steamed with soy sauce and rice.”

 

Steamed fish! It’s almost like it’s being boiled, but all the juicy and tender insides remain! It’s one of those things in life that I really enjoy.

 

The dinner moved on quickly and I got to spend time with my family.

 

I didn’t really have a lot to talk about so I stayed mostly quiet while Mom and Dad talked about adult stuff.

 

After dinner, I was back in my room again, and still watching cat videos. I could understand what some cats said so sometimes the videos could get really interesting.

 

After getting bored of doing that I moved back to the computer. I’ve been getting quite the amount of messages built up from the clan, mostly trying to get me online.

 

I should definitely get a voice changer, talking with the voice I’ve got right now sounds like a really bad idea.

 

I quickly downloaded the first and best voice changer, not intending to use it for too long. The app installed quickly and I quickly selected a voice changer.

 

“Gotta find one quickly… Yeah, that’ll do.”

 

I reluctantly joined their voice chat.

 

“Who joined?” Someone asked.

 

“I think it’s the one I invited.” Another one answered.

 

“H-hello?” I nervously eeked out after having a listen to their conversation. I hope the voice changer worked.

 

“Oh hi! I hear you’re using a voice changer but I’m sure that’s no biggie. Welcome to our small clan!”

 

“Ah… Thanks.” I responded, curious about these people.

 

I looked around in their chatroom, they had an image sharing channel and a strategy channel.

 

“What now?” The other person in the voice chat asked. 

 

“Well, want to play a practice match?”

 

I smugly smiled for myself. 

 

“Sure.”

 

Starting up the game again the creep of predator instincts reared, I think I was going to have fun with these two.

 


I'M BACK AND READY FOR WRITING AGAIN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

oh I'm definitely probably going to rewrite older chapters

29